It's Sana

It's You

"Good morning. This is Mercedes Benz Kita Osaka branch, to whom do I have the pleasure of speaking with today?"

"I'd like to speak to Mr. Kang. This is Kim Dahyun."

"Oh, hi. Ms. Kim. Hold on. I'll pass the phone to him, by the way this is Park Jihyo, the branch manager."

"Please to meet you."

Seconds later ...

"Hi, Ms. Kim. How's life?"

"Fine but I'd like to have an update regarding the auto that I'm buying? It's been a week, Daniel."

"Yes, apologies Ms. Kim but the Maybach Exelero has just released to a few elites like you its not yet released to the public yet. The privilege of having it shown to you and your dad will take about 2 weeks more." 

"If that's the case, then, let it be."

Sitting in front of her 90-inch television with a coffee mug in hand, she's listening to her recent cover of Reminiscent by Yiruma. Since Dahyun was a child, she found her profound devotion of playing the piano. Seeing herself with a cinematic experience felt new and unreal. She's not used to comfortable living. She ring up her Dad's driver.

"Yoon, it's me."

"What's the matter?"

"I'll still be needing your car for two weeks."

"I can lend you some brand new and classy model, Dahyun."

"No need. Yours is better. Bye."

******************************************************

At Sana's


"Sana, you scumbag. You feel asleep at the dining table again holding your book."

"Mo, I'm too tired."

"I know, but girl it's just 30 minutes before your class."

"Oh !"

Sana hurriedly fixed her hair into a bun and put on her long forgotten glasses. This is the first time she will be wearing this. Lucky to those who will see her she thought to herself. Carefully, brushed her teeth despite of the time. Washed her face delicately applying moisturizer and sunscreen. That soon enough she learnt not having in stock.

"Mo, I'll have some of your sunscreen aight? I used up mine and haven't bought any." 

"Sana, you've been exhausting yourself from having different jobs and studying everyday. Tell me when will you treat yourself right? Have a break, girl."

"I wish I could have a sugar mommy."

"Not a time to joke around, Sana. Just rest from time to time, okay? Also,  Sattang buy your things you have money from working all-day long."

"Yes, Mo. Thanks! I'll be going."

"Take a cab, Sattang!"

"Yes but I hope I won't see that driver from yesterday again." 

******************************************************

Dahyun got off the sofa and frantically searched for some hoodie and pyjamas at her closet before setting foot at the bathroom.

"I wonder if I got to see that woman from yesterday."

Its nearing 7am, Sana, the same Sana she is yesterday, walked in urgency. Beating the traffic lights to catch a cab.

However, Dahyun is playing country songs on shuffle but mostly Taylor Swift's. 

She's jiving with the music until someone stood at the middle of the road asking to stop the car so she can ride. 

"What a psycho."

"Take me to Horikoshi." She said sternly.

 

 


The ride was silent and it took 10 minutes to arrive. The woman was about to give the money but Dahyun did not accept it. 

"That's fine. You paid for your ride until next week." 

"Wait, are you?"

Dahyun adjusted her baseball cap and looked at the questioning eyes of the woman beside her. 

"Yup, call me Dahyun."

"You are that jerk who made a broke student like me to pay for almost my entire month's budget. Tsk." Sana scoffed.

"I am Dahyun not a jerk I'm sorry for yesterday, Miss?"

"I'm late. Oh my gosh! Bye."

Sana get off the car and did not mind what Dahyun has asked. 

"Silly, she did'nt even close the door."

 

**************
Dahyun drove to many places in Osaka that day. Trying to faniliarize herself with the atmosphere and new surroundings she will be at for the rest of her college.

Meanwhile,

"Yes, Dad. Why did you call?"

"I need you to be ready by Friday night."

"For what?"

"We will be having a dinner."

"With?"

"Bye, Dahyun. I need to go now."

The call ended. 


After almost half a day of driving, watching the beautiful streets of Osaka bloom with its people Dahyun decided to stop by in a nearby coffee shop.

"I'll get a frappucino and a slice of chocolate cake please." 

Dahyun is searching for her black card to be given to the counter and realized that it was the same woman she met for two days straight now. 

"Oh, it's you again."

"Is that all?"

"Yeah." 

Dahyun whispered to herself "Surly."

The only good thing happened when she gave her black card to the woman is that she has discovered the name of the latter.

Dahyun smirked. 


"It's Sana."