fin

we fell in love in october

 

 

 

a new face, karina thought, as a petite short-haired woman walked inside the room. judging from her uniform, karina knew that she was a junior. the girl's expression is blank and had cold eyes, she wondered what she did for someone to send her here. to be honest, the kid looked innocent, or maybe, karina thought, it was just because of her soft face despite those cold eyes. 

"kim minjeong from 3-a, threw a history book on shin ryujin's face." following was yeji announcing the girl's crime. first thing that came to karina's mind was to laugh and so did she unconsiously. yeji eyed her weirdly for laughing and so did kim minjeong, so she stopped. in her defense, she didn't expect the girl to do such thing. kim minjeong by appearance looked like an angel. truly, looks could be deceiving. karina cleared before saying, "sorry. you may go now yeji, thank you." 

"yes, i'll be checking ryujin." last thing the school's secretary said before dashing out the room. now, it is the two of them that is left. 

"sit down, you'll be spending your next three hours with me." karina said strictly which was obeyed quitely by kim minjeong girl. a minute passed, no one spoke again. karina was pretending to read the printed proposal for the activity next month which she had revised for like 16th times already. she was waiting for the other girl to speak anything but minjeong did nothing but stare at her.

"stop staring at me." karina break the silence first, kim minjeong's stare didn't waver. 

"there's nothing much to do." she flatly stated. her voice is gentle and small karina had noticed.

"don't you have anything to do? like homeworks or anything?" she suggested.

kim minjeong shrugged, "done all of 'em." she answered flatly.

karina knew that the girl in front of her is not the rebel type of kid or anything that looks trouble, so then why did she threw a ing 796 page book at someone else's face? and that someone is ryujin, a very popular kid with lots of student admiring her that could hate kim minjeong by the time she'll get out the detention room. 

"bold of you to throw a very thick book on ryujin's face, huh." karina said curiosly. winter looked at her eyes, first time looking in them, very unfamiliar but somehow it feels comfortable to be stared at those unknowing eyes. "i am guessing you are new here? i mean i didn't see you around plus no one dares to touch ryujin." 

minjeong smiled a little with a little hint of sadness in her eyes. "i've been here since the seventh grade, you're just too busy to notice. and to my defense, no, i did not purposely threw the book in her face." she explained quietly with her calm voice. "she told me to do so." she added seeing the confused face of her senior. 

"you are here since seventh grade? how come i never saw you!" karina asked in disbelief as she was very sure that it was her first time seeing minjeong today. how could she missed a beauty? she asked herself. there is no way. 

"i like to hang on the library, i guess, and you barely went there." minjeong replied, now with a soft smile. "it's me that always sees you though." 

"oh, so you always follow me?"

"you're pretty much everywhere."

"you find me pretty?"

"talk about comprehension."

"it is a yes or no question, minjeong."

 

minjeong let out a chuckle and sure enough to make karina's day. hell, she could do the dishes willingly later after dinner with that. "sure, if you'll cut my time." 

 

karina, being the strict president, will surely not allow exception especially with the one like this. she always had this strong sense of justice within her to judge a situation in order to be fair. 

"i'll let you out 1 hour earlier."

"two." minjeong vouched. karina frowned, ready to take back what she just said earlier when minjeong spoke first.

"spend that two hours with me in the park. i'll get you something to eat." it made the president out of words. minjeong stood up from her chair and walk in front of her. "or we'll go now?" she asked accompanied with a cute smile. and karina had her world rolling with that single smile. how on earth is she supposed to decline that? 

 

it was a complete silence then after minjeong had said those words. karina's heart pumping fast, her face blushing. "bold of you to assume i want to go with you." karina whispered, hiding her blushing face by looking down. "what was that?" minjeong asked. 

 

 

 

 

"i said i want an ice cream!" it made minjeong smiled again. at this rate, karina's gonna be in love with the girl that's in front of her solely because of her smile. but she wouldn't mind tho. even if the that girl just threw a thick book at someone elese face. she completely don't mind. 

 

 

 

"great! and by the way, we staged the throwing the book incident because we want to spend some time with the two of you." karina looked back instantly at the grinning junior. of course, the two duo had always had a crush on the school's president body and secretary. minjeong and ryujin just too nervous to make a move, but since the seventh grade, they have always been admiring.

 

 

"and karina, you are the prettiest girl in this campus and if someone tells you that you are not, i'll be ready to throw that history book again, now for real."