First Mission

In Every Universe

30th June, 2020.............6:24pm

Dino and dk were showing Vernon around. There were 18 rooms in total.

1 room for each member, 3 extra rooms and 2 guest rooms. There was a huge kitchen too. Living room was spacious enough for all of them.

Then Dino and dk took him to show the space where they all practiced. There were equipments to practice shooting, another big hall to practice their fights.

Then there was a field behind the mansion to train. Different kind of courses with robots, pellet bullets and hurdles, everything to accomaodate their training sessions.

Vernon was quite happy with everything until now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of them were in living room except Joshua.

( You would think it would be quiet most of the time, considering they all are spies. But guess, how wrong could we be ? )

Vernon was talking to Coups about training sessions and how missions usually are.

And everybody else......., well you can say only those two were the quietest.

Seungkwan was running behind Hoshi, shouting at him for showering him with ketchup. And Wonwoo was enjoying the scene.

Dk and Mingyu were in the kitchen planning something, but just prepping for dinner according to them. Well 1 or 2 blasts could actually be heard while they were at it.

Woozi was trying to read a book and failling cause he was being interrupted every second by Hoshi or Seungkwan, who were taking turns at flying over him.

Dino and Jeonghan were busy aiming cushions at each other, ( which was decent considering how playful these two could get together ).

And last, Jun and Minghao were playing video games in midst of all this chaos.

Worriedly, Vernon asked Coups, how do they all live through this.

Coups : Well, it was difficult initially. But it got better later. And we all got used to it.

Shua : ( Shouting ) I don't think so.

Joshua appeared out of nowhere, scaring the hell out of Vernon and Coups.

Everybody stopped for a moment by this sudden yet loud interruption.

Well, Jeonghan and Dino were a sight to see, as they looked like they were in the middle of a lovely pillow fight.

Joshua came forward and sat on Vernon's side.

Vernon got chills all over his body.

Joshua did look a bit intimidating. But the reason he gave Vernon chills, was his attitude.

Well, everything became little chill when Hani asked everybody to gather for dinner.

Vernon was laying in his bed, lost in thoughts.

Vernon's POV :

Well, everything went pretty smoothly. They all look good.

This is gonna be my Home, finally. And I guess, I got friends.

I think whatever is ahead, I will be able to scrape through.........

He felt tired after all the day's events. It didn't take him long to fall asleep. And everybody else too, was fast asleep in his bed.

___________________________________________________________

Next Morning :

Vernon woke up next morning, but not by his alarm.

He came out of his room, body still half asleep but mind completely awake, thanks to the blast.

He could hear screaming of other members.

Coups was screaming like hell, WHO THE HELL DID THIS ? I AM DONE WITH YOU ALL. CAN YOU JUST LET ONE DAY GO WITHOUT ANYTHING ?

All others were too busy laughing to say anything. Apparently, dk and mingyu blew the microwave.

Fortunately, no one was hurt but it did cost a fortune on Coups' pocket.

Vernon thought that nothing could be better than this on his first day. But as soon as they were done with breakfast, something better did came Vernon's way.

Coups announced that they had a mission which they were to complete by next morning.

A smuggler of illegal weapons was in the town. And they had to catch him before he gets on loose again.

Coups told them that they were going to catch him in the night. Location is a Construction site.

Teams were divided.

And upto Vernon's expectations, he was paired with Joshua. But Wonwoo and Dk were in the team too. So, it's still manageable, Vernon thought to himself.

Other team was Jun, Hoshi, Woozi and Hao.

And rest of them, Coups, Mingyu, Hani and Dino were on the other team.

Seungkwan was on computers.

All of them were quite serious when it came to missions, quite opposite of how they usually behaved.

Coups and Jeonghan had given them instructions on how to execute the plan. Jeonghan was quite good with planning, which justified his almost perfect pranks he usually pulled on the members.

They all got ready by 10pm for the mission. All of them in black pants and jackets, loaded with guns.

Joshua was one of their best fighters...........Coups told Vernon.

All of them got their night vision glasses ready too. They set out for the location in the cars. It was quite dark at the construction site.

There were many buildings still under construction. Seungkwan told them that their target building was heavily guarded. He had hacked the cameras at the site and was tracing them as well.

The building had 5 floors and the smuggler was on the top floor. Which means they have to clear 5 levels (including ground floor).

Seungkwan told them that all the floors could be taken individually. Jun's team took the guards at ground floor. They cleared the way for other 2 teams. And those teams headed for 1st floor.

Coups' team took the guards at 1st floor and gave the way to Joshua's team. They moved ahead cautiously. Joshua led the team.

Vernon was a little worried about him not being able to be upto their standard. Guards noticed something was wrong and started shooting.

Dk and Vernon took the lead this time. All 4 of them finished off the guards. By that time other teams had moved forward to upper floors.

Vernon's team moved forward to help their members. They reached 4th floor. It looked like this floor was heavily guarded, better than others.