Butterfly

Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SNSD's Dorm, December 2008

Ring ring

1 message received

Taeyeon-ah, let’s meet up! I miss you

She let out a small smile seeing the message from her lover. Park Jeongsu. Yeah. Taeyeon had already dated him for 6 months now. Manager oppa didn’t know it. If he knew, he would get back Taeyeon’s authority of her own phone. What he knew is just she used it for contacting her family. All of her sisters knew, and they got envy. Their leader sunbae fell in love with their leader. How romantic. Park Jeongsu was known as a good sunbae, very caring towards all of the trainees, humble, and funny. The same funny person who filled the emptiness in Taeyeon’s heart.

Taeyeon never had a friend, a boy friend, that was so close, just like an older brother. Because honestly, she wasn’t close enough with her own brother. So, that person, almost could substitute his brother’s role as her protector, someone she could trust, and a friend that always support her. But, when suddenly that important person dissapeared without any warning, all she did was just helplessly crying. Crying over something that she didn’t know the reason. She found her heart lonely. She had thought about contacting him like billion times. And well, she had tried. Still, he’s unreachable. She found herself as a fangirl that only could see him in the television. Girl’s generation rarely got chance to met the great Bigbang again. They both were getting famous. Like what manager oppa said, they didn’t need anymore scandal. Their company had enough of it. Not once he ever contacted Taeyeon again.

Hundreds hypothesis came to her mind. Like he was so busy now, so he didn’t have time to chitchat with his old friend. But she was either, and she could spent her time for him if he wanted. Wasn’t she important enough for being his priority? They’d spent trainee days together! That’s not a logical reason. Number two, he suddenly hated her. Like, what did she do? She couldn’t find what. Number three, he had a girl, and he didn’t want to make his girl jealous. Her heart squeezed just by thinking of that thought. But, Taeyeon is just a friend. A friend. Maybe a little too close to be friend, even she admitted it now. Wait! she heard from her stylist that a girl, in the YG’s new girl group had a rumour with him. Unfortunately she’s so pretty. That Sandara Park is too pretty. Was it jealousy? No, of course not they were just friend.

But why even she was bothered by it. He’s just another friend anyway.

Number four. He turned to different person. He was not what she knew. He was not the kind, caring, supporting, and protecting Jiyong. He was another person.

When she sought the right answers, then came Jeongsu. He’s always there, Taeyeon could not ignore his sincere heart. And somehow, falling in love with Jeongsu could cure the brokenhearted Taeyeon. It made her believe it was the first hypothesis. He was just busy. And just like other person who would tend to forget their elementary school friends and high school friends when the went to college, he also had to move on the another stage of his life. As simple as that. And maybe Taeyeon was too dumb to understand so he had to directly said what he want. Not using any small talks before or some warnings.

By then Jeongsu led her to face the new world, entertainment industry, and finally had an acceptance. Yes this is her way.

 

YG's studio, June 2009

Dara gaped in an awe. She was in YG’s studio hearing one of Jiyong’s new song for his debut album for the first time.

“Noona,” Jiyong waved his hand in front of her face. He giggled, “Are you okay?”

“Kyaaaaaaaa,” Dara, in her fangirl mode. “ That’s great, it is beyond GREAT! I like it! This will be awesome,”

“I told you,” said Kush, one of YG producer who worked together with Jiyong. “I am sure that girls will like this type of song,” he did high five with Jiyong.

“The melody is so soothing, and the lyrics! DAEBAK!” Dara’s thumbs was up. “Congratulation G Dragon Sunbaenim, your debut will be a SUCCESS!,”

“Thanks Noona, but honestly you don’t really like the title song

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter