Future Husband

You're My Teacher

 

Taeyeon, Yoona and Seohyun were in the living room of Tiffany’s apartment. The still have two more days before the deadline of their project. But their project is still halfway done.

 

"Mianei Seohyun-ah." Yoona said without looking at Seohyun while his hand was busy doing their work.

 

"Wae?" Seohyun asked didn’t know why were Yoona apologizing.

 

"For making us delaying this project with our basketball practice and just fooling around with Chingi." Yoona looked at Taeyeon and then at Chingi who was sitting at Seohyun’s lap.

 

"Mianei." Taeyeon also felt guilty. His hand was busy screwing the components doing the job as fast as he could without any mistake.

 

"There’s no need to be sorry guys. We’ll complete this in time for sure." She patted the boys' shoulder who sat at each side of her. Yoona just smiled weakly.

 

"Hwaiting!" Seohyun smiled and pumped her fists. "Hwaiting!" Followed by Yoona. Both of them looked at Taeyeon. Taeyeon was too busy with his worked didn’t notice that the attention was on him.

 

"Yah!" Yoona called. Taeyeon looked up. "What?"

 

"You must do 'Hwaiting' too." Yoona said. "Hwaiting." Taeyeon said and pumped his fist half-heartedly. "That was the most boring 'Hwaiting' I've ever heard in my entire life." Yoona's comment make Seohyun laughed.

 

Meanwhile, Tiffany was on her way to her father's office after receiving a phone call from her father asking her to meet him.

 

Tiffany used the elevator to go to the top floor.

 

The secretary bowed at Tiffany's entrance. "The director has been waiting for you Ms. Hwang." Tiffany politely bowed back.

 

Tiffany knocked the door. "Come in." Someone called from inside. She opened the door and entered. She bowed.

 

"Sit down." Mr. Hwang pulled his glasses off and set them on his desk. He got up and came over to the sitting area. He sat across Tiffany on the black leather sofa. "Why did you called me?" Tiffany asked.

 

Mr. Hwang pulled out a card from his jacket. He put on the table and slid it to his daughter. "8:00 tonight. Don’t be late." Tiffany picked up the card. It was a card for a five-star restaurant. She curiously looked at her father. "Am I'll be meeting someone?" Mr.Hwang just nodded. "It’s a blind date."

 

Tiffany's eyes widened. "Father-"

 

“I never see you with a man. You’re old enough to get married. We’re the elite. You need a husband soon before the good ones are taken.” Mr. Hwang said.

 

"What? The g-good ones?" Tiffany asked in disbelief. "Remember not to be late." He said sternly. He got up from the sit and walked back to his desk. "But father-" Tiffany stood up. Receiving no answer she heaved a sigh. No matter how much she don’t want to go but she couldn’t defy him.

 

You bowed and left the room. *He didn’t even care to ask about me and Seohyun.* She crushed the business card in her hand.

 

Tiffany drove back to her apartment.

 

****

 

That night after getting dressed up Tiffany grabbed her purse and went outside her bedroom.

 

"Unnie where are you going?" Seohyun asked. The boys were still there. All of them looked at Tiffany.

 

"I have to meet someone." Tiffany answered. "Order some foods for you and your friend. I can’t make dinner for you guys." Tiffany gave Seohyun some money. "Araso. Take care unnie." Seohyun took the money. "Bye noona!" Seohyun and Yoona waved to her. She just smiled and walked away.

 

*Who is she meeting* Taeyeon can't help to be curious after looking at Tiffany who gorgeously dressed up that night as if she will be meeting her boyfriend.

 

"What do you guys want for dinner?" Seohyun asked bringing Taeyeon back to reality. They ordered their food and went back to work.

 

****

 

Tiffany arrived at the restaurant. It was dimly lit with low lighting giving a romantic surrounding. You gave the waiter your name and he led you to a table.

 

A handsome guy was sitting on the table waiting patiently for someone. Tiffany looked at her watch and it's not 8 o'clock yet. *I guess I'm not late.* She took a seat across the guy.

 

He stood up. "Hi, you must be Tiffany Hwang right? I'm Choi Siwon." He stretched his hand. Tiffany stood up and shook his hand. "Nice to meet you."

 

They sat down and ordered food. While waiting for their order Siwon started to introduced himself. Tiffany know that Siwon is 2 years older that her and his father was one of her father's business mate.

 

For the whole dinner Tiffany was just quietly eating her food and listen to Siwon. Sometimes, she just simply anwered the question from Siwon who showed his interest to her. Siwon is kind and a gentleman but Tiffany just didn't have any interest with him.

 

"I felt lucky that my future wife is so beautiful as an angel." Siwon flashed his charming smile.

 

Tiffany choked her food when she heard the word 'future wife'. "Are you okay?" Siwon as concernly and handed Tiffany's glass to . Tiffany gulped the water. After she calmed down she looked at Siwon. "What do you mean by 'future wife'?"

 

"Your father didn't tell you?" Siwon asked. He was shocked that Tiffany didn't know the exact purpose on why were both of them being forced to meet. Tiffany just shook her head. Siwon then stated that their meeting have been arraged by their parents who want them to get married. They also supposed to get married less than 5 months.

 

Tiffany can't believe that her father did not discuss or even inform her about the marriage.

 

Siwon paid the dinner and both of them walked out of the restaurant. "Do you want to go somewhere else? I can accompany you." Siwon said. "No thanks, I'm tired, I need to go home now." Tiffany said.

 

"Okay then, I guess we'll meet again soon. Goodnight." Siwon said. Tiffany just nodded and walked away.

 

She hopped into his car and pulled out her phone. She dialed her father's phone number. Her hand was shaking. "Hello?" Mr. Hwang answered. "How could you do this to me father? Why didn't you informed to me that we're getting married!" She said angrily gripping onto the steering wheel. 

 

There was a pause on the other line. "So you met Siwon?"

 

"Yes I did and I will not marry him!" Tiffany said firmly.

 

"Choi Siwon is a perfect husband for you and he is exactly who we need in our family. You should be lucky that someone like him will be your husband." Mr. Hwang stated.

 

"But I want to marry someone that I love!" Tiffany proclaimed.

 

"You can't always get what you want in this world." Mr. Hwang hung up.

 

"Father!" Tiffany called but the line was dead. She tried to dialed her father again but her father just ignored her calls. Tiffany gave up. Tears spilled down her face. *This can't be happening! I can't marry Choi Siwon!* She burried her face in her arms on the steering wheel. *Umma ... *