Another Day of Travel

The Singer's Dream 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene's POV:

We started the morning pretty uneventful, we had breakfast in our room and then packed our things and boarded the train going to Venice. We will spend another overnight here and off we go to our next destination. Seungwan was on her phone, writing lyrics to another song she will be releasing in a few months. Korean Idols often do this for their careers to stay relevant. Idols would always if not, release 3-10 albums per year. Seung-wan was the same.

It was mid year so it was time for her to write songs again. I watched as she typed away on her phone as if her breathing depended on it. If you'd ask me, I would like her to stop writing for now, because she was on vacation. But knowing my Seung-wanah, she loves to be in places where she could write her songs peacefully. So, I let her be, because she deserves to be left in peace writing. Once she was satisfied with her lyrics, she smiled. Before she caught me looking at her lovingly.

"Mine, listen to this." She said as she played her melody out loud and began to sing.

moreuneun geot tuseongi
soljjiki nan eoryeoweo Umm
taiming geuge mweonji
wae meottaero kkoineunji.

She sang the first few lines softly, in tune with the melody playing on her phone.

georeumi neurin nae mami
himeul naeseo neol jjochawasseo
han baljjak danneun gose
naega isseo mweol mangseorini.

She smiled at me as she sang the next few lines.

Ooh love love is mweolkka What is love?
Ooh love eotteokalkka What if love?
amado naneun neol.

Her voice was becoming more upbeat as she sang these next lines.

One one one my one
The only one one one you are
If this is love love love if love
eotteokalkka eotteokalkka What if this is the love.

She sang merrily with a smile on her face. After singing this lines, she asked me.

"Did you like it?" She asked me like an excited kindergartner.

"It was lovely. Did you really follow me though?" I lightly.

"I did. I followed you. You just never knew." She said smiling like she knew something that I didn't.

"I knew about all of your projects, I even sent you flowers on your birthday, Christmas and other important occasions. Not signed by me of course. I wouldn't want you to be off about it." She said shyly.

"When and who did sign it?" I asked her.

"Hope Unnie." She said and smiled brightly.

"Ah kaya pala laging parang hindi alam ni Hope Unnie na nag-padala siya ng flowers sakin." I said to my surprise.

"Yeah. Sorry." She said to me eventually.

"Thank you and I appreciate your thoughtfulness. I was thanking Hope Unnie when I should've been thanking you all these years." I said to her.

She held my hand and squeezed them enough for me to feel.

"You don't need to thank me. I would always do that in a heart beat. If anything, I should be the one thanking you. Kasi you accepted my decision during that time. You never asked me for more reasons as to why I have fallen out of love. You are my best ever girl and more because of the way I ended things. Nakuntento ka sa initial na paliwanag ko and didn't try to force me out of that. I am equally regretful and thankful for that time mine." She said softly trying to hold back her tears.

I hugged her immediately from the side and spoke briefly to stop her from crying.

"I always understood you because I know you've been through a lot too. I went through the same as you. Only we had a different circumstance and coping mechanisms. I coped by replacing old memories and you coped in silence. I understand that at the time." I said to her as I settled my head down her shoulders.

"Thank you, mine. Thank you for living for the past two years to be with me at this moment." She said.

"Thank you din, kasi you survived to meet me today." I said to her.

She smiled eventually as she placed an arm around me. We looked through the districts we were passing by. The train travelled in high speed making each place warped in a fleeting moment. While it was only our second day together in Italy, it felt like a lifetime, after seeing all the castles and museums and other key tourist spots made me understood what Seung-wan grew accustomed to. The peaceful atmosphere of Italy and the quiet streets of Milan albeit a popular tourist destination as well as Rome, made me imagine Seung-wanah at the time she walked the streets. Everyone here is helpful and always smiled at everyone. They are warm and welcoming. This was the only country where you can leave your bags at a bench and get back there with out missing a thing.

After an hour of travel by train, we arrived at Sta. Lucia station. Like most cities in Italy, Sta. Lucia station was a grand central. We would go back here to board another train tomorrow to our next destination. In Korea, we had more of buses and subway stations, the subways are interconnected to towns across the whole of Seoul. If you wanted to get to a different province of Korea, you need to ride a bus or a plane in my case to get to Jeju. The old town of Pyong Yang is now accessible via bus as well.

The Grande Centrale as Italians would refer to them, doesn't only take you to nearby provinces of Italy, but it also takes you to different European countries such as Amsterdam, Germany and France and others. Tomorrow we will be going to Zürich, Switzerland, then the day after Munich, Germany. Then Amsterdam the next day after that and then go back to France, Paris to cap the trip off. We will be staying in Paris for about Three Days and Two Nights before flying back to Korea.

Because France had a lot of sights I am more interested to see, Seung-wan and I decided to go to France and stay there for these days I mentioned. I can'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter