Little surprise

(EXO) Kai: Cerberus
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next two weeks were a dream for the two lovers. Stolen kisses, hugs and hot nights in the bedroom let SooYoung without breath. 

Her books were forgoten in a corner, until one day when she realized she must go to take the damned exam. Then, she panicked. 

For two weeks she was so in love that anything dissapeared from her mind. Only the memento in her phone made her aware of the world from outside her new bubble of happines. She has to be responsable for her life, and love doesn't fit in her plans. 

Standing on the edge of the bed she was starring at the letters on the screen screeming to her: "Welcome to reality, b**ch!" 

Soo Young felt the shuffling in her back and an arm circled her waist, Kai's head resting now on the small of her back.

"What it is?" His voice was husky and sleepy.

"Nothing. Go back to sleep!" She put her phone on the nightstand and standed up slowly.

"Where are you going?"

She smiled.

"I'm taking a shower." 

Half a hour later she was dressed and gone. Kai was still sleeping.

*****

She was smart enough to pass the exam and enter in the medical school. The new program allowed short time for Soo Young an Kai to be togheter. Still, at night they will cuddle togheter and kiss and the god will whisper to her "I love you!", while her mind will respond "I ... like you, too!", but she won't say anything. 

She din't know why, but the word 'love' scared her. The first time she heard it, she let it slip in the heat of the moment, but after she realized the meaning of it she started to doubt if her relation with Kai is necessary. If her soul will handle another heartbreak when the time will come.

A month of hectic schedule and she was puking in the toilet her guts out. When she got outside of the cubicle in the university's toilet, she had tears from effort and a bitter aftertaste.

"It's only because i'm tired.", Soo Young said to herself.

Two more days of puking and she was in the doctor's cabinet with a positive pregnacy test in her hands, not beliving the result. 

And she knew she had a big problem.

"You want an ultasound, to know how old is the fetus?", the doctor asked kindly.

"No. Thank you!" Soo Yound standed up quick and was gone off the door in no time. 

******

Kai is watching Soo Young from his seat across the table. She is cooking their's dinner with a frown on her face.

He likes how concentrated she looks. She's cute, like a child. He knows she doesn't like to cook. But she will always do it for him. 

Like a wife.

In that moment, Soo Young smashed on the table the knife she used to chop the vegetables, startling him.

"I need space." she said in a low voice.

She was angry, Kai noticed. 

"I'm going in the living room." he announced hoping she will be appeased.

"No. I said i need space." She was now looking in his eyes decided and her cold gaze gave him a cold shiver on his spine.

"This..."

Please log in to read the full chapter