Chapter 7

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook had arrived at potions class early, and Jihyun looked at the boy in surprise when he settled himself beside her.

“That’s Tae’s seat.” Jihyun raised her eyebrows suspiciously at Jungkook, while he merely shrugged. “I’m bad at Potions, you’re good at it. You have to help me with it.”

She rolled her eyes in response, “Tae didn’t agree to this.”

“I just did.” Taehyung shot them a smirk as he sat beside Jimin, and Jihyun shot a betrayed look towards him.

“Fine, it’s your lucky day.”

Potion class didn’t go smoothly after all.

“Take the unicorn hair, not the butterscotch, you dimwit!” Jihyun said in frustration as Jungkook held onto the yellow ingredient on his hand. He hurriedly placed it back in its original position before taking the unicorn hair with a laugh. “Here you go.”

At this point, Jihyun thought the boy was basically fooling around with her.

In the past hour, he had not only mistook butterscotch as unicorn hair even though they were two vastly different ingredients, he had also given her a flower seed instead of a mushroom although the ingredient bottle had been clearly labelled.

“How could you miss that?” She mumbled under her breath, but Jungkook had heard it anyway. “You didn’t specify properly, Miss Smarty-Pants.”

“Right, I needed a butterscotch for a beautification potion.” Jihyun retorted sarcastically, and Jungkook chuckled. “You totally did.”

Jihyun took a piece of butterscotch and smeared it onto Jungkook’s face while laughing. “Hope the butterscotch made you look better then.”

The boy’s eyes widened, and his heart beated loudly against his chest - not out of anger, but because of the melodious laughter that Jihyun had emitted.

“You little prick!” He chuckled lightly before using some of the butterscotch and smearing it onto Jihyun as well, laughing when some of it had gotten onto her face.

Taehyung and Jimin turned around at the ruckus the duo had created, and chuckled to themselves silently. “Just when I thought that their relationship was improving, they are back to fighting.”

Jihyun widened her eyes in shock when she felt the sticky liquid on her face, and quickly glanced at her reflection in the glass display to see her butterscotch smeared face. Using her robes, she finally managed to wipe off most of them and turned to Jungkook, who was already looking at her with a sheepish smile.

“Jeon! Kim! What do you think you two are doing?” Professor Weasley asked with a frown as the entire class turned to the duo. “Nothing, professor.” Jungkook said innocently, but Professor Weasley didn’t seem convinced.

“Detention for you two after class today.”

The two groaned in response. “No excuses.”

Jihyun turned to Jungkook and shoved him lightly, “It’s all your fault.”

“I wasn’t the one who started the butterscotch fight.” Jungkook whispered harshly in response.

“You were being a dimwit.” Jihyun smirked as Jungkook let out a soft chuckle. “You were being a prick.”

He took a piece of napkin from the table and inched closer to Jihyun, to which she backed away instinctively. “What are you doing?” She stared at him suspiciously.

He didn’t say a word as his face inched closer to hers, unaware of how quickly her heart was beating against her chest. “You’ve still got butterscotch here.” Jungkook wiped the side of her forehead which had a butterscotch stain.

“Prick.” He said before poking her nose with a smirk and threw the napkin away.

She was sure her face was burning red now.

--

“I can’t believe I’m getting detention for the first time in my entire six years of school life because of you.” Jihyun said bitterly when she settled in the seat beside Jungkook in the classroom.

Professor Neville had instructed them to finish their homeworks in the meantime, and excused himself to an errand which he had to run.

“There’s always a first for everything, isn’t it?” Jungkook turned towards her as he leaned lazily on his arms.

“Detention with Jeon Jungkook is definitely a first.” Jihyun rolled her eyes and took out her Divination homework.

“You’re taking Divination?” Jungkook asked with raised eyebrows, “Yeah, I’m thinking of doing it for the N.E.W.T.S. next year.” Jihyun said, and Jungkook looked skeptical.

Divination was a subject that allowed an individual to predict and gather insights about future events through various rituals and methods. It was basically the muggle version of fortune-telling, and Jihyun found the subject pretty interesting.

“You don’t seem to fancy the subject.” Jihyun said while flipping the pages of her textbook.

“Well, I never really believed in the whole idea of fortune-telling. I don’t believe that everything is already written in the stars.” Jungkook said with air quotes. “You are the only one who can decide how your life will turn out.”

“Sounds like a personal experience.” Jihyun said, taking interest in Jungkook’s words.

“I mean, take us for example.” Jungkook said as he pointed to both of them. “Do you think it was written in the stars that we were supposed to be fighting all the time?”

“Maybe our birth characters didn’t match well.” Jihyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter