Chapter 03

A Boy Who Never
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's a rainy afternoon, Lucas who is at school gazing at the window as the raindrops into the window rails. A classmate of Lucas went to him and gave a paper sheet to him. The paper is about the school's annual performance grading and somehow Lucas doesn't want to think about it. Lucas looked at the tie and it's already 3:30 pm. He remembers that he will meet up with Jungwoo after class. Since the first time that they met, Lucas has been going to the abandoned place that Jungwoo called 'noon castle'

-FLASHBACK-

Lucas: "Noon castle?!"

Jungwoo: "Yeah! since we decided to meet up here during afternoons, and I don't want to call it abandoned castle or rusted castle so I think it's better to call it noon castle right?!"

Lucas: "Whatever you like..."

Jungwoo: "I usually go here after class, I bring my own food, game board, books and other stuff."

Lucas: "You don't feel scared spending time alone in here? how many hours do you usually hang out in here?"

Jungwoo: "Uhmm....3-4 hours?"

Lucas: "Really?!" Lucas thought that he can't see himself spending that long in a place without gadgets and internet.

Jungwoo: "I will show you something." Jungwoo stood up from sitting on the ground and he went out from this screen door. Lucas followed him and he somehow got surprised on what he saw. Lucas looked around and it's a garden, though the green leafy fields are a bit thick the sight of flowers compensate for it and there's this flower tree in the middle of the vast garden. 

Jungwoo: "Isn't this paradise?!" 

Lucas: "It feels like I'm not in the city" Jungwoo cackles and said

Jungwoo: "Yeah...me too when I first step my foot in here, I thought I am somewhere. By the way, you look at that tree, that's a flowering tree but the flowers haven't bloomed yet. I haven't even seen it either."

Lucas and Jungwoo sat down on a broken bench even though it's broken somehow it can still support them.

Jungwoo: "This is the reason why I spend so much time in here, I tend to read books in here with this kind of sight. There's actually a small pond at the back of that flowering tree."  

Lucas: "Do you have any information who owns this place? Isn't it this suppose to be a sale?"

Jungwoo: "I've heard this abandoned place was own by a writer with his lover but I don't know what happened...when I came here there are no any signs if it's up for sale. So you agree now that we call this 'noon castle'?"

Lucas looked at Jungwoo and he nods his head in an agreement.

-END OF FLASHBACK-

Inside of the car, Lucas looked at his phone it's already 4:30 pm, he halted his personal butler to stop the car and said that he just walk by himself. When his personal butler left him making sure that Lucas will call him when he needs help or when he needs to go home, Lucas went to a convenient store and bought some snacks and drinks with him. Lucas finally arrives in the 'noon castle' and saw Jungwoo reading a book on the patio. Jungwoo noticed him and smiles

Jungwoo: "Hey! you bought something too." Lucas who is trying to have a cool image answered Jungwoo in a calm manner

Lucas: "Yeah, I brought foods and drinks."

Lucas and Jungwoo went inside of the abandoned place, Lucas noticed that the area that Jungwoo hangs out somehow cleaned and he thought that maybe Jungwoo cleaned it.

Jungwoo: "How's school? doing well?"

Lucas: "Not really..." Jungwoo who sat down into the broken couch and Lucas who sat down on the floor.

Jungwoo: "Why? did something bad happen? grades? classmates?"

Lucas: "I don't know how to completely explain it but...since I am attending an all-boys school and this school is supposed to be grading stude

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter