First times

Interview

 

"And cut" 

 

Minho came down from the artificial stage, bowing to everyone. It was the shoot of the final scene for his movie. 

 

After having worked for the past 3 months in a foreign country, the thought of coming back home and sleeping in his own bed felt so rewarding. Minho was more energetic after the shoot than ever. So he went around and said his greetings to everyone who was on the set. 

 

Back in the car on the way to his hotel, as he was looking at the view through the window, he realized how beautiful everything was. Maybe because he allowed himself to enjoy those a little late or the fact that he can finally let himself free of any pressure. With every breath he let in, he felt lighter. He let his body lean onto  the vehicle as he let in the view for the final time. 

 

" Hey minho?" 

 

The smile that was forming on minho's face was obviously caught by his manager. Even he felt so happy to go back home to his family. 

 

" Yes hyung?" 

 

" Do you want to go out tonight? It's our last night here and we don't have anything to do" he suggested. 

 

" Yes hyung. Let's go out for a drink and maybe you can buy some souvenirs for your family. I can help you choose. " minho said, smiling. 

 

Minho was never a person to go out that much. And whenever his manager suggested to go out numerous times, he always made some excuses and just slept in his room. But this time not just that he is going with him but also suggested shopping. 

 

The 15 minute drive to the room was different this time. Something changed and the air felt a lot easier to breath in. While he inhaled the easiness, a strange face came into his mind. A face he was meant to forget and almost did, until now.In his most private moments, he let himself think of one of the few beautiful times he had in his life. As the breeze once again hit his face so tenderly, the memories of a cafe came into his mind. In that moment, he realized that in the few good moments he had, that Cafe was also one even though it didn't have a good ending. 

 

At around 8 pm, Minho went out with his manager to the nearest pub. They had a few beers because they have an early flight the next day. Both of them preferred to take it light for the night. As for the shopping, after walking for a few minutes, they found an old shop. It looked like it was there for decades. 

 

When they entered the shop, a small bell rang notifying its owner of the young customers. As they walked in, warmth filled them. Looking through the shelfs, Minho tried to select some gifts for his manager's wife and kids. But he got distracted by an hourglass. It was made of wood and there was a little sentence carved on it. 

 

" Hey minho. " manager called making minho turn around. 

 

" How is this? Do you think jieun will like it?" 

 

" I think noona will like it. Are you buying it?" 

 

" Aren't you buying anything? Buy something to remember this place." 

 

" I bought wine for kibum. "minho replied, scratching his neck. 

 

This wasn't a surprise to his manager. Minho was always like this.  So he didn't object minhos choice. 

 

" Then I'm going to pay for it. You sure you don't want anything? " he asked again. 

 

" mmm. Wait hyung.. " Minho hurried back to where he stood earlier and took out something and came back and placed it on the desk for billing. 

 

" Oh this one's special. This is the oldest thing I have in my shop. Hope you take good care of it. Will you?" the old man asked minho. 

 

Minho wasn't sure what the men spoke. But he understood when his manager explained it to him. They both paid for everything and went back to their room. 

 

Everything was already packed. Just some essentials needed for him were placed beside his bed. Minho laid there looking up at the white roof. The few months being here went too slowly for him. But he worked hard to give his best for the shoots. Nobody would know even if he had a bad day. Because he was always camera ready and knew how to hide his emotions well to the outer world. That worked for him well. Because the one time he gave out his whole heart, it hurted him alot. So he decided to be the best actor in his life too. Hide it well, so that you won't get hurt. 

 

He turned to one side holding onto his pillow, pulling up the thick blanket. It was getting colder as the night grew quiet and dark. But something took his attention away. He took the small hour glass he bought earlier from his night stand. It was indeed beautiful. He looked at it properly. He wasn't sure why he wanted to buy it. It's not like he has anyone he can gift it to  . But he still bought it. He looked at it and touched it. It was so delicate. He was touching it so carefully, enjoying the beauty of the sand that was falling down. He placed the hour glass in his bed and dozed off while looking at it. 

 

The next day came before he knew it. Manager had to knock on his room a lot of time for him to even get up. He had a good sleep and it was rare. After getting ready, they went to the airport. It wasn't crowded but there were still media. So he put on his mask and cap to hide his face as usual. 

Once again, he was back to being a celebrity and he put on all the other layers of him in order to protect himself. 

 

~~~~~

 

Unlike the past few months, taemin got more time for himself these days. Now that the college is ending and he was only left with final assignments, and no classes. Yet he was busy. When he wasn't, he found himself thinking about his future. 

 

" Taemin, when are you going to come with me for a drink? Come on man. It won't take that long. " Kai insisted. 

 

" Maybe this weekend? Definitely not today. I have some research to do." he replied. 

 

Five minutes after that, he reached his room. He laid on his bed. Closing his eyes for a minute but immediately got distracted by the notification of his phone. He took his phone from his pocket and saw the news flash before his eyes. 

 

It was the news of Choi minho coming back after spending some months in a foreign country for the shooting of a movie. Taemin scrolled through the article and paused when he saw the masked and tall figure. His fingers pinched on the screen to zoom in, to get a clear view of the actor. Even with the mask and the black sun glass, the aura of the actor stood out. Sighing, he quickly saved the picture and put his phone aside. 

 

Not a word was uttered. Not even a single one after that sigh. There was no explanation to why he followed this particular person in all the social media and news sites after the encounter they had  a few months back. Most importantly he wouldn't even know that the stranger was a celebrity until Gia told him later. 

 

" Do you even have any idea who that person was?" Gia asked. 

 

" No. Is he an important person I should know about?" 

 

" He is THE Choi minho. Everyone knows. How come you don't know?" gia complained. 

 

" You mean the person who was just in the news?" taemin asked to make sure as if he needed any assurance. 

 

" Yes. Duh "

 

Taemin wasn't even a percent interested in the actor. Not even curious. That's what he wanted to believe but his search history deceived him the next day. From that day to the present, taemin started checking about minho and his works. Most of the evening, when he has nothing to do, taemin found himself getting closer to minho's works. He liked to think of it as getting inspired and he truly wanted to believe that. 

 

When taemin was struggling to study and keep up with everything, Minho had numerous schedules and he managed to do each one of them with a smile. That made him feel so envious towards minho. He wanted to know how the actor can be so perfect? He also wanted to find some fault in the other so that he could feel better about himself. Somewhere, it all came down to proving himself that he is doing his best and somewhere else, a strange tingling feeling started growing, which he was oblivious to. But only the deepest part of taemin's heart knew the actual reason. 

 

A week passed by. To gain energy and to have some time off from his work, taemin decided to go to the Cafe. When he reached, the place was exactly the same but with much brighter decorations since it's nearing festive seasons. He took off his bag and place carefully on the table. 

 

" wow. Do you even remember this shop anymore? Why aren't you coming here for the last two weeks? I thought you forgot that me and this shop. " Gia placed an iced-Americano in front of him. 

 

" Of course I remember. I was really busy with my research. "taemin said smiling. But when he didn't get a smile back, he knew Gia was upset. 

 

" What? Are you gonna be angry at me now? "taemin asked jokingly to make the situation lighter. 

 

" No. It's not that. There are some strange things happening. I didn't want to tell you at first. But… "

 

" what is it? "taemin asked after taking a sip of the cold drink. 

 

" Remember minho? "

 

" Who? "taemin asked. 

 

" Don't act like you don't know. I know you have good memory. Choi minho, you idiot "Gia took the seat beside taemin to be closer to taemin. 

 

" Why are you whispering? "

 

" Well, if I don't, he will hear ". GIA said. 

 

" Wait. What? He is here? NO WAY. "taemin almost choked on his coffee. Gia immediately took some tissues and handed it over to taemin. 

 

" Actually don't get shocked. I'm not even there yet. You can get surprised after I tell you the whole thing. So save your reaction and listen to me without looking anywhere else. " she said cautiously. 

 

" Okay. I will try. " Taemin was panicking. 

 

" He has been coming to our Cafe almost every day. He just comes, orders something. He sits here. He doesn't talk. He just sits alone and he goes back." 

 

" So?" taemin was curious. 

 

" Isn't it weird ? He is rich. He can go anywhere. The main point is he comes alone. And one time, I made my mind and asked him directly if he is minho or not "

 

" What did he say? "

 

" He just smiled and told me to not tell anyone. " 

 

They both were so involved in their little conversation that they didn't even notice the peeking round eyes. 

 

" At least talk somewhere else when you are talking about me. Not when I'm not sitting a few centimeters away from your table "Minho said. 

 

Both taemin and Gia were unable to speak anymore as they caught red handed. 

 

" Sorry. We didn't mean to. " Gia said. 

 

Taemin was quiet. He just stared at the celebrity and never spoke. After apologizing and explaining to minho, gia went back to the  counter but was closely paying attention towards his friend. 

 

" Hey, do you have some time? "minho asked taemin all of a sudden. 

 

" No" taemin replied and suddenly rushed out of the Cafe. Little did he know that he was followed. 

 

" Hey slow down. " minho called out but taemin didn't. 

 

" Heyyy" minho started running. Since taemin wasn't fast enough, Minho caught up with taemin and blocked him from moving forward. 

 

" Let me go." taemin pleaded. 

 

" I have to talk to you."minho said. 

 

" please, move. I need to go. " It wasn't getting any better. 

 

" Taemin please. Just once. "minho finally moved closer to the younger in an attempt to hold him there but to his surprise, he wasn't successful as taemin wasn't as obedient as he remembered. 

 

" Pretend like this isn't happening. Pretend like you don't know me. You don't even have to pretend right? Oh I forgot that you are so good at it. Don't ever come in front of me ever again. This is my last warning minho. Just off. " 

 

Taemin wasn't holding his anger anymore. Minho was shocked at the sudden outrage. He actually expected some reaction but this was more than what he expected. But he didn't have any say in it as he clearly deserved to be on the spot taemin put him in. So he didn't do anything. He just stood there as he watched taemin's figure getting far away from his eye-sight. At some point, it started being blurry. Not because of anything but the tears that couldn't stop flowing like a lake. But his tears didn't have any destination. It was meant to be born and to later hide in the fake smile he always put on. 

 

In that moment, he wished if he could run after taemin that cold night and explained himself but he didn't and that weighed him down, like anything. Right now, he was sure that he won't repeat the same mistake. So he ran. With all his might to where taemin ran off too. To find his destination. 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the really late update. I got busy. And I also don't know why the story is going like this. It just happened this way while I was writing. Hope you like it. I think it's time to put the angst tag in the story because I think it will need that alot. Hope you all are safe. Thank you for reading. I know that it's not that good but I still hope you like it. I will try to improve too. Thank you.