The Surprise (23)

It’s Called Love x Meanie

<<❤>>

-Minwon's Mansion-

"Good morning, Mingyu," Wonwoo greeted as sunlight shone into their room through the windows. "Good morning," Mingyu replied as he pulled his wife closer to him and cuddled together. 

[The couple stayed like this for a couple of minutes before the smaller started to move about.]

"Mingyu, we should get up now, we have school later on," Wonwoo stated before Mingyu hugged her tighter. "Just a while more," Mingyu said as Wonwoo nuzzled into his chest. 

I could get used to this...

"You two have to get up-" Soomin realised that it was late and went up to get the two but didn't realise till she walked into the room. "Oops, I didn't see anything, you can carry on," Soomin walked out immediately but the two were already embarrassed. 

"Let's go to school now," Mingyu got up and went to the closet to get his clothes. "Yes, we really should," Wonwoo's cheeks were tinted pink. 

-Pledis University-

"So did anything happen last night?" Jeonghan asked curiously. "What do you mean- Unnie! Not like that!" Wonwoo started blushing after realising what she meant. 

"What's there to be shy about? You're married to Mingyu and he clearly likes you back already," Jihoon laughed as she stated. "It's just not the right time yet," Wonwoo answered. "It's a normal thing for married couples to do," Seungkwan added on. 

"Let's not talk about me anymore, and just have our lunch before our break ends," Wonwoo started eating as the rest did the same, she was getting shy. 

[They got into their small conversations with each other as Wonwoo felt a tap on her shoulder.]

"Won, I know that Junhui's birthday is coming," Minghao started. "You're planning something for him?" Wonwoo questioned. 

"Yes, but I know that he wouldn't come if I told him to so I just wanted to ask if you could do it on my behalf because I'm pretty sure he would oblige of it was you," Minghao smiled bitterly. "Of course I would be willing to help you! You're my best friend," Wonwoo hugged Minghao tightly. 

"Now tell me the details," Wonwoo listened attentively as Minghao started rambling away, she already had a good plan in mind.

-Shining Restaurant-

[Both of the groups were invited to the party without letting Junhui know, Minghao wanted to make it special for his birthday this year since she wasn't sure if she was ever going to be able to celebrate his birthday for him again.]

"Happy Birthday, bro!" The boys congratulated the birthday boy as he walked into the restaurant that was only occupied by them. 

"Wow, all of you are here?" Junhui was surprised, as he was only told that the girls were going to be there. "Thanks for planning this party for me," Junhui smiled as he settled down. 

[Everyone started eating and chatting, some even gave Junhui their gifts before the highlight of the party came. Minghao walked out of the room with a cake in her hands.]

"Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday, dear Junhui~ Happy birthday to you~" Minghao started the birthday song as the rest joined in after. "Make a wish and blow out the candles!" Minghao said with pure excitement. 

I wish that my feelings for Minghao will never die...

"Happy Birthday, Junhui! It's a gift I chose for you by myself, I hope you like it," Minghao handed over a card and a shirt that she spent time customizing for him. "I spent nearly a month trying to decide what to get you until I heard you mention about getting a shirt so I made one for you," Minghao presented as the rest of their friends teased them. 

"Woo, how sweet of you, Minghao!"

"Take it Junhui, your new shirt!"

"Just date already, you two!"

"Would you stop this?!" Junhui shouted, causing silence at the table and Minghao to flinch. "Stop it?" Minghao questioned.

"Would you stop doing all these things? You know I don't have any feelings for you, right? The only person I ever had feelings for was Wonwoo, I would never have feelings for anyone else, so you should stop. The only reason why I would ever get close to you was to forget Wonwoo." The harsh words stabbed Minghao's heart and tears filled her eyes when she heard everything, especially the last sentence. 

"Alright, I'll stop, I know what to do now. I'll see you guys at school, sorry I couldn't stay longer." Minghao collected her bag and left the restaurant with tears. 

"What the hell is your problem, Junhui?! Minghao spent a whole month trying to plan this birthday surprise for you and this is how you treat her?! Minghao put a lot of effort into this! She prepared everything just for you, she booked the restaurant, made sure all the food was to your liking, made the birthday cake, and even customised your gift, all for you special day! Yet this is what she gets in return?!" Wonwoo was fuming. 

"Let me remind you that it is our graduation is in a few days and this was probably the last thing she was ever going to do for you after you hurt her feelings. Minghao was prepared for this moment because she probably knew, she told me she was going to leave you alone if you ever rejected her, but she probably didn't expect it to be this harsh. You should have at least appreciated her efforts, I'm so disappointed in you, Junhui. I can't believe you used her." Wonwoo left after stating her piece, crying, she didn't want to be the cause of her best friend's sadness. 

"That's not cool, bro. Wonwoo's my wife now so you ought to stop having feelings for her, Minghao's good enough for you," Mingyu stated, before leaving the restaurant to catch up with his wife. 

"You hurt the girl's feelings, my friend," Seungcheol stated as he sighed. "Minghao really fell hard for you, you should say sorry to her and should've told her nicely," Jeonghan added on. 

"Let's just go, you should think about your actions, you were truly her first love," Jihoon announced as they started to leave one by one. 

"Junhui hyung, go home and think about it, don't let Minghao slip by, I can tell she really loves you but you did hurt her," Hansol advised, before catching up with his girlfriend. "Chwe Hansol, let's go home!" Seungkwan was still angry at Junhui for hurting her best friend. 

God, what have I done? I screwed up. 

-Minghao's Home-

[Minghao came home crying and she immediately locked herself up in her room.]

"Minghao, open up!" Mrs Xu was concerned. "I'm fine, Ma! Just leave me alone, I want to be alone now, please," Minghao pleaded. "Fine, but tell me if you need anything," Mrs Xu stated as she walked away. 

Why did he have to give me so much hope and trample over my heart like this?

[Minghao looked through her box of memories labelled "Junhui ❤". Inside were letters that she didn't date to give out, tickets to the Lotte World, basically ever memory she ever had with Junhui.]

"I think it's time to keep it away now, I probably won't ever use it anymore," Minghao mumbled to herself as she put away the box that was once by her bedside. 

That will be a part of my past now. 

[That night, she finally stopped crying, she didn't want to cry anymore, she was tired, tired of love.]

-Pledis University-

"We have a transfer student today, please welcome your classmate," the teacher announced once the class was settled down. "Hello, everyone, my name is Yoong."

"There's an empty seat beside Minghao so you can sit there," the teacher instructed as Yoong walked to his designated seat. 

[Throughout the class, Yoong was staring at Minghao, which got Junhui's attention.]

Why is he staring at her so much?

"Class dismissed," the teacher stayed as the class started to leave. 

"Hey, Minghao, I missed you so much," Yoong hugged the lady as her friends stared in shock. 

"Who's that?" Seungcheol asked, once he noticed Junhui feeling uncomfortable. "Yoong's her closest friend since young, they grew up together so they're practically childhood friends," Wonwoo answered, since she was very clear about the fact. 

"I've heard about your situation so I decided to come back and I hope I get another chance to win your heart," Yoong told Minghao as he her hair. "What? Who told you?"

"I was having a chat with Mrs Xu just the other day and she told me so many things, so I flew back yesterday," Yoong told Minghao. "I'm here to help you become happy again," Yoong smiled at Minghao lovingly. 

"She doesn't need your help," Junhui crossed his arms. "Of course she does, and what right do you have to open your mouth? You are the one who hurt her," Yoong confronted Junhui. "I-"

"I already rejected you four years ago, Yoong," Minghao remarked as she recalled. "Yeah, I've been waiting for you since then."

"Wow, he's so loyal to her," Seungkwan blurted out as Jihoon nudged her elbow. 

"She already rejected you, she wouldn't accept you either way," Junhui scoffed as he attempted to pull Minghao to his side. "Who said so? You? How would you know that?" Minghao started feeling annoyed.

"She's in love with me, so-"

"I was, Junhui, then I got tired, four years of waiting and I got nothing in return, merely getting hurt time and again. You already said your piece and I'm sure you still have feelings for Wonwoo, so I'll leave you alone," Minghao finally blurted the words that she had been wanting to say since the beginning of this drama. "No, Ming-"

"Let's go, Yoong," Minghao said before she pulled Yoong's hand and walked away from her friends. "Minghao, wait!" Junhui shouted, but the pair continued walking away. 

Not again...

"I'm losing my patience! I really don't have feelings for Wonwoo anymore, why is everybody convinced that I have?! I'm so ing tired of this , it's the second time I'm experiencing this again. This time, I'm going to make sure I don't lose someone I love again," Junhui stated as he ran after the pair.

"What's gotten into him?" Seungkwan asked as she was very confused by this situation. "He's finally going to make things right," Wonwoo smiled as she was sure what he was going to do. 

[The moment when Junhui managed to catch up, the pair went out of the school, he won't sure where they went so he didn't catch up with them, losing his chance.]

I'll make sure I get Minghao back... Please wait for me.

<<❤>>

*****

Here's an update! Sorry that it took so long, I was really busy. The next chapter will also mostly be about JunHao, and how their relationship will be repaired. I'll try to update as regular as I can. Thank you for reading, feel free to leave comments!

*****