Talking to You

Head Over Heels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 2 : TALKING TO YOU

 

Aeri sat on the edge of her bed, since four days ago after the princess slapped her, she had not met the princess at all. 

 

The Earl's words that told her to reflect on her mistake had not been carried out either. 

 

What is she supposed to do? She did not even know what she was doing wrong, she didn't even know all the troubles Giselle had causes. 

 

She also didn't know who to ask, Winter didn't even want to tell her anything. The girl sighed and lay down on her king size bed. 

 

She missed her parents. At first she had thought that Earl Hendrik would at least look like her father, but they didn't look alike at all. Giselle's mother was not there either. 

 

She feels alone, she also misses Minjeong. There is Winter who looks like Minjeong, but they are not the same person certainly. Minjeong is chatty and humorous while Winter is very quiet. Even though they had the same smile, it still felt different. 

 

Aeri missed the girl. If Minjeong saw her now, she would surely laugh at her. What is she doing now? Does she miss Aeri like Aeri do? Does her parents miss her too?

 

Now she was thinking, is she here to solve all Giselle's problems because maybe the girl can't solve her own problems? She grunted, this Giselle was really stupid. If there is a problem, why she should run away? 

 

Or maybe could it be that she doesn't want to marry the princess? Uh, but it is impossible. Even Aeri was stunned when she met the princess for the first time. There is no way anyone would refuse to marry a princess. 

 

Yeah, unless the person was insane. Then what's really going on? 

 

Aeri ruffled her hair, she had only been here for two days but she was already frustrated. Not to mention she knows the fact that she is now a vampire. Vampire royalty? What kind of joke is this?

 

I mean, she even had a hard time for eating while she was here, because you know what? When she was thirsty the maids in her manor house offered her blood, when she was hungry she was also offered blood. Aeri shivered in horror, luckily there were vegetables here so she chose to eat those salad without mayonnaise.

 

Aeri got up and approached the large mirror in her room. She thought vampires wouldn't be able to be seen in the mirror, but that wasn't true. She could see her reflection in the mirror. 

 

The girl was holding her own cheek, her current appearance was not much different from her. The only difference was that Giselle looked paler than her, Giselle's eyes were brown while hers was black. 

 

Oh she remembered something. Can Giselle's eyes also change its colour like Kai's she saw a few days ago? That would definitely look cool. 

 

The girl fixed her messy hair, too bad Giselle's hair didn't have fringes like hers. However, it doesn't look bad either. She better go out from here before she gets really stressed.

 

Aeri came out of her room about to leave quickly before a maid caught her, "My Lady, I'm sorry to be indelicate but where are you going?" 

 

Damn, Aeri rubbed the nape of her neck, "I just want to get some fresh air outside." 

 

The maid looked at the clothes Lady Giselle was wearing. She found it odd that Lady Giselle had an unusual style lately. Not only her but the other maids also felt the same way, Lady Giselle looked different. 

 

Usually their Lady likes to wear luxurious and expensive clothes, but now she prefers to wear all black clothes. She no longer liked to wear dresses, instead she asked the servants to find her the best tailor to sew the clothes she wanted herself.

 

She even wore pants. It was forbidden to wear pants for a noblewoman, but Lady Giselle was a stubborn just like her father, Earl Hendrik. 

 

"Just let her do and wear whatever she wants." That's what Earl Hendrik said when he saw the clothes his daughter was wearing. Of course everyone obeyed his words.

 

"Would you like some servants to accompany you just in case?" asked the maid. 

 

Aeri immediately shook her head slowly, "Ah, no.. I don't need any servant. I can be alone, don't worry. I won't go far from here." Before the maid could speak, Aeri left the maid.

 

She breathed a sigh of relief when she managed to get out of the house, luckily no one followed her. 

 

"Okay, so where should I go now?" Maybe walking around there wouldn't be bad either, she didn't even know the situation there.

 

How is the life of the vampire residents? Vampire residents lol. 

 

She decided to go around and this decision she did not regret. It turns out that the situation here is not much different from her place. Many activities are carried out by residents. 

 

She even had time to stop by the market, yeah... even though the market there sells 'something' which is of course unusual in her place.

 

Aeri stood in front of a shop selling drinks, she was pleased to walk around for a few hours but it made her thirsty too. She was confused on how to buy a drink because now she didn't have any money with her. 

 

Her eyes looked at the bottles, they seemed very fresh if she drank them now. 

 

"I will buy two bottles." Someone beside hersuddenly handed some coins to the drink seller. The seller immediately gave two bottles of water to the person. 

 

The person glanced at Lady Giselle then she handed one of the bottles to Giselle, "This is for you, my Lady." 

 

Aeri turned her gaze to the person then she shot an eyebrow up, "Ningning?"

 

---

 

The two of them were sitting on the bench, Aeri had finished her drink, unlike Ningning, her bottle was still full. 

 

"Thanks for buying me a drink, next time I'll treat you." Aeri said with a smile. 

 

Ningning shook her head slowly, "You don't have to treat me, My Lady. I sincerely bought you a drink." 

 

Aeri smiled mischievously, "Eh, why are you being so formal to me?" 

 

Ningning was reminded again of her attitude towards Lady Giselle a few days ago. She looked at the Lady then grimaced, "About what happened a few days ago... I'm sorry about my rude attitude to you, my Lady." Ningning scratched her cheek with a regretful face, "I'm really sorry for my rude attitude."

 

Aeri laughed seeing Ningning, she looks like a child who was caught buying a candy by her parents, "It's okay, don't worry. I'm not mad at you." 

 

Ningning looked at Lady Giselle who gave her a smile. "Really, my Lady?" Lady Giselle cleared then she nodded.

 

"You won't report me to your father, will you, my Lady?" Lady Giselle chuckled lightly then shook her head causing Ningning to heave a sigh of relief. 

 

Aeri leaned her back and looked up at the sky, as if something was bothering her so she was silent for a long time. 

 

Yes, there's many things that Aeri is thinking about right now, including thinking about the princess. For some reason, Aeri suddenly thought of her. 

 

"Are you okay, my Lady?"

 

Lady Giselle looked back at Ningning, "I want to ask you something, may I?" Ningning nodded. The Lady looked hesitant to ask, her face wrinkled and Ningning noticed it.

 

"If someone is mad at you but you don't know what mistake you made." Aeri looked at Ningning expectantly, "And from the situation you know that she was so furious with you, what are you going to do?"

 

Ningning thought for a moment as she scratched her chin, "Maybe I'll go straight to that person and ask them what I did wrong. If they are really angry because of a mistake I made myself, I will apologize to them." 

 

"Oh, I see." 

 

Right, after being slapped by the princess, Aeri has never met her. She frowned, just the thought of approaching the princess, she felt afraid. 

 

She felt like she didn't deserve to meet the crown princess. 

 

"But if I want to apologize to someone, I'll bring their favorite thing. At least it helps me to get forgiveness from that person quickly." Aeri glanced at Ningning as the girl continued her words.

 

Favorite thing? What is the princess's favorite thing? Aeri didn't know at all. 

 

"Why? Did Lady Giselle have a problem with Her Highness?" Ningning asked. 

 

Aeri looked at Ningning in surprise, how could she know? However she still nodded her head. 

 

Ningning chuckled softly, "That is our princess. Everyone here already knows. Her Highness is kind and friendly, but when she gets angry she can be very scary, indeed." 

 

She patted Lady Giselle's shoulder. After a while she realized she was patting a noble on the shoulder, "I'm sorry, my Lady." 

 

"No, it's okay." 

 

Aeri was pensive, what is the princess's favorite thing? 

 

Right, she could ask Giselle's father. The girl smiled and stood up from her seat. 

 

"Looks like I have to go, by the way thanks for the drink." Aeri lifted her still empty bottle while Ningning nodded. 

 

Aeri looked at the bottle she was holding, "Oh, anyway this drink is very fresh and sweet. What is the name of this drink?" 

 

Ningning also looked at the bottle Lady Giselle was holding, "Oh, that is bloodina. It's a hot selling drink these days, my Lady. It tastes different from other blood."

 

"Huh? What are you saying? Blood?"

 

Ningning nodded, "Yes, it is blood. Is there something wrong, my Lady?" 

 

Aeri eyes widened in disbelief. She suddenly felt sick to her stomach and it made her nauseous until she finally threw up there.

 

"My Lady?!"

 

---

 

She was not as nauseous as before when she got to her manor house. However, she still felt weak, her pale face looked even paler. How could she think that blood was something refreshing? There was something wrong with her tongue, she even felt that the blood was not fishy at all.

 

"Where are you from?" Someone asked her when she was about to enter her room. 

 

Aeri saw the person and another person who followed her from behind. Her face looked confused, "Who are you and why are you at my house?" 

 

That person glared at Giselle then she smacked Giselle's forehead hard enough to make the girl wince, "I've only been away from home for two months and you've forgotten your own sister? So what if I'm here? This is also my house."

 

Aeri rubbed her forehead then she frowned at the culprit who made her forehead hurt, the girl with the y face. 

 

Does she have a sister? Since when? Oh... right. Lady Giselle does. What is her name again? Gemstone? Gold? Something related to that, right?

 

Giselle looked at the two of them with an innocent face, making the person claiming to be her sister furious, "What? Don't tell me you forgot my name too?" 

 

She nodded making the person want to throw another smack at her, luckily she managed to dodge. The other person behind Giselle's 'sister' just chuckled.

 

"Krystal, don't be mean to your sister." said the person. 

 

Oh right, her name is Krystal.

 

"Don't keep defending her, Amber." Amber just shrugged her shoulders at her wife's words.

 

Krystal looked at her little sister strangely, "I have to ask father what happened to you. Maybe you hit your head on a giant rock." She said so after seeing the clothes her sister was wearing which really didn't look like a noble.

 

Aeri scratched her head, silently agreeing with Krystal's words. Maybe she hit her head on a rock, "Maybe you should hit my head with a rock again, sister."

 

Amber laughed at Giselle's words while Krystal rolled her eyes. However she still hugged her sister, "I miss you. How are you?"

 

"I'm good."

 

No, I am not.

 

Krystal let go of her hug, "Thank goodness." 

 

She pushed Giselle's hair aside so it wouldn't cover her sister's face, "What's with your tired face? You look like you have a problem."

 

Aeri felt that there was finally someone she could talk to, she nodded. 

 

"Why? Does it have anythin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter