The Art Of Loving You

Wenrene Seekers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ugh! It's still not right!"

Wendy crumpled the paper that she just tore from her sketch pad. She threw herself on a swivel chair and lazily turned around herself while looking at the ceiling.

"I can't find the right face."

"Seungwan!"

Wendy looked at the door when somebody knocked and she saw Joy with bubble tea on her hand when it opened.

"Surprise!"

She glared at her. "Yah! I told you not to call me by my real name. Wendy okay? Call me Wendy."

"Why call you by your pen name when I can call you Seungwan?"

Joy gave her bubble tea and sat at the table in front of her.

"Hmmm. I don't know. When I'm hearing my real name, it just doesn't feel right. Besides, people know me as Wendy so you should call me that-ooh what's this? New pearls?" Her eyes widened as she tasted a new flavor from her bubble tea.

"Yup! White pearls, it's more chewy right?"

Wendy is delighted and nodded as she sipped her bubble tea again.

"So, what happened?"

"Nothing."

She gives her a questionable look and leers at her trash bin. Then she gets some crumpled paper. She tried to flatten the papers to see it. Wendy just pouted when Joy's brows furrowed.

"What's this?"

"Yeah, I don't know either."

Wendy admitted that her drawings nowadays aren't good. It is not worthy to look at. She can't finish any drawings. Most of them are faceless portraits. It's not totally an art block for her as she has these blurry images on her mind, Wendy can actually draw it in her sketch pad instantly but end up not finishing it. She has one problem and that she can't draw the face of her idea. She can but she can't. It's like something, more like someone, is missing and she can't figure it out.

"Maybe you need a model. I can be your model."

Wendy looks at Joy and she laughs at her. She posed like Jack Dawson's French girls. She doesn't like that idea. She is about to throw up just by thinking about it.

"Yah! It's disgusting. Cut it out!"

"What? You're unbelievable. You're just gonna put on my face then it's done."

"Nah. That way doesn't do that. Hmmm, maybe you're right. I need to find a model."

Wendy decided to take a break first in drawing but at the same time she is a bit worried. She has a due date. She needed to submit at least ten drawings for the semi annual event for artists in Seoul. That would be like in two months from now and she didn't finish any single one. Why should it be ten drawings?

Her shoulders are down as she walks to the park. Wendy decided to sit on a bench near the swing and looked at the children who are very active in playing the seesaw and the slide. She wishes she could draw scenery but she is a portraitist and her subjects are people or a person.

Wendy looks at the sky. It's cloudy now and very different from her blank sketchpad. It's very majestic and the birds are freely flying. She gets her sketchbook and starts rough sketches, it's still a blank face.

"Argh! Where I can find the right face-"

Wendy froze but realized it was not the right time so she immediately put her things inside her bag when she saw someone passing the park. She has beautiful coal-like hair and an average body. Wendy carefully follows her hoping the girl won't catch her and get the wrong idea. They are walking until she stops at the bubble tea house.

Does she like bubble tea, too?

Wendy enters the bubble tea house as well and lines up where the girl goes. They have two people in between. She still can't see her face but Wendy is pretty sure she could be the one. After she ordered, she sat beside the window at the corner. Still not seeing her face. Finally, Wendy ordered bubble tea even though she just drank earlier. She put up the courage to ask the girl to have a seat with her table.

"Excuse me, can I join you?"

Wendy is stunned when she finally sees her face and she is right, she's the right one. She's the missing puzzle and the only one who will perfectly fit her drawings. She has this perfect face, long lashes, high nose and lips that will surely promise a thousand smiles.

Though the girl was kinda surprised by her sudden approach, she smiled at her.

"Y-yeah, sure. Go ahead."

Wendy seated in front of her not removing her stare with her but Wendy noticed that the girl is a bit uneasy.

"Oh, sorry. I'm kinda intense sometimes. Hope you don't mind my stare and by the way I'm not a creep. Though I look like one because I am staring too much, am I?"

"Ah, n-no. It's okay. I-I don't mind."

Wendy sips on her bubble tea and looks at the girl in front who's typing on her phone.

"Miss, I'll be honest with you."

She looked at Wendy, blinking her eyes twice.

"What?"

"I needed your help. Would you like to be my model?"

As expected, she turned down Wendy's offer. Yeah, of course, who would say yes to a person you've just met? Wendy came to her studio and tried to sketch a drawing with the girl's face in her sketchpad. She actually can't believe that she can finish a portrait in a very short time.

"If she could actually say yes, I can submit this."

She stared at her sketchpad. Though it is still unpolished because it is just rough sketches, any person who knows the girl could actually recognize her face. If I can see her face more, this could be more beautiful.

Wendy won't say that her drawing is perfect but the model is.

"Wah! How can I make her say yes?"

"Wendy!"

Joy dragged herself in her studio.

"You're here again?"

"Of course I am. I'm just on the other side of the room. Duh! You're not the only one here."

Joy is also a Co-artist. She's a painter. Lucky her, she's already finished some of her work. Wendy excitedly showed her sketch, ready to share a brief good news.

"I already found my model but unfortunately she said no."

"Who would say no to you?" She said.

Joy's eyes widened when she saw Wendy's sketch. Wendy is smiling so widely, looking proud of her work.

"Yeah, she's beautiful isn't she? That's also my reaction when I saw her."

"Y-yeah. Are you sure you want her to be your model? She doesn't say yes. Maybe you need another one." Joy looked at her sketchpad and held it.

"Nope. I'm definitely sure she's the one who'll save my unfinished drawings. I don't know her name, though." Wendy looked again at her drawing when she realized something. "! How can I find her?!"

~~~~~~~~~~

Together with her sketchbook, Wendy sat on the bench at the park just like yesterday, hoping she will see the girl again. Thankfully, she didn't fail, Wendy saw her again pass the park so she ran immediately and approached her.

"Miss, hi! I'm so sorry but I really need your help."

The girl flinched when Wendy grabbed her arm.

"What- it's you?"

"Yeah, I'm the girl from yesterday. I'm sorry if I scare you. I don't know how to explain this but you'll be the one who'll save me."

"What do you mean?"

"I have a lot of drawings that aren't finished. But look, here, I just drew it yesterday and it's done."

Wendy is shaking when she shows her sketchpad to her, revealing a portrait of the girl.

"Well, it is not as smooth as I do but if I am given the chance I'll make it better. Please can you help me? I..., I can pay you, promise. I just needed you."

Wendy saw the girl clear . Wendy realizes what she has done, she finally lets go of her arm.

"I'm sorry. I think I scared you. Yeah, I hope you can understand." Wendy tore her drawing from her sketch pad and gave it to the girl. "Here, you can have this. But can you think about it? It would be a great help."

Wendy also gave her contact number and though hesitant she felt happy that the girl said she'll think about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yah! Wendy, I've already finished four artworks and you haven't done anything."

Wendy is at her studio as usual, spinning with her swivel chair while looking at the ceiling.

"Yeah, I'm still waiting."

"It's been a week now. You should do other faces or models. It's obvious she doesn't want to do it. You're not on the same page."

"I can only draw her and nothing else. I can do it immediately if it's her."

"Until now, you could only see her."

She heard Joy whisper something.

"What? I didn't hear you."

"Nothing! You should start now or you'll be jobless." Joy said and left her studio.

She just sighed and stared at her phone. Still nothing. She is waiting for the girl to contact her. Come to think of it, Wendy didn't even know her name. She forgot to a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter