Smell of Betrayal

unmyeong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung has just finished her last end-of-year exam today. She was totally spent since she only slept for two hours the night before. She was wondering what Mina was up to, so she opened her phone and replied to her message as usual before popping down a question.

 

Minari 🐧

Minari, what are you doing today?

 

Though they didn’t send back to back texts, but a message like this would usually get immediate reply.

 

Chaengchaeng~

How was your exam?

I’m doing some club meeting and then I will go back to the dorm

Whyyy

Nothingg, okay

Talk to you later

Byee

I will reply to the rest of the messages later at night okk

Yaaa

 

Of course it wasn’t nothing for Chaeyoung. Since her last exam was over and she now had nothing to do in the dorm (there were some club activities on the last day of the exam so she couldn’t go back home yet), she planned to do something she promised Mina last October.

She was going to visit Mina!

She did go to SNU that one time when she was in high school. At that time, Mina was buying her lunch and showed her around her campus. So it’s not a hard task for Chaeyoung to actually go to SNU now by herself and visit Mina.

She took the time to cook Mina dinner, chicken katsu with too much ketchup, in her dorm’s kitchen. She sealed them in airtight container and put it in her backpack. Chaeyoung also made additional katsu for Jihyo, who just had to be Mina’s roommate. It seemed like students from her highschool sticked together even when they were already in college, like her and SMC (Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu always bring dorm-cooked meals so it’s their group chat name now).

All packed and ready, she prepared to go outside.

 

***

 

Since it was during the day and in the middle of cold December, the train wasn’t very packed. It made the journey so enjoyable, accompanied by the signal bonae song from the currently very booming girl group in South Korea. She couldn’t wait to surprise her Minari in front of her club room-- okay that would be too forward, she wasn’t sure Mina told her friends about Chaeyoung (vice versa, except to Tzuyu). She was going to wait for her in front of her dorm room, then.

Using the GPS, she followed the path to the dorm. She thanked the technology for making route searching so easy. She went to that dorm once, but it was just.. hard to find, as if the existence is questionable.

She sat on the floor in front of the wood-door numbered 56 to wait for her unnies. Usually, Mina’s club activities would end at around 5 pm. Chaeyoung predicted that they would arrive here at 5.15 pm and made food delivery like they usually did, except today Chaeyoung brought them dinner.

It’s 5.20 pm, still no signs of them. Probably they had many things to talk about.

Chaeyoung was itching to read the book she brought, Tuesdays with Morries. Her sunbaenim at uni lent it to her, but she was hesitant to read them because it was a sad book. She couldn’t be seen crying in public. So she continued waiting patiently.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter