Chapter Four

Planned to Be

Hi everyone ^-^

it's been a long time. Been missing my otp so much T.T

Sorry for not updating. this was a chapter i had written last year. it's not editted (as always) please forgive.

thought I'd update once before my next lot of assessments roll in.

Anyway, I hope it's not too disappointing.

thanks for sticking with me or just hanging around :)

Cheers!

**********************

Turning couples’ dreams into reality has always been Im Yoona’s dream since forever. Helping couples create their perfect day and doing it with a heart filled with blessing from start to end is what she lives for. There is just something about it that delivers so much satisfaction. Not to mention the bonus of that sweet little empathetic feeling for the couple – one which she decided a few days ago not to explain to someone who will probably not understand. Yet although she has been in this position for years, watching it happen never gets old – the feeling always comes back – the rush of fulfilment, pleasure and sometimes the urge of wanting to cry because when it just plays out in front of you, you are just unable to help it.

But Yoona was wrong on that. In fact on two things. Although she has yet to acknowledge it, but there is a possibility for that feeling – the feeling of being so happy she might be happier than the couple themselves - is going to change. And the other, that one person she thought would not understand about the things she does, probably did.

Sooyoung and Yoona are sitting at a glass table in the office of ‘SM wedding’, there are sheets of paper spread out in an organised fashion in front of them. They are discussing the details while pointing at the screens of their tablets and laptops when their colleague Jongdae approaches them,

“We just finalised editing the footage and music video for the Jihoon X Taehee wedding” he puts down the package. “Just need to send it.” he smiles

“Thank you Jongdae ah, I’ll get Naeun to send it after her lunch break” Sooyoung says

“Oh and Jonghyun hyung wanted to ask your opinions on what track to use for the background music for a particular part of the wedding. I think for the JiHyo and Gary wedding.” He finishes, watching Sooyoung turn to Yoona who was responsible for the event.

“Oh, I think Yuri arranged a few new pieces recently, or even the ones he composed himself were pretty nice, maybe they will fit. If not, then send me the clip and we’ll see what we can do with it.”

“Alright thanks” he quickly turns to leave.

Both the ladies dive straight back into their discussion like they were not interrupted at all.

“We confirmed the booking for bus hire. So the guests will be taken from here straight to the reception venue.”

“OK, sounds set.” Sooyoung says, moving onto the next page.

 Somewhere along their discussion for the preparations, they hear the unmistakable tapping of Tiffany’s heels approach them from the foyer.

“Is it lunch time already?” Sooyoung asks Yoona who glances at her watch. They shake their heads at each other, realising that the footsteps are slower than when they would be if she was to come in and announce that it is lunch time. It is the other possibility. She appears, poking her head around the wall to the foyer. She walks in, glad to find both of the girls she is looking for there.

“Yoona, Sooyoung” She approaches them, the two look at each other curiously and turn back at their always lovable customer relations manager. A beautiful lady is following behind.  Tiffany begins speaking before her feet come to a stop in front of the two professionals.

“I wanted to introduce you to our special guests…” she turns her body around to Yeonhee, pointing her hand in that direction “Where is Mr Shim?” She breaks the introduction, noticing the absence of the other person.

“Oh, he just got an important phone call from a client.” The beautiful young lady answers. Yoona sighs looking at the lovely smile that matches the beauty of the lady standing in front of them.

“Oh right.” Tiffany says as she turns back to Yoona and Sooyoung. “This is Miss Lee Yeonhee” cueing the start of a routine of introductive exchange – shaking hands, returning smiles.

“This is Yoona and Sooyoung, two of our top wedding planners,” she explains to Miss Lee.

“Miss Lee is looking into places for a wedding planner, but wants to see one of your works before landing the job on us.” The sentence is not unfamiliar to the three colleagues as she continues “But, our CEO Mr Jung believes Miss Lee will not be disappointed by the work of these two.”

“Well, that’s a lot of pressure our boss put on us” Sooyoung widens her eyes and creates laughter among the girls. It comes to an end, as they hear a male voice call out to their new potential client,

“Yeonhee ah” he calls, the name rolling off his lips casually. But everything outside of Yoona’s mind freezes as her eyes notice the familiar figure of the guy she had just recently met and acquainted with. His eyes land on hers at the moment she stopped to stare. She hears Tiffany’s voice, but is not really able to listen.

“This is the ‘groom to be’” Tiffany laughs a little at the sound of that title but continues “Mr Shim Changmin.”

Something clenches within Yoona’s chest.

“Oh Changmin ah,” the bride-to-be turns around, smiling just so sweetly, there is a bitterness forming somewhere inside Yoona. Changmin, clears his throat, clearing his mind from the daze he was in, and walks over to them. Yoona looks away, gluing her eyes to a glass vase on one of the desks as if that was her distraction all along. Changmin. So that is his name?

She looks back just in time to see Yeonhee lace her arm just so naturally around his, a smile on her face. It distracts her enough so that she is unable to see Changmin’s reaction.

“This is Yoona and Sooyoung…” and Tiffany repeats the introduction – a little timidly maybe due to the passive non reaction – she does not usually get from the guests. Yoona feels his eyes on her for a moment, but watches Tiffany’s lips moving as if her life depends on it.  Another voice announcing the owner’s entrance is enough to bring Yoona out of her uncomfortable pretence. She is glad for their CEO to walk into the door and intrude.

“How’s everything going?” Yunho directs the question to everyone present in the room as he enters.

Tiffany, Sooyoung and Yoona greet their CEO formally

“Mr Jung.”

“How’s my team doing?” he laughs confidently. Tiffany was about to answer but someone else had beat her to it.  And certainly not in the way she had imagined or expected.  

“I don’t get why there needs to be two wedding planners for one wedding. I thought they were professional, are they not professional enough to handle one wedding by themselves?” Yoona and Sooyoung look at each other with wide questioning eyes. Yoona begins to stand up straighter almost defensively.

Yunho is almost stunned speechless at the confronting challenge against his administrative decision – especially in front of everyone who least needs to hear it once again– but is prepared to reply based on his trust and belief in his team.

“Many clients have questioned it before. But the answer I give every time is the same. Sooyoung and Yoona are perfectly fine on they’re own. Professional and everything you can ask for. But when they’re together, they have so much chemistry in complementing each other, what they create is magic. SO for larger weddings or more important ones, we use them both which is why I wanted you to see their work, our other wedding planners like Sunday, Dana and Lena are perfectly capable too. But other than the magic you’ll see from these two, the others’ schedules might not allow it I’m afraid, so this is the best choice.”

Changmin’s expression does not change after the explanation, instead, he turns and faces the wedding planners while he speaks to Yunho. The three employees of SM wedding are glad and grateful for their Ceo’s defensive speech.

“But the professionalism part, I hold doubt over. A wedding planner who is readily forgetting things?” his eyes are on Yoona – who meets his eyes midway through the sentence. Yoona widens her eyes, she feels as if she had just been slapped in the face. Is he using that against me?

“That was just a one-off incident” Yoona is already answering before she knows it. Changmin continues staring as if asking – really?

Yunho and the other ladies in the room are confused enough at why he was making such a claim. But the fact that Yoona jumped in to speak aloud as defending herself makes the whole situation a lot more difficult for them to understand.

Twice. Only twice.” She corrects herself.  

“That’s more than enough to ruin such an important day isn’t it?” his sharp tongue creates more damage. 

Sooyoung and Tiffany look curiously at Yoona afraid to voice out the question. Yeonhee seems to have the same concern with the look on her face. But Yunho saves their trouble

“You two know each other?”

“No. I dropped something of mine twice. And Mr Shim happened to be there to pick it up. We didn’t even know others’ names.”

“we don’t know each other” Changmin curtly says.

“Yes Yoona can be a little clumsy sometimes – once in a while. But we assure you she is two hundred percent professional when she is at work. It was a myth but we all believe it is because she wants it as much as the couple themselves for the day to turn out as perfect as the fantasy they had of it.” Sooyoung steps in to explain, hoping not to upset the client even before they are able to show them even as little as the handwriting of theirs.  Yoona puts a hand on Sooyoung’s arm as if thanking her.

“Besides everyone makes mistakes” she pipes in. “I’m sure you yourself, Mr Shim makes such mistakes” She stands firm, almost staring him down with the fierceness of her eyes. She knows that he knows perfectly well what incident she was referring to.

Yeonhee suddenly makes a suggestion, not wanting the situation to get any worse than it already has.

“There are other planners aren’t there?”

“Tiffany can you please recheck Dana and Sunday’s because Lena is going to be on leave soon.” Yunho says. It seems as if everyone had gotten enough surprises (more bad than good) for the day which is understandable for the others not to know how to react when yet another one appears

“No need” they both say together. Changmin sighs out the words – the breath he was holding. Yoona sighs too, letting him talk first

“That sounds like such a hassle. And If Yunho hyung and your colleague here are correct about your ability, then what you create is perfection. Perfection sounds good.”

“That’s what I was going to say. I will definitely show you our work, and I will make sure I have no mistakes that you can have victory over.” Yoona smiles at Yeonhee. Yunho, Tiffany and Sooyoung look from Changmin to Yoona and back. Yoona reaches her hand out for the couple to shake, she removes her eyes from them when her hand meets his.

“So our next scheduled wedding is two days away.” Sooyoung says after the intensity and tension recedes. Yeonhee replies for him

“’We have something scheduled.”

“I guess we’ll have a more major one – it’ll be in Jeju, and we’ll be taking the team over. ”

“it’s on the 21st

“that sounds alright doesn’t it? no projects?”

“I’ll send some details over to Tiffany and she can forward it to you Yeonhee.” Tiffany gives a reassuring nod.  

***

At dinner in their dormitory, Yoona’s friends were throwing her concerned looks alternatingly. Yoona pretends not to notice, and continues listening to the conversations across the table. She knows Sooyoung let her be, giving her space –which Yoona is always grateful for – not pressing her anymore after the occurrence of the incident. Tiffany begins on the topic however, bringing it up like their usual buzz –

“A potential client is coming with us to the Jeju wedding.”

“Oh really?” Hyoyeon says in between bites of her food.

“Yah Hyoyeon we told you not to talk with your mouth full, it puts people off –“ Jessica complains. Hyoyeon sticks her tongue out after swallowing.

 But Yoona is already having a mental rally of thoughts. So that’s why he was himself again. He’s taken. Her appetite retracts as her thoughts collect. And he remembered that fact because he got a call from his fiancée. She pieces the information together – finally recalling the name he mentioned in the phone call before he became himself again. “Is he trying to show that he can have a love life when I certainly doubted he wouldn’t understand the nature of my job? Did he do it intentionally?” she ponders on the question for a while until a reply of Tiffany’s catches her attention.

“Yeah I gave them a really thorough walkthrough on the day of the Hwang wedding Yoona and Sooyoung were responsible for.” Tiffany emphasises the word ‘thorough’ as she tries to cover as she swallows her food.

But if that’s the case, it can’t be… this was already starting to set in place even before I met him. Then why…  

She is called out of her reverie by another mention of her name. She looks at Tiffany who had just frozen with a pair of chopsticks pointing at Yoona. Sooyoung was giving Tiffany a pointed look and a slight shake of her head but Yoona catches it.

“Yoona what?” Sunny asks, urging Tiffany to finish it. She manages to finish her sentence uncertainly after an embarrassed laugh.

“Yoona…and Sooyoung will most probably be responsible for it?” the not involved members frown at the weird tone but shrug it off. But the thoughts that are stuck in Yoona’s mind cannot be just shrugged off.

But before she begins any other thoughts. There is one fact on her mind that she has been repeating to herself intentionally. 'That’s none of your business anymore Yoona. Well... business in another sense. He is getting married.'