Chapter 12

You're My Missing Puzzle Piece [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key:

'Naeun's thoughts’ Light Purple/Pink

'Dongwoo's thoughts’ Lime Green

‘Myungsoo’s thoughts' Light Blue

--End of Conversation--

Myungsoo put his phone down and sighed in relief. He has never been so nervous in his life. He smiled for quite a while until reality struck him. 'What's wrong with me? Why am I feeling this way?' He ruffled his hair in frustration. 'Aish! I'm going crazy!' 

>>Christmas Eve<<

-Text Group Chat-

Dongwoo: Hey, want to meet up? How about watching 'The Nutcracker' tonight? 

Myungsoo: Really? A play/musical? Not my thing man ._.

Naeun: Well I think that sounds interesting. I'll go x3

Dongwoo: Great! Meet me by the ticket booth at 7pm. How about you, Myung?

Myungsoo: . . . Fine, I'll go.

Dongwoo: Great! See you two there! o u o/ 

--End of Conversation-- 

By 6:30pm, Naeun was up and about from her nap, getting ready. 

She wore this, gathered their Christmas gifts, then headed for the theater. When she arrived Dongwoo and Myungoo was already there. "Sorry. Did you two wait long?" she said between breaths. She realized how late she was half way there, so she ended up running the rest of the way to the theater. "Not reall--" "Yeah, we did. You're always late, Naeun" Dongwoo said jokingly when he interrupted Myungsoo. Naeun laughed in response. Myungsoo glanced at the both of them as they laughed. 'Why can't I joke with her like that?' "I'm sorry. I was taking a nap and I also gathered your gifts!" She explained as she lifted the bags in her hands. 'Of course, Dongwoo's present is the biggest package. I'm surprised that she could find a bag big enough to fit that Penny board. Wait. Did she say gifts?! What's with the small package? Pfft she's probably going to ask him to marry her' he thought to himself then scoffed even though he knew that that's not how things work. Myungsoo pouted then looked around the area while Naeun gave her gift to Dongwoo. "You can open it now. If you want to" she offered. "Can I?" Dongwoo asked then Naeun nodded in response. "Wha- a skateboard?! Aw. Naeun you shouldn't have" He smiled as he gave her a quick hug.

Although Naeun was hesitant to approach the dull Myungsoo after what happened to them the last time they met up, she walked over to him next and handed over his small packaged gift. His spirit almost instantly lifted when she gave a gift to him. "H-here. I got you a gift as well." Naeun said as she looked away. "I-if you want to, you can open it now, too." Naeun added. 'Ugh! Why do I keep stuttering? I just want to see his reaction.' She thought to herself as she waited for him to open it. 

(The one on the left is for Myungsoo. Since it was on sale for buy one get one free, the worker recommended the one on the right for Naeun since it matched her pure personality.)

Myungsoo looked at her surprised then finally opened her gift. 'How did she--' His eyes widened as he held the bracelet in his hand. "Y-you got me a bracelet?" he stuttered. 'Damn it. Myungsoo, stop stuttering!' "Yeah, do you like it?" she replied as Myungsoo put on the bracelet. "Yeah" he simply answered then smiled. 

"I'd hate to interrupt but the play starts in 5 minutes" Dongwoo said. "Oh right! We should grab our seats! I didn't even buy my ticket yet!" Naeun panicked. "No worries. We already got all of our tickets taken care of. When I say 'we' I mean 'he'" Myungsoo reassured as he pointed to Dongwoo. "Early Christmas present for the both of you" He smiled. They all entered the theater and took their seats with Dongwoo on the left of Naeun and Myungsoo on the right. During the play, Dongwoo was focused on the play more than anyone else. He seemed to enjoy it due to his eyes being glued to the stage. 

As for Naeun and Myungsoo, they kept stealing glances of each other at different times. At one point, they caught their glance and made full eye contact but after a few seconds, she got embarrassed then looked away. When the play ended, they exited the theater. "Hey, maybe you two should take a photo for your project" Dongwoo suggested. Luckily for them Myungsoo takes his camera almost everywhere he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter