Affliction Chapter 3

Affliction

Tao shifted his seat uncomfortably as he watched Lu Han’s battle with Key. He finished his practice a while ago and is now sitting with his best friend, Sehun. He observed Lu Han’s flawless and deadly moves thoroughly.

While Sehun, unlike Tao who got stunned, looked very interested and hyped instead. He watched the battle with excitement and sparkling eyes.

“Hey, that Son of Hades..” Tao paused when Sehun suddenly glared at him.
“His name is Lu Han,” Sehun corrected, irritated.
“Yeah whatever. He’s pretty good at fighting,” Tao continued. Sehun eyed him before nodding and turned his attention back to the arena.


“Such an unexpected battle, the Victor is Son of Hades.........”  the announcer paused. All the people in the arena looked completely speechless except Sehun who was clapping silently, enough to be heard by people around him, but not enough to be heard by the entire stadium. Stupid grin appears on his face. Tao snorted before he holds Sehun’s hands to prevent him from clapping, because basically he’s the only one who makes noise in the arena.

Both of them had a stare battle before Sehun finally lowered his hands.
“What’s wrong with me clapping for him?” Sehun said crossing his arms, almost sulking.
“You are the only one who makes noises. Don’t embarrass me,” Tao warned him sternly, sending him death glares. Sehun scoffed and shook his head, “he deserves my claps anyway.” adding emphasis to the word ‘my’.

“Suit yourself”

>

Chen is now reading a book at the park. He finished the practice already as he was second in turn, and left right away. He hated the crowd and loud cheering noises. Not that he doesn't enjoy the cheers that people made for him as the sign of his victory, he just hated the crowd. While the park is just the perfect place to ran away from anything. From loud noises and from the tense. He likes the sound of the wind, and he likes watching leafs falling down. Basically, he likes peaceful things.

“Excuse me, Chen-ssi,” someone interrupted him. Chen looked up and saw a man wearing a huge reading glasses smiling at him and a man carrying a camera next to him. He immediately stood up and bowed.

Chen smiled warmly at the two. “What can I do for you?”
The one wearing eyeglasses flashed a smile and gestured for all of them to sit down before talking.
“We were hoping to interview you for the El Daily, if you don’t mind?” the man asked, hint of hope in his eyes.
Chen slightly nodded while bookmarking his book. “Sure, why not?”

The man with eyeglasses breathed sigh of relief and offered his hands. They shook hands, then the man pulled away reaching for his pocket. He took a slightly crumpled business card and handed it to Chen. “Now, let’s start, shall we?”

Chen nodded and waited as the man prepared his recording devices. He still waited patiently for another fine five minutes, not touching his book again as the cameramen adjusted the lightning.

“So, Chen-ssi, how is your feeling for always being one of the best in the practice battles?” the man started as the other one carrying the camera captured some photos. Clicking sounds and blinding flashlight actually annoys him, but he kept smiling.

“Oh, no, the others are much better than me. But I feel really thankful,” Chen said, flashing a professional smile

The man nodded. “How do you feel being Zeus’ son?”

“I feel really lucky. Even though I never get a chance to meet or talk with my father, I still love him very much,” Chen said, smile still decorating his face.

“You had the power of lightning, why didn’t you use it at the battles?” the man asked again.

“I feel that maybe using that power would be a disadvantage both for me and my opponent, so I never used it unless there’s a state of emergency,”

“This is the last question. How do you feel being Kris’ brother?”

The smile disappeared from Chen’s face for a second before coming back the moment later. “He is a very good brother. I can always rely on him,”

The interviewer nodded. He turned off the recording devices. He smiled at Chen as he stood up. He offered his hands again and Chen took it.
“Thank you very much and sorry for taking your time, Chen-ssi. We will contact you when the interview is published,” he said.

Chen smiled and nodded as the interviewers walked away from his place. His smile faded as soon as the men can’t be seen anymore and he stood up. He closed his eyes and spread his arms, stretching it. Palms wide open.

Kris.
His eyes shot open and the thunder crashed suddenly. He put down his hands.

Kris.
He walked away from the park as it started to rain. He walked away with a pair of passionate and fiery eyes.

People wondered where the heck did that sudden rain came from, but most of them could care less about the whereabout of the shocking thunder and the pours, all they cared about is how are they going to get home without getting drenched.

Chen could care less.