We Are Meant To Be

I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Never in million years that I ever thought I would be in the same space with him.

 

Both of us are at the dining table because I definitely do not want him to meet any of our parents. Time seems to tick by itself as we are staring at anywhere but each other as my brain is still trying to process everything that is happening right now.

 

I was thinking too much ahead, this will not ever be a surprise for me. I guess it is a belated birthday party for Jisoo, instead? Did my surprise for her is not enough?

 

But still, show him that you are the one who is in control here, Jennie Kim.

 

“Is there anything that you want to drink, Hae In-ssi?”

 

“Hmm…Just water, Jennie-ssi. Thank you.”

 

The way he bows at me politely when I place the glass of water in front of him makes me bite my bottom lip even harder. This gentleman, I really want to dislike him but how can I when he seems so genuine and nice?

 

“Jennie-ssi, may I know where is Jisoo? I want to give her this.” He grabs the bouquet of red roses in his hands as he looks at me, waiting for my answer.

 

I freeze immediately as I try to hold both of my hands that cannot stop shaking uncontrollably. Can you imagine my feelings right now, I cannot even do anything when a guy tells me directly that he wants to give roses to my girlfriend. It is not that I can just tell him to stay away from her because in his eyes, I am just Jisoo’s friend. And in the world's eyes, we are just a couple of besties.

 

“Jennie-ssi, are you alright? You look kinda pale.”

 

His voice snaps me out of my trance as I try to lower my head so he would not see that I am trying hard to hold my tears from streaming down my face. Slowly, I walk back to bring more distance between me and him because I feel so suffocated. “I’m sorry, I need to go. You can find her in the living room, Hae In-ssi.”

 

I run and run in this huge apartment as I finally reach the furthest room from the living room, which is the guest bathroom. Opening the faucet, I look at the water that is flowing down the sink as I let my tears fall.

 

Was this how you feel like when you saw those photos of me with Kai back then?

 

When you could just look at the news without doing anything because I was not yours anymore? But this time, I am yours, Jisoo. I am fully yours but I still cannot do anything to prevent him from meeting you, giving you those flowers.

 

Pressing both of my palms hard against the stoned sink, I stare at nothing in the mirror. Then, I look closer to see my chocolate brown eyes that are still b with tears. But there is a light in it, the light that reminds me of Jisoo. Of how her love can always be the spark for the light to lit inside me.

 

Closing my eyes for a moment only to gradually open them again, I can see the fire that is surging within me, the newfound power that is waving at me proudly.

 

What should I be afraid of anyway? Whether it is him or anybody, I will not hesitate to show them who I love.

 

Washing my face with the cold water, I walk in firm steps toward the bathroom door with full confidence.

 

No one can take her away from me.

 

===

 

The moment she opens the door, I am already preparing myself to embrace her with all my might to comfort her. But, I slowly put down my arms when I see the fire shining through her eyes.

 

“Jen-Jendeuk?”

 

“Where is he?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“I said, where is he?”

 

I am too flabbergasted to say anything so I find myself freezing on the spot, only looking at her without saying anything. That clearly annoyed her more because she starts to walk away from me. Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, I try to gain the willpower to chase after her only to hear a soft voice from a couple of feet away.

 

“Jisoo-yah, they told me that you’re here---oh...”

 

Great. Just great.

 

Bona is here too.

 

===

 

“I-I think I should just go back to find Lisa for now.” Bona waves awkwardly at us before she makes a U-turn to leave as fast as she can. I know that I should not have given her a death glare as she did not do anything wrong but how could I cover up my angry face when I am this close to getting exploded.

 

“Babe?” I can feel her walk closer to me so that she can hold my hand but I am way faster to move further away from her. I still have my back toward her, as I do not want to see her at all.

 

“Jen, I’m so sorry. I…I went too far-“

 

“First, him. And now, her. The two people that I feel the most insecure about and you know that. But you still invited both of them, at the same time and in the same place with our parents. I’m…I’m so disappointed, Jisoo. I feel like I don’t know you anymore. And please, stop following me. I don't want to see you right now.”

 

I know with every step that I take, there’s the sound of someone’s heart breaking into pieces. I did not mean to hurt her like that but I just cannot hide how I cannot stand being near her at this moment. I am mad, sad, and also hurt too, Jisoo.

 

As I am about to turn the corner, a sweet whim of red roses immediately comes to my senses as I frown at the owner of the flowers who is standing in front of me. His smile is still not fading from his face even when I push the roses toward him.

 

“Why are you giving this to me, Hae In-ssi?” His doe eyes seem to not backing down anytime soon as if he is unaffected at all by my glaring eyes.

 

“It’s actually Jisoo who needs to give this to you, that’s why I asked you where she is because my job here is to deliver these beautiful roses safely to their owner.”

 

He turns his head slightly toward Jisoo’s direction as he continues, “But I don’t think the owner is in the right condition to take this right now, so I am volunteering to give it directly to the real owner of these roses. Please, take it.”

 

Time keeps on ticking, but as he sees that I seem to not want to move an inch, he eventually takes a deep breath and puts the flowers aside. I thought that he would finally give up and walk away too like what Bona just did, but he did not.

 

Instead,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter