Just This Once

Random Musings

A/N: Okay so bear with me, this is my first time lmao this one-shot was based on this tweet: https://twitter.com/tinytushy/status/1163130716642693123

It's a bit short than expected? I don't know do let me know your guys thoughts with this :<


 

It was already 10 minutes till 11PM when she finished her schedule. She's done for the day, she went down of the building and got in to one of the company's owned car.

She grunted and heaved a deep sigh.

"Tired?" Her manager looked up to the rear view mirror to get eye contact from her.

"Exhausted." Was all she could muster up.

"Don't worry we'll be home before 12." Her manager said whilst starting the engine.

She fished out her phone and opened up Kakaotalk. She opened their group chat, it was one way to communicate and keep up to date with her members' activities especially when they have different schedules.

She read the last messages sent.

9:47 PM Syoungiee: I'm at the dorm; I'm going to sleep now. Good Night, take care when you guys get home.

10:20 PM Soolgee: Still wrapping things up, Yeri and I will be coming home together. *rolling eyes emoji*


10:21 PM Yerm: Yah! What's with the emoji?!

10:21 PM Wannie: Basically, she's saying your presence is annoying... lol

10:22 PM Soolgee: HAHAHA Wannie you've read my mind

10:23 PM Wannie: We basically share brain cells ;)


10:23 PM Yerm: I'll annoy you till death, Seulgi-unnie :P

10:23 PM Wannie: lmao good luck, Seul.

10:26 PM Wannie: btw, i'll be home super super late, I'm done with my sched but I'll be heading to the practice room and do an Instagram Live for Luvies :D


10:30 PM Soolgee: Okay Wannie, you take care. I'll watch it with Yerim if we're not too tired. Lol

10:32 PM Yerm: Yah!! When did I agree to that?

10:32PM Soolgee: Just now.

10:33PM Yerm: K, fine. Just because I also love hearing Wendy-unnie sing.

10:35PM Wannie: wow, thanks guys. Appreciate the support :-)



She smiled while reading through the group chat, she closed the messaging app and checked the time again — 11:22PM. She locked her phone and suddenly lit up notifying her of a text message
 

“Hey :>, just in case you haven't read our chat. I'll be home late; I'll be doing an Insta Live later.” A message from Seungwan, she read with her eyes.

"Yeah, I just finished reading. You take care." She typed and hit send right after that she typed again, "How can I watch the Instagram Live?" Not a minute after, her phone dinged telling her a new message was received.

“You just have to log in to Insta and go to our group's account it will lead you to the live broadcast.” I don’t get any of this, she thought. “We’re here.” Her manager said, gaining her attention – she looked up and gave her manager a small nod and smiled, “Thank you for today.”  She then opened the car door and stepped out.

11:38PM, the clock in their dorm says. She has spent a good few minutes sitting on her bed and trying to figure out a way to view Seungwan’s said Instagram Live, her phone beeped and she read the message, “I’ll be starting the live now, you’re gonna watch, right? ;)” She smiled when she read the message, she then typed her reply “Yes, I will J  I created a private account, you’ll know it’s me :P” and hit send. Now, she has scrambled her hands searching for their group’s instagram account, she has created a private account just for this.

After all, she loved hearing Seungwan sing. She had missed the first two live due to being tired from a very busy schedule, but now she had the chance of hearing her in one of her Insta lives. They had been together since God knows when, and every single day she didn’t get tired of hearing her sing, even though they’re practically living together, even when they’re performing together, even when her Seungwan sings random words in their dorm, heck she even stayed up until 6AM together with Seungwan to practice her singing – she’ll never get tired of hearing her sing. She loved every bit of it.

She went to their group’s Instagram Account and there she could see a red outline with a word “Live” on the profile picture, she tapped on it and there she saw her. Bobbing her head to the background music, asked everyone how their day went, she shared how her day went. Joohyun then heard her telling the public how she, Irene, asked Wendy how to watch insta live. She felt herself blush at the statement.

She wrote down a comment, “Seungwan-ah I’m watching you.” and clicked the arrow icon to send. Joohyun was reading the comments and she saw how all of the fans proposed their admiration and love to Wendy. She wrote another comment, “Seungwan-ah, sing a song for me, only for me” she knew all too well that she shouldn’t mind fans proposing their love to their idols but she couldn’t help, just this once.

She was not sure whether Seungwan has read her comment or not as the flow of comments moved too fast but seeing Seungwan onscreen made her feel like her stomach was tied in knots, then suddenly a familiar intro filled her ears, Seungwan has started singing, This was what Seungwan was singing me to sleep the other day, she thought. Hearing the words of the song made her feel assured, it’s as if her thoughts of competing with the fans’ love for Wendy never crossed her mind.

She loved every note that Seungwan hit, she did it so effortlessly. She loved her voice, the versatility of it, how it fits to every genre of songs. For Joohyun, Seungwan was indeed one of the best singers of their generation. Thoughts of Seungwan flooded her consciousness, then were pulled off of her reverie when the Instagram live stopped, she wondered why, she didn’t touch any part of the screen of her phone.

Not a moment after, the red outline of their group’s display photo was back; she tapped on it again and saw Seungwan’s flustered face, Joohyun then now heard her explaining what happened – her smart phone turned off as it was too hot. So, that’s why, she thought. After that Joohyun heard her saying that she’ll be putting the Instagram live on hold for a moment to give the fans time to check out their Comeback Photo Teaser to be released at 12AM, and she’ll be back 10 minutes after the release. She then saw her Seungwan making faces and clicking her tongue. Greasy.

Seungwan was always like this, she’s always so thoughtful – keeping in mind the needs of others and forgetting about her own. She loved that part about her, she’s always so kind and warm. Seungwan is so precious to her that she’d protect her even if it costs her life. Not because she loves her but because Seungwan deserves all the good things in the world for being the person she is right now.

The Instragam Live stopped for now just as what Seungwan had said, 11:57PM – 13 minutes till she gets back to the Live, she thought. She closed the app for now and went to her contacts – she searched for a certain number and tapped on it to dial. It took only one ring for the other line to answer.

“Seungwan-ah, you really did well.” She immediately said, her voice showed a bit of excitement and smiled to herself. She couldn’t see it but she knew that Seungwan was also smiling.

Hyun-ah, you were watching my live? If you really did, guess what song was I singing then?” She could feel Seungwan’s confidence from the other line, she smiled and let out a puff.

“Are you questioning me Son Seungwan? It was the song you sang to me the other day, you know when I asked you to sing me to sleep.”

She then heard the other line faked a sob and then a laugh, she was now grinning imagining her faking a sob and making funny faces, “You really are watching the live, I’m so glad you managed watch it, thank you Hyun-ah, I really appreciate it. You know for what it’s worth I dedicated that song to you.”

“Mhmm, you know I left a comment or two when you did the live not sure if you saw it cause a lot of fans were really pouring out their love for you so the comments moved really fast. And I really appreciate the song Seungwan-ah, you don’t know how much it meant to me, thank you.”

“Anything for you, my love.”

“Yah! that is so greasy Wannie.” She was complaining alright but she couldn’t deny the fact that she’s blushing and grinning like an idiot, she had to rub her cheeks to keep the blush away.

“Was that too much, babe?” She could hear Seungwan snicker and then a giggle. She was really enjoying this.

“Yaaaaah, you sound happy.”

“I am, cause I know you’re here. And cause for the first time you’re watching one of my Insta lives. You’ll watch till the end right?”

Hearing Seungwan’s words turned her whole being upside down, her stomach in knots, butterflies were now fluttering all over, and warmth covered her. It felt good, and again she’s smiling like a fool. “Glad to know that you’re happy, I am too.  Yes, I’ll stay till the end.” She smiled, hoping that Seungwan will get what she meant by those words.

“Okay, that’s good to know. Tell me your username so I’ll know that it’s you.”

“What? where’s the fun in telling you, you have to guess. I will only leave one comment.” She could then hear a groan on the other side of the line. She smiled again, “Fine. Guess I’ll have to watch out for the comments later.” she loved how she always have a way to Seungwan, but she never dared to abuse her goodness, that’s just too wrong. All she wanted was to give Seungwan the good she deserves in the world.

She looked at the time it was already 12:08 AM, they have talked longer than expected she has to let Seungwan go now as much as she doesn’t want to.

“Seungwan-ah, I have to let you go now, look at the time.” She then heard Seungwan fake a sob again, such a kid.

“’You’re letting go of me now? After all we’ve been through?” She could hear Seungwan fake a sniff.

“Yah, you promised the fans 10 minutes after 12 AM, you’re late.”

“I know, I know. I was kidding. I’ll have to go now, Hyun-ah. I’ll look out for your comment, see you later, then?”

“Yeah, I’ll wait for you. I love you. I will drop the call.”

“Okay. Bye, I love you too.” Then she tapped on the red button to end the call. 12:15 AM the call took longer that she expected, she rolled on to the bed with a pillow in her arms and phone still in her hand. She hugged the pillow tightly and burrowed her face onto the pillow, she couldn’t help but smile, she let out a muffled squeal. Seungwan really has that effect on her, no matter what the other girl does, she always finds a way to make her smile and laugh. She is happy.

She composed herself and then opened the Instagram application again and watched Wendy’s live. She moved so that she would now be leaning against her headboard. Seeing her so happy while singing made her happy, this was her passion, she watched her belting out those high notes effortlessly, she knew Seungwan has talent but hearing it live or in person was a different story.

Seungwan was now singing one song after another, reading comments on the process and asking fans for their opinions. She didn’t know that these Instagram Lives would take long, it has been more than an hour and Seungwan was really there expressing her thoughts and feelings to their fans, she couldn’t be more proud, her girl has gained confidence over the time.

Seungwan has stopped singing and was now reading the comments now, it must be ending now she thought. She could hear Seungwan say something about resting well and did a salute gesture, what a dork. The moment Seungwan said that she’ll end the live, comments were now flooding in fans are now telling Wendy to go home and get some rest, the competitiveness in her was swelling – so she typed a comment, “Come home safely, I love you.” She could see Seungwan’s face closer to the screen, she was reading the comments, and she could see her smile. And with another wave of ‘good byes’ Seungwan has now ended the insta live. Not a minute after the session ended, she received a text message.

“Yes, I’ll come home safely, wait for me ‘kay? I love you too.” With a satisfied smile she laid completely on her back and closed her eyes and squirmed.

She typed her reply, “Can’t wait. See you soonest, love.”