WSC: Flashback

roomies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two years ago

 

"Ryujin, what do you think will happen if they ask me to come back?" They were at Ryujin's house. Her parents were not home, which is more comfortable for the both of them, and asked Yeji to come. They were on her bed, talking about nonsense when Yeji asked the question.

"Sa U.S.? Bakit ka nila pababalikin?" Ryujin was playing with Yeji's hair, her girlfriend's eyes were closed, relaxed at what she's doing.

"Hmm, hindi ko alam. Pero what if?"

"What if na naman."

"Dali na, anong sagot?" Ryujin stopped but didn't remove her hands on the girl's hair.

"Anong mangyayari sa'tin?"

"Yeah."

"Wala namang magbabago kung do'n ka muna. Dito lang ako, hintayin lang kita bumalik. We can talk naman everyday, or ano, kapag free tayo pareho." Yeji opened her eyes and observed her girlfriend. Ryujin was looking ahead.

"Kayanin kaya na'tin?" Ryujin looked down on her, kissed her on the forehead, and nodded.

"We promised we'll go through everything together. May tiwala ako sa'yo, sa'tin."

 

First day back in the U.S.

"Yeji, anak, can you get your Lolo some water? Thank you." Her mom, her grandfather, and her sister were the only ones in the house. Her grandfather was terminally ill, but he didn't want to die in the hospital. Since her sister is in university, she and her mom are left to take care of her lolo.

"Wait lang po." She was in a call with Ryujin, it was 1 AM in the Philippines, past their usual bedtime which was 10 PM. She told Ryujin to sleep but her girlfriend was stubborn.

"Baby, wait lang ha. Nauutusan lang ako. Are you sleepy na?"

"Hindi pa po, nag-coffee ako. Go na, dito lang ako."

She got up and left Ryujin listening to her surroundings.

"Hindi naman effective 'yung kape. Inaantok pa rin ako." Ryujin talked to herself, something she got used to whenever Yeji was called to help around the house.

"Anak, okay na 'yung laundry. Can you put them in the dryer?" Yeji quietly sighed, trying not to show that she's doing everything in a hurry to get back in her room.

"Yes po." Her mom patted her back as she passed to get something to eat for her grandfather.

She quickly ran upstairs para magpaalam kay Ryujin but found her girlfriend already sleeping. She smiled, feeling so grateful for still having her despite the time difference and the distance.

"I love you, sleepwell."

 

 

Ryujin woke up a little late than usual. It was Friday and she doesn't have morning classes, so she slept some more.

 

my gf <3
Today 10:45 AM her gf <3
good morning, yeye my gf <3
hi, love! kagigising mo lang? wala ka bang class? her gf <3
yes pooo
i'm so sleepy my gf <3
kasi naman sabi ko magsleep ka na pero you stayed up pa hanggang 3 her gf <3
ehhh i wanna talk pa
tsaka di naman ako inaantok my gf <3
ryu, you're ruining your sleeping
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter