014 - So, You're Haechan...

Of Soft Sunlight and Cool Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "Oh! Jihyo-ya, hi!" Jihyo looked up from her phone to see a standing Kyulkyung waving at her excitedly. "We meet again." She talked so loud that some students inside the bus turned to look at her. Jihyo silently hoped she could build a wall around her so she wouldn't have to deal with the attention.

 "Ah, sunbaenim" Jihyo bowed with a small smile.

 "Ayy just call me Kyung-Unnie!" Kyulkyung nodded cutely before suddenly the boy who was sitting on the seat in front of her stood up.

 "Please sit here, miss." The boy who seemed to be a student around Jihyo's age offered the now empty seat to Kyulkyung with a sweet smile that reached his eyes. 

 "Oh?" Kyulkyung eyed the boy briefly before she brushed her hair back and smiled charmingly. "Thankyou." She then moved to sit on the seat in front of Jihyo while the previous boy swooned over her. Jihyo who was watching the whole scene could only sit still in amusement. Ahh.. the power of pretty girls...

 "Sorry bout that." Kyulkyung's head showed at the side of her seat to look back at Jihyo. "That happens a lot. Anyways! Are you free after school today? We should hang out, y'know. Since it's Friday and all."

 "Hang out?" Jihyo rarely ever went out with her friends. She'd rather stay home and laze around than to go out to do something that involved socializing. Kyulkyung's nod was so cute that Jihyo almost considered the offer. "Sorry but I have club activity after school."

 The disappointment in Kyulkyung's face was visible when she heard that. "Ahh.. that Cinematography club?" Jihyo nodded in confirmation. "Thennn what about this weekend?"

 Jihyo hummed as she pretended to think over her weekend plans. She actually didn't have any plans for the weekend but she still didn't want to hang out either. She thought that maybe she could use her assignment as an excuse. "I think I have-" Before she could even finish her sentence, the phone in Jihyo's hold suddenly buzzed and Jihyo frowned at the ID of the message sender. And even more at the message inside it.

Haechan : Wanna work on your photography together tomorrow? uwu

 Jihyo had to read the message a few times more than necessary to make sure she didn't misunderstand anything. This boy really knew how to make excuses.

JihyoJung : We haven't done anything since winter break so I don't know what's there to work on?

 "What's it?" Kyulkyung spoke up again after waiting for Jihyo to reply the message. She wiggled her eyebrows teasingly at Jihyo.

 "Ahh it's nothing. I was saying that I think I have some task to work on this weekend. School task and Club task." Jihyo smiled apologetically. She wouldn't admit it but she just mentally agreed on meeting Haechan this weekend.

 "Is that so?" Kyulkyung pouted in disappointment. "Then maybe next time, okay?"

 Jihyo forced out a smile. "Maybe next time."

 

 

Haechan : Our insta feed's been kinda boring lately. I wonder if you can contribute and make the feed fresh again with your photography~

 

 King of making excuses, indeed.

 

 

 

 

 It was a chill after class Friday club gathering where the club members were just starting to fill the meeting room, wasted from the classes. The gathering had been moved to Friday due to the school's new policy. Jihyo was glad it was moved right before weekend because she usually got so tired after the gathering. It used up too much energy for Jihyo to put up with the social activity.

 Suddenly, a loud bang from the door caught everyone's attention. There stood Lua with a panicked expression on her face.

 "Yah! The door is new, you should be more careful!" Jaemin shouted from his seat, lazily glaring up from his phone.

 "Oops, sorry 'bout that." Lua grinned apologetically before turning back to her panicked mode. "Yah, have you all heard about this?? Someone challenged our basketball team to battle against their team!"

 At the news, Jaemin straightened up in his seat immediately. "What?" Shock was visible on his face.

 "I said, someone asked for a match with our basketball team." Lua repeated with a small huff for having to say it twice, before she shrieked loudly for being pushed aside by Jaemin who rushed out of the room.

 "Well... that was sudden." Renjun commented lowly, just enough for Jihyo to hear. Jihyo was kind of confused, though. She didn't know what was so big about a basketball match. The whole club was noisy with whispered conversations after the news was spilled.

 "Is it a tournament or something-?" Jihyo asked carefully to Renjun. The later hummed for a moment, thinking for the right answer.

 Renjun leaned closer to the girl and talked in a lower volume so no one could hear him but Jihyo. "Hmmm.. kinda? Well, not really. It's mostly just fighting for their man pride." 

 Jihyo blinked. Once. Twice. 

 "Oh."

 "Yeah, I'll still come and watch the match anyway. You coming?" Renjun got a shrug as a reply.

 "Okay guys so aside from the sudden basketball match, we have a plan for our club!" Haechan suddenly said loudly, catching everyone's attention who were originally talking about the match. The leader smiled when he got everyone's attention. "Thankyou." He grinned and picked up a paper from his table. "This is the list of people who would be filling our SNS' feeds for every week. Anyone whose name is written here should post any content in our SNS at least 1 post for that week."

 Everyone seemed to be interested in this new plan. They listened to Haechan carefully as he explained how it would work and the schedule for their weekly task was pinned on the announcement glass board in front of the room where everyone could see. Haechan patted the paper on the board in satisfaction once it was pinned. He smiled and turned back to his friends.

 "So our first week starts next week and the first lucky person to be in duty is.." He paused and pretended to squint at the schedule pinned on the board for a show. He was the one who made the schedule, anyway, so there was no was he could forget the first person he wrote on the schedule. "Wow! Congratulations to our maknae." He clasped his hands together and faked a surprised happy face that was borderline annoying.

 All eyes turned to Jihyo and Jihyo felt small suddenly with the whole room's attention on her. She hesitantly pointed at herself while looking at the leader in question.

 "Yes, you. Jung Jihyo-ssi."

 

 

 

 

 "I told you we would need to discuss about this somehow." Haechan spoke suddenly next to Jihyo who was cleaning up her stuffs after the club meeting ended. The girl, startled by the sudden voice, turned around and backed away from Haechan a little.

 "About what?" Her voice came out smaller than usual. She didn't know exactly why. Maybe it was because she just got startled by his sudden appearance? Or maybe she was just nervous around the older boy somehow. Just maybe.

 "The insta post-" Jihyo ducked her head low and continued to clean up her stuff slowly, suddenly feeling shy because she remembered what she just posted last night. And Haechan seemed to notice this so he cleared his throat and looked around. "The insta post for our club project." He changed his answer instead. He didn't want to pressure the girl to talk about their status just yet. Especially not when they were in public. He just knew how uncomfortable Jihyo could get when she was in the middle of many people.

 Jihyo sighed in relief and picked up her backpack before turning to leave. But for some reason she halted her steps and looked at Haechan again. She didn't know what she expected but Haechan stared right back at her. It was like she had just got called by Haechan's mind to stay. She blinked and they stared at each other for a few seconds before Haechan suddenly broke into a small chuckle, breaking the eye contact.

 "Choose a place that's not too far from your house tomorrow. And just tell me the time." Haechan waved his phone signaling for Jihyo to message him the place and time later on. Jihyo didn't trust her voice so she just nodded silently and bowed as a goodbye before turning around and walking out of the almost empty room.

 Haechan watched Jihyo's small back with a smile as she walked away. "Yo." A hand slapped Haechan's shoulder not so lightly and he hissed. "You finally got her out for a date?" Haechan elbowed Jaemin's stomach playfully at the question. "Owwww!! Owww okaayy! fine, you ungrateful kid." It was Jaemin's turn to hiss as he rubbed his stomach.

 "What happened, though? With the sudden basketball match and all." Haechan changed the topic and moved to collect his stuff so he could go home too. Jaemin followed closely beside him as he told the story that he just witnessed.

 "Well, it's Jeno." Haechan paused and gave Jaemin a questioning frown at ths statement. "This one guy challenged Jeno because he thought his girlfriend is cheating on him with Jen-"

 "Jeno has 101 girls following him around everyday and he just had to steal someone's girlfriend?" Haechan, the boy who couldn't relate to having 101 girls following him around everyday, snorted playfully.

 "Yeah, you know he wouldn't do that though."

 "I know. But his stupid still didn't turn down the ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter