Her Guilt. Her Hatred.

Secretary's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Fiance..." 

 

Eunbi's sudden words made Sojung's ears perk.

 

Seeing the CEO watch her intently as she climbed out from the table, Eunbi's heart pangs with that godforsaken word still spinning around her head.

 

"What did he mean by Finace?" 

 

Silence... 

 

Silence, with nothing but Sojung's gloomy eyes, laced with a tint of iciness, staring right back at her.

 

"Answer me Sojung!?" The blonde tried again, hoping for some mere miracle, that she may have simply misheard the conversation prior, that maybe MAYBE that none of anything she had heard was true

 

She couldn't even begin to fathom the idea that she had been sleeping with an engaged woman this entire time.

 

"You heard everything, didn't you? What else is there to know?" 

 

Eunbi didn't know what she was expecting to be honest. Did she really think Sojung was really going to spin a 180 and completely ditch her usual distant demeanor just because something relatively REALLY serious arises outside of her company?

 

God Eunbi must've been really naive.

 

"Are you serious!?" Honestly, the secretary didn't even know what to think at this moment.  "Did you not think this was important information for me to know before we did.. WHATEVER this is!" 

 

"You never asked."

 

"HOW DID YOU EXPECT ME TO ASK!? WE DON'T EVEN- We-"

 

We don't even talk...

 

She had to take one deep breath to at the very least compose herself enough to speak properly and not yell her lungs out. "This situation... This situation should've never happened in the first place, especially if you're engaged!"

 

A storm has erupted itself into Eunbi's brain, too many emotions hitting her all at once; anger? betrayal? hurt? guilt?

 

She honestly couldn't pinpoint which one was bothering her the most, but all she knew was that this was all wrong... 

 

So wrong..

 

"Is this how you really feel?" Sojung spoke up in the most nonchalant way Eunbi had ever heard. 

 

What?

 

How could that woman even ask that? Of course, it is! Isn't that what any normal human being with even the most miniature of morals would think?

 

"I'm not a homewrecker Sojung! I would've never done any of this if I knew about your engagement. I- I honestly can't believe any of this right now, I'm not- I'm-" Eunbi's vision starts blurring "I'm not interested in becoming the other woman alright!" 

 

Guilt.

 

Out of all the abundance of emotions, Eunbi can now confidently determine it is guilt that had hit her the hardest... and it's all becoming a bit too overwhelming for her to handle right now...

 

With a tear trickling down her cheek, the blonde only quickly wipes it away, refusing to look any weaker in front of Sojung than she already had. 

 

"How?" Eunbi continued to ask, her words unsteady, as she held back her tears of frustration "How can you do that to someone you're supposed to marry? Someone you're supposed to love?"

 

...

 

...

 

...

 

Peak silence again. It's as if the very word had triggered something within Sojung. 

 

The woman's eyes although once filled with ice, had simmered down into what can only be described as misery.

 

In that moment, Sojung looked absolutely miserable.  

 

"Love?" The taller chuckled bitterly "Right.." She leaned her head back and covered the top half of her face with her palm, a smile on her face from the initial chuckle... but Eunbi swears it's one of the saddest curves of the lip she had ever seen... 

 

Eunbi was mad, she's angry and she had every right to be so... so why?

 

Why does Sojung looking like this make her feel... so sad as well?

 

Not sad because she had just figured out the woman is engaged... but sad.. simply because... Sojung seemed that way...

 

"Tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter