Mellifuous Attraction {Final} (edited last part)

Mellifluous Attraction {Oneshot}

a/n. This oneshot is inspired by my inspiration and my sort of experience... Or atleast the experience I want to experience(sorta).

 

It's him again.. Lee Hyukjae. Brown hair, wonderful eyes, nice lips and a good body. He was on stage dancing to the music that for me, wasn't there. Only silence in my ears and only him in my eyes. Have you ever felt that? Well I Hyoyeon do, and for so many reasons, I hope it would stay like that. Just him in my eyes, and hopefully me in his eyes.

 

The music was blasting throughout the gym as people practiced and practiced for the performance. It was never ending! None of them stopped for breaks and it's been like 10 to 20 minutes! Seriously! Maybe that's how those guys get all abs and no flabs.

 

You see, every last day of school there will be performances. Most of the performances will be dance due to the many students who enrolled in that club itself. I'm not in the club though, I love dancing, I just never got to show it to someone. So what club am I? If you're wondering, I'm in the newspaper club, a weird name for a group but I suppose the person who invented the name got drunk or just doesn't care about us. The club's fine for me though, since I get to write about dance anyway.

 

Finally the girls' team were up next, I bet the guys finally realize how tired they are. I waited patiently as the girls sassed about so many things before going up the stage. Since I'm nearer to them, the things they talk about are either boys or less makeup. Too bad I'm just a part of the audience and not going to be one of those girls. I guess gossiping about stuff and complaining about less make-up doesn't match me at all. I sighed as some started blabbing and quarrelling. Oh the drama.

 

If you're wondering why I'm in the gym and not outside waiting, is because I'm more of an assistant slash producer slash host slash camerawoman. I'm not a writer just yet, I mean I will still write but that's only after the performance. My cousin told me that he can let me interview the team captain which is ofcourse, Eunhyuk. Isn't that wonderful?

 

So today, I've got so many jobs... I'm not even getting paid. I'm not sure if I should thank my cousin though. He got me to do this job and briefly stated, "Eunhyuk would be there." Ofcourse I had to go! I would have a chance to see him practice! But seeing your campus crush wasn't exactly helpful. It's more of distracting. It's hard assisting when right infront of you is a guy who's dancing really... um hotly? Is that even a word? *coughs*

 

As I said, I'm not sure if I should thank him because he keeps nagging me to do things and how to MC for later. After awhile of scoldings and blabbings, he handed me a camera to take pictures before the actual performance. He gave me a weird look before he handed the camera. Obviously it means, I have to take a picture of 'everything' and 'everyone', not just one thing and someone.

 

I looked outside to see many of the students waiting in line. I fixed my shirt and jeans, as I headed to my chair that's labeled "MC". I placed the camera on the desk and whipped my hair behind my back. I took a ponytail and tied my long hair slowly. I took the camera and snapped lots of pictures before the music died down.

 

"Okay practice is over! Go to your posts!" My cousin said as he shooed the other performers and students of the stage. The teachers helped the students' clothes and hair before sitting down. My eyes were still on Eunhyuk who was going down the stage briskly.

 

He went closer to me and I swear in that moment... I had no idea what to do. Why is he coming closer to me? Is there something on my face? I wiped my face with my hand and fixed my hair. He was still coming closer and I froze. Oh god oh god. When he was right infront of me, our eyes locked. "H-hi." I managed to say. He gave me a smug smile and pointed to the floor. I looked down to see my feet on top of my cousin's bag. I looked closer to see a tag, "Lee Hyukjae" Oh come on, no . I should have noticed that earlier!

 

I gulped and handed him the bag, hoping that my shoes were clean. He took the bag and left with a blank face. Oh come on Hyoyeon! What a first impression! I mentally cursed myself as I saw my cousin laughing at me. He did that on purpose did he? Aish! He said that it was his bag! I gave him a look but he continued laughing. I cupped my face out of embarassment.

 

I felt a tap on my shoulders to see my cousin holding a mic. "Yah Hyeoyeon! MC time!" He grinned foolishly so I hit him... With the mic. BOOYEAH! He groaned and I just smirked. I went up the stage to check the schedule at the backstage before taking a look at my script again. I turned my head to see students and teachers going in and I was downright nervous.

 

I gulped, I can do this. "I can do this." I muttered as I tried to clear my head.

 

"Good luck." I looked up to see Eunhyuk smiling at me, more of smirking at me but I'll consider it as a smile. All I did was nod at him because I have no idea what to say to him. His first impression of me is embarassing enough. But shouldn't I say something? Like a thanks or atleast one word? "Anyway see ya." Too late. He left, I just watched him leave.

 

"Hyoyeon!" My cousin whispered at me from the other side of the backstage. "Start now!" I nodded and my heart started pounding. Okay, I can do this. I walked to the center of the stage calmly with a smile.

 

"Good afternoon everyone! Today is another last school day of this school year...." I continued as from time to time, I check my phone. It's no biggie if I don't memorize the script so I used my phone to do the work. My speech wasn't long because I forced my cousin to make it short or else I'll tell his girlfriend he's cheating on her. LOL. But that issue is over though, so back to my story.

 

I went in the backstage to be greeted by an anchovy with a gummy smile. "Want a marshmallow?" He handed me the package. I shrugged and took one quickly before he could notice my tomato red cheeks. He grinned one more time before getting his jacket on a chair then heading out. I ate the marshmallow and headed back out again. MC-ing became so much easier now.

 

"And last but not the least!...E.T!!" Eunhyuk's team. While the audience were shouting out the team members' names', I quickly sat down on my MC chair to watch. The music started playing and as always he was at the center. All of them wore the same costume but he was the only one with a cap.

 

It felt like their practice all over again; my eyes on him. I couldn't hear the music playing, and my imagination is fooling with my brain as the spotlight glowed only at him. It was beautiful, I wanted this feeling to stay. Everything was so calm and serene, but then... he looked at me. BOOM. My world has just collapsed people, it just collapsed.

 

I looked away trying to distract myself, the music changed as they danced to something else. I turned to look at Eunhyuk again. He wasn't looking at me anymore, he was smiling at the audience. Was he even looking at me awhile ago? It felt like a dream. The performances ended as I continued being the MC. When everything was all over, my cousin gave me a pat on the back and a thumbs up. He held my hand and we went backstage.

 

Eunhyuk was waving at his other teammates and turned to us. Oh right the interview. My cousin smiled at before leaving. I was shocked at first. I forgot all about the interview and now my cousin is just going to leave me?! Alone with Eunhyuk? "So hi." He said.

"Hi." I said back. He laughed and got a chair. The chair's back was facing me and he sat on it, placing his arms on the chair.

"So... What's up?" He chuckled. This was so embarassing. I coughed and took out a pen and paper

"Um.." I started. Think of anything Hyoyeon, no wait not just anything! Oh right dance! "Um, when did you start dancing--?"

"When I was inspired by someone." Wow he answered quickly.

 

I wrote that down and pressed the question some more. "Who inspired you?" I was ofcourse curious, maybe I'll be inspired by the same person too. He didn't answer quickly though, his eyes were steady on mine. After a few seconds of an awkward silence, he finally spoke up.

"Just someone I saw once." I looked at him curiously, I wanted to know the story. He must have read my mind because he continued. "When I was younger, I've always wanted to dance... I just didn't show anyone how I dance so I'm not sure if I'm good or not... But then I saw this girl. She was dancing infront of the school's mirror. It was so beautiful... So beautiful." I sighed. So he likes someone.

 

Another awkward silence rose until he coughed and started laughing. I didn't write anything down though, I asked more questions and ended up chatting with him. So I was right, he did like that girl. "I want her to dance again, but when we grew up she stopped dancing. She was always busy doing school work."

"Aren't you guys friends?" I asked, trying to give him advice. He shook his head.

"No just schoolmates."

"Oh... Is she my classmate?" I asked nervously. It was obvious I was getting jealous. He laughed.

"Um--"

 

"Hyukjae!" I turned to see a really pretty girl. My heart was beating fast, was this the girl he was talking about? I looked at her closely. Oh! She's my classmate! So that was what Eunhyuk was about to say? I shrugged feeling a bit low.

"Oh hey Hyo!" He said and hugged that girl. Hyo? We have the same name? Oh come on! We're classmates and now we have the same name? OMFG! Of all people! FML.

"Let's go!" She said as she pulled his arm. Eunhyuk laughed.

"Wait, you go ahead first." She pouted but then followed him anyway.

 

"Um Hyoyeon." ...W-wait what? He knows my name? "Let me show you something." He held my hand and led me to a room with a huge mirror. "Dance."

"Huh?" I asked, I was so confused.

 

He went to a stereo and pressed the play button. This song... I used to dance this song before... Wait a minute, he was talking about me? I gave him a look and he replied my look with a smirk. I felt my cheeks heat up as I started dancing. One move made me forget my surroundings, I danced all my heart out. It felt so good.

 

When the music was done playing and I stopped dancing, I felt arms around me. "You should continue dancing." He whispered as he smiled. I was confused. Who was the other Hyo? "I like you." He whispered in my ear. When he was about to leave, I grabbed his hand. This was happening too fast. "Hyoyeon, I'll talk to you tomorrow. Right now my sister wants me to go right away." Sister? And as if he read my mind, he said. "The girl awhile ago, with the same name as you." I nodded.

 

When he left my heart was thumping a lot louder and harder than before. This feeling... It's so beautiful. It's so calm, so sweet, so nice. This attraction will last longer I'm sure. I hope it will stay like that. Because of him, I decided to continue my dancing. He said I've got so much, so much poterntial that I have a chance to even dance on the same stage with him... And that's my next goal.

 

a/n. Done! I hope this is okay!!