four.

euh ver0 [discontinued] READ LAST UPDATE!
Please log in to read the full chapter

Several days later, Serena was in the midst of placing a letter in Sunghoon's locker in the dance team's break room when a voice startled her.

"So you're the one leaving the love letters for Sunghoon these past several days, huh?"

Serena retracted her hand, but left the light blue envelope behind and shifted her gaze causally towards the person, Heeseung. Serena recalled that no one would be practicing today from Riki, but I guess there was always that one person.

"Leaving them, yes." She answered nonchalantly.

"You're Lee Chaejin from the Department of Fine Arts, right?"

"Mmhmm."

He cast her with a polite smile as his eyes glanced from the locker and back to her.

"Sorry, but Sunghoon isn't interested."

She suppressed a laugh from escaping before responding with a playful expression.

"Me either."

"Then why are you leaving him love letters?"

"It's for someone else."

Linna was encouraged to write letters if she didn't want to openly confess, but somehow Serena ended up being the delivery person. Serena left it at that and made her way around him to leave as he followed after.

"Who's the person that likes him then?"

"That's for me to know and you to never find out. Anyways, I'll let her know that your friend isn't interested. Bye."

She continued walking and before Heeseung could probe further he was called by several people and suddenly surrounded as the two exited the building and were now out in the open. Serena casually glanced over her shoulders and saw the distressed look in his eyes. She sighed as her steps hesitated before groaning as she turned around. She quickly walked towards the group and reached a hand through them to take a hold of Heeseung's hand.

"Hey, Heeseung, c'mon. Jay's waiting."

She said the first name that popped into her head as Kierra had been ranting about him earlier today. Heeseung cast her with a confused, but relieved look as he allowed her to lead him away. Once in the clear did she let go of his hand when they rounded another department building a moment later.

"Sorry." She apologized while casting the male with a half-smile.

"It looked like you needed help."

"Ah, no, it's fine. THank you."

"You're welcome. Later."

"Hey, wait a minute." Heeseung called out, but Serena shook her head while shooting him an amused look as she took a few steps back.

"Nope."

Heeseung didn't follow after her, but watched her retreating figure with a slight tilt of his head and an amused smile.

"Was she like this back in high school?"

His eyes caught sight of a familiar pink bear plush keychain that made him wonder, but he shook the thought away.

"So, apparently, Sunghoon isn't interested, Linna."

Serena announced once she met up with her sister and cousins at the school's university library.

"He actually said that?" Kierra asked with widened eyes.

"No. Heeseung did. He caught me in the act."

"Wait, does that mean he'll tell him about you?"

"Maybe."

Serena shrugged nonchalantly before glancing at Melanie.

"Maybe my situation will turn out like Melanie and Jake."

"Stop." Melanie rolled her eyes with a laugh.

"We're not even like that."

"True, but at least the rumor has died down save a few whispers here and there."

"I know, but it's still floating about. Anyways, back to Linna."

All focus went onto Linna.

"What?"

"It'll be better to get it done and over with if you like him, Linna." Kierra reasoned.

"I dunno. He has a lot of admirers though."

"Doesn't mean anything if he doesn't like them." Melanie pointed out.

"I guess, but I'll do it on my own time and term."

"Fine by me as long as I don't have to deliver any more love letters."

Just then, the four's phone dinged a few times, notifying them that they had received several notifications. It was from Jangmi and Haeyoon.

"They're pretty persistent." Melanie commented after reading the messages with a slight chuckle.

Kierra nodded with a nonchalant smile.

"Yeah, pretty much."

Linna cast them with an amusing look.

"How about we just go for it? They seem pretty genuine."

Serena agreed with an assured smile.

"I'm in. Besides, they seem like good people to be friends with."

Luckily for Serena, Heeseung didn't mention anything to Sunghoon. So, she didn't have a moment like her sister with Jake.

Less than two weeks later the cousins found themselves at Haeyoon's home again, but for a sleepover on the last Friday of the month this time around. The quartet skipped out on open mic night tonight for some female bonding.

"By the way, where are your parents and brother?" Kierra asked a moment later.

Haeyoon were giving them a proper tour of her house unlike last time and were currently walking up the stairs.

"Ah, my parents went to Suwon for the weekend to visit one of our relatives that's unwell. They haven't been feeling all that great lately and so my parents went to help run their rice cake shop." She replied with a slight sad tone before replacing it to a netural one.

"Anyways, Sunoo's spending the night at Jungwon's house as they're having a sleepover of their own with their other friends."

"Oh, that's cool."

"Mmhmm. Anyways, this is my room!"

The group of six walked inside Haeyoon's bedroom filled with lots of things from furniture to decor and sentimental items.

"Who's that?" Linna asked upon seeing a photo displayed on Haeyoon's night table.

"Oh, that's Moon Fighters." Haeyoon replied with a smile.

"Mine and Jangmi's boyfriends are a part of a band."

"Gunil is Jangmi's boyfriend while Jungsu is mine."

Haeyoon pointed out the drummer and keyboardist, respectively. Linna happened to see another photo and asked about it.

"That was during a trip to Seogwipo last summer with the boys and our other friends whom y'all met at Naoi Rei's party in an unfortunate event."

The other three caught on to what Linna had pointed out and observed the two pictures closely. They silently communicated wondering if they should say something or not. They didn't want to ruin the mood, but they also couldn't keep something like this quiet either. Especially when one of them involved was the one that started a rumor about Melanie, too. Jangmi happened to catch the looks on their faces and pointed it out.

"Is something the matter?"

The cousins looked at one another one more time before Serena exhaled deeply before speaking.

"We think your boyfriends may be cheating on you with two of your friends."

Serena pointed at each pair while explaining.

"We saw Jangmi's boyfriend with this girl and Haeyoon's boyfriend with this girl at 20 CUBE and Simplistic."

Kierra jumped in as to not make it appear that they were accusing their significant others about their infidelity.

"We're just saying that we think because they just looked familiar that night at your birthday celebration, Haeyoon."

The other two interjected themselves into the conversation, too.

"The four of them also came in last Saturday just before closing."

"Yeah, they ordered a lot, but hardly ate. A pain too be honest."

The four looked at the pair with an apologetic expression.

"We're really sorry."

Melanie exhaled before voicing something as well.

"Also, the one with Jangmi's boyfriend, was someone that wanted me to give a letter to someone, but it didn't turn out as she had liked. It just seems kind of weird for her to do that, but we all thought you should know if no one has said anything yet."

"We do understand if you wanna end this sleepover now though." Serena commented.

Just as the four were about to excuse themselves to leave, Haeyoon stopped them.

"No, don't leave. Please, stay."

She cast them with a thankful look before glancing over at Jangmi and offering a hand to which Jangmi accepted.

"Honestly, Jangmi and I have been having troubling thoughts about that, too, but always wanted to see the positive side of it."

Jangmi nodded with the same look as Haeyoon while patting their entwined hands.

"We always had this inkling feeling that there was something going on, but no one would say or think otherwise."

"So, thank you. Yiyeon, Chaejin, Chaewon, and Yiseul. Thank you very much."

The pair thanked them with slight tears as the quartet still felt bad that this had turned out like this.

"You're welcome."

"Now," Haeyoon changed topics despite her voice choking up a bit.

"They're not important right now. We're gonna enjoy an actual night of fun with games, movies, and food!"

"This is the best western breakfast for dinner." Jangmi complimented with a laugh with Haeyoon agreeing.

"Most definitely, and I'm proud of the french toasts I've made, too!"

The group made waffles, pancakes, french toasts, sausages, eggs, bacon, and fruit yogurt for dinner. The group of six changed into comfortable wear before starting anything. After that they finished up any leftover homework and assignments so they wouldn't have to worry about it later. Next they played some board and card games before moving onto other types of games. A movie or two followed that and soon enough they realized they hadn't had dinner yet. They went with a western breakfast due to the many ingredients in the refrigerator.

"Are you sure we're gonna finish all of this though?" Serena asked upon seeing how much they had actually made.

"I will eat all the bacon for sure." Kierra commented with a laugh.

"That's easy to consume."

"As long as there's waffles and sausages left over for tomorrow, I'm good." Melanie mentioned with a chuckle.

"I'm sure we'll be fine. There's like six of us." Linna reasoned.

"If not, then our brothers and his friends can eat the rest of it when they return tomorrow."

"Yeah, they'll definitely finish this up for sure."

Both Jangmi and Haeyoon responded with a laugh.

"Okay, cool. As long as it's not wasted."

Serena nodded.

"So, what do you guys wanna do after this?" Melanie asked a moment later as everyone was too busy eating their meal.

"Oh! Karaoke!" Haeyoon piped up.

"I got this whole system last Christmas and haven't used it yet."

"Oh, I forgot you did."

Jangmi looked at her friend upon remembering before looking at the other four, eagerly.

"It'll be loads of fun."

Linna had returned to the kitchen to eat some more after singing a song with Jangmi. She needed a break as they've been singing for about an hour now after it took them at least an hour to set up the machine. So when Linna actually entered the kitchen, she was startled see a male loading his plate of basically all the meat items. It took Linna a few seconds to realized it was Sunghoon. She instantly froze, hoping he wouldn't noticed her, but something overcame her to be playful. Amused, she continued to nonchalantly watch him eat the leftovers and piling more onto his own plate. Linna decided to as he hadn't taken notice of her yet, but also because she grew bored waiting.

"So, is that all for you or for your friends, too?"

Linna's voice startled the male as he almost dropped his plate, but had turned around to face her with a sheepish look.

"Oh, hi. Just for me."

He shot her a curious look.

"Chae Yiseul from the Department of Business Administration, right?"

"Mmhmm."

"And you're Park Sunghoon from the Department of Physical Education."

"That's right."

He flashed her a smile.

"I believe we have a Monday and Wednesday class together, right?"

"Mmhmm."

"You remind me of someone."

"Who?"

"I'm no

Please log in to read the full chapter