D-17

When the Stars Align
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

D-17

Weekend mornings were Baekhyun’s favorite. Something about the way the sun seeps through the curtains and the delicate atmosphere that comes with it, always brought him a moment of tranquility. It may also be the fact that he doesn’t have to go into the office too. His eyes scan the daily newspaper as he takes a sip of his dark roast coffee. A satisfied hum unconsciously comes from him when the bitter yet refreshing taste splashes against his tongue. He doesn’t know what he did before drinking dark roast and he has Nari to thank for that. The woman had insisted he drink dark roast to get him through those sleepless high school study sessions and he’s been hooked since. He sighs as the memory of a certain wedding planner runs across his mind. Even without running into her, his mind always found its way back. She was like an incessant prod that never left Baekhyun alone, except he didn’t mind it. He never minded it, even as seven years pranced by. Baekhyun didn’t want to let her go from his memories, more so now that he met his first love again.

Baekhyun is plucked out of his thoughts when he hears the front door of his apartment softly close. Not a moment later does his fiancé pop into the kitchen, a wide grin stretching across her red lips. Dasom sits beside Baekhyun and sets a large binder on the dining table, which he can only assume is part of the wedding planning.
“What’s my handsome husband-to-be thinking about so early in the morning?” Dasom questions as she pecks his lips with her own. Baekhyun smiles, refocusing his attention on the woman before him.
“Nothing, I’m just glad it’s the weekend.” He answers with a low chuckle.
“What do you have there?” He gestures at the binder with his chin. Dasom, again, grins with excitement as she flips open the binder.
“Nari told me to take a look at the flower catalog and let her know which ones I like the most.” Dasom explains as she begins flipping through the pages of floral pictures. She scoots her chair closer to Baekhyun, wanting to look through the catalog together,
“That’s easy, you love roses.” Baekhyun states, pointing his finger at the image of blush pink roses.
“My fiancé knows me so well.” Dasom chimes as she writes down the name of the flower in her notebook.
“I want a lot of flowers everywhere, so we need to choose more though.” She adds, flipping to the next page. Baekhyun only hums in acknowledgement.

“I was talking to Nari when I went to pick up the catalog.” Dasom begins to randomly speak as her eyes scan the colorful assortment of florals. Again, Baekhyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter