Chapter 15

The New Pack

Wooseok stood outside in the backyard, looking around the property as he hooked his thumbs in his back pockets. "He ran off to change last night huh?" Asked Yohan as he walked over and stood beside Wooseok. "Just like Dongpyo did," Wooseok said, nodding.

"What did he end up choosing? I couldn't tell what it was," said Yohan. "A fox," said Wooseok as he shook his head in amusement. "A fox?!" Said Yohan. "I recognize that smell anywhere," said Wooseok. "There's no mistaking it," he said. "I've been around my brother too much, and Gyujin has the exact same scent," he said.

"It's a fox alright," said Hangyul as he stepped outside with coffees for them, calling into the house for someone to come close the door before walking over and handing Yohan and Wooseok their coffees. They heard someone close the back door as Wooseok and Yohan took a sip of their respective coffee.

"Ugh, I don't understand how you can drink this," said Yohan as he spat out his coffee. "You get used to the taste," said Wooseok as he shrugged. "There's tea, next time tell me what you want before I make you a cup of coffee," said Hangyul. "I don't want to bother you for that," grumbled Yohan as he sighed. "The kids already ask me to make hot chocolate instead of coffee for them," said Hangyul. "So making tea wouldn't be a problem," he said.

"How long before he comes back do you think?" Asked Yohan. "I don't know," said Wooseok. "You didn't take very long, just a couple hours," said Hangyul. "Dongpyo took a few days, same with Junho," he said. "It depends on when he wants to come back I guess," he said. "Why?" He asked. "Just curious," said Yohan. "I'm having one of those weird feelings again, like something is going to happen soon," he said.

"Well," said Wooseok. "You've been right about this before," he said. "If you really think something is going to happen soon, say the word, someone will go get him," he said. "I need to wait before I act on this feeling I have," said Yohan. "It may just be nothing, who knows," he said.

"Hey," said Hangyul. "Maybe you'll activate your alpha's voice soon, who knows," he said. "That's right," said Wooseok. "You never had any real reason to use it," he said. "Why I was chosen as alpha I will never understand," Yohan said, sighing.

"I would've gladly taken over if it got too much for you to be honest," said Wooseok. "But I saw no reason to," he said. "You're doing a good job so far," he said. "And leave you to deal with the kids? I think you'd kill them," Hangyul said with a shake of his head.

"If I could handle my old pack for as long as I did, I can handle another pack just fine," said Wooseok. "Besides, you know not to mess with me," he said. "That's true," said Hangyul. "But the kids haven't seen you pissed off yet," he said. "That's also true," said Wooseok.

"How did you awaken your alpha's voice?" Asked Yohan. "It came naturally to me," said Wooseok as he shrugged, taking another sip of coffee. "But when I awakened it, it was during an argument between my two betas at the time," he said. "I was still struggling with English, and I finally got pissed enough to just yell at them in a mix of German and English to get them to shut up," he said.

"I never awakened mine," said Hangyul. "I'm beginning to think I'll never be a main alpha due to circumstances," he said. "No one would trust me to become one after my reputation got out," he said. "Seungyoun trusted you enough to invite you into the pack," said Yohan. "Only because I owed him," said Hangyul. "I would've never agreed to joining a pack, I've always been a lone wolf," he said.

"Was it the same for you?" Asked Yohan as he looked at Wooseok. Wooseok shrugged. "I got invited because of Seungwoo, who got invited as payment when Seungyoun found Dongmyeong," he said. "For me, I needed a break from the old pack," he said. "Seungwoo just went with it," he said. "It's always been like that huh?" Asked Yohan. "Pretty much," hummed Wooseok.

"How much longer are you going to be around?" Asked Yohan. "Not for too much longer," said Wooseok. "Probably after you awaken your alpha's voice is when I leave," he said. "As much as I'd love to stay around, I do have an information network to run," he said. "Everything concerning my network is going to Xiao at the moment, but he's getting swamped apparently," he said. "So I told him to forward a bunch of things to me via email, and I would sort it out," he said.

"Breakfast is ready," came Seungyoun's voice as he came outside. "We'll be in in a second," said Wooseok as he turned his head to look at Seungyoun. "Anything else?" Asked Yohan. "No, but I'm going to look for him after breakfast," said Seungyoun. "I was going to ask if someone would," said Yohan as he nodded. "Let's eat breakfast then," he said. Wooseok and Hangyul nod before following Yohan into the house with Seungyoun going ahead of them.

 

~



After breakfast Wooseok took a nap, having spent most of the night outside after having yet another nightmare and Yohan told everyone to leave him be, taking everyone else out to the pond for the day for a relaxing day of swimming and hanging out at the dock.

"He really has bad PTSD," remarked Dongpyo as he sat beside Yohan as they sat at the edge of the dock. "It's pretty bad," agreed Yohan. "Maybe he's homesick?" Asked Dongpyo. "I granted him a long vacation before, I think it's time for another one," said Yohan.

"He doesn't need a vacation," said Seungwoo as he walked over and leaned against the railing a few feet behind them. "He just needs to get over it, somehow," he said. "Sending him away isn't going to help very much," he said. "I know, getting over something as bad as losing your parents during a war is not going to be easy but," he said, sighing.

"Talking about it seems to help some," said Yohan. "Not very much," said Seungwoo. "I talk to him every night," he said. "But I may know of one solution that might work," he said. "If I could use my alpha's voice would that work?" Asked Yohan. "No," said Seungwoo. "He's older than you, you'd have to have a really powerful alpha's voice to get passed his own," he said.

"We're just waiting on Dohyun now huh?" Asked Seungyoun as he walked over. "Yep," said Yohan. "I doubt it'll happen this soon, but," he said, shrugging. "Who knows," said Seungyoun.

"Did you find Eunsang?" Asked Seungwoo. "I did, he was watching us a few minutes ago," said Seungyoun. "Dohyun is with him right now, he took a walk with Hangyul," he said. "No one wants to swim it seems," said Yohan. "A relaxing day for once eh?" Seungwoo asked with a chuckle. "Mm," hummed Yohan.