Jondae + Chen = ?

Showdown

Chapter 2:

~

Jondae + Chen = ?

~

 

tHrEe years later, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Yuri, Sunny, Hyoyeon, and Jessica turned seventeen; Yoona and Sooyoung turned sixteen; and Seohyun turned fifteen. Where did they go? They decided on Los Angles, California. Why? They wanted a chance to prepare their own careers-together, that is. It was also actually closer to the most of the girls’ birthplace, San Francisco-well kind of close. “I remember when I went to Disneyland…I got lost,” Sunny mumbled when holding a bag of nachos that was melt in hot cheese. Sunny was wearing a short Minnie Mouse shirt, and a hat on her head (like the one in their music video, Beep Beep). “Why?” Yuri asked. Tiffany slapped Yuri’s arm, which made her say “Ow! What was that for…this time?” Tiffany wrote on a piece of paper:

Stupid…why would Sunny want to talk about her old childhood? Remember we got adopted? Sunny’s parents gave her up because her dad had a thirty second memory span, and they didn’t know until Sunny’s mom found him not remembering his own name! They got Sunny lost because of that, and that’s why they dropped her off for adoption!

“Oh…” Yuri replied after she read the paper. Tiffany didn’t know why Yuri would be so stupid in a situation like this…it was…serious. “Never mind, Sunny. I don’t wanna know…” Yuri then muttered. Taeyeon didn’t focus today for some reason. They were supposed to have fun…she guessed. It was the third year since they had been from Chicago to Los Angles…they actually spent three years taking care of themselves, earning money from the streets on how they were so young. Actually, some nicer people gave the girls more than money; it was so nice. With the money they earned, they could rent an apartment, and the nine worked full-time jobs at a fashion designer’s workshop. They were able to design, sew, or accessorize the outfits, and they learned a lot from it. Now, they had enough money from singing on the streets, but the girls guessed that working -as a designer- was much, much better. The girls earned themselves the nickname “The Forever Sisters”. One man would see them perform everyday and they would always stick up for each other, the name still stuck on today. “’Watcha wanna ride?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Isn’t it ‘What do you want to ride’?” Taeyeon asked. Everyone burst into laughter, even Hyoyeon. “Hyoyeon-ah, Taeyeon had only been here for three years, and she’s still better at English-talking than you!” Tiffany laughed. Taeyeon also taught the girls some Korean, and they met a nice man that was Korean who helped them, so the girls were also now very fluent in Korean, their second language. They had also learned some South Korean traditions, which made it awkward meeting new American people. Well, let’s just say that maybe they were actually Korean!

         A sign alerted Tiffany’s eyes, and she raced quickly to it. “What’s the deal with her?” Jessica asked. Jessica has gotten fiercer, but she was still the shy Jessica that she used to be.

         “She probably drank too much Coca-Cola in the morning,” Hyoyeon chuckled. Tiffany’s heart pumped swiftly and quick as she raced towards the sign that had caught her attention. She turned back, motioned for the girls to follow and continued running, not stopping for a quick breath. She ran with all her might so no one could steal her place. The girls (who obeyed) also ran with Tiffany, but unable to beat her to the place she had wanted to go to. “Sign-ups!” She said loudly, and then squatted to catch her breath. She felt as if she was going to pass out. “Sign-ups for what, Fany?” Yoona asked. She was very confused if the sign-ups were to do anything to mess up her face. Tiffany held up a poster and passed it to Yuri so Black Pearl can hold it, so she can continue breathing. “Sign-ups for the Singing Showdown Competition. It’s a one in a lifetime chance! We have to enter,” Tiffany said. She impolitely grabbed a pen from a fellow competitor who was signing up for the competition, too. “Hey!” The competitor yelled.

         “Well, I am very sorry, but I might just-“ As Tiffany turned; something caught her eyes, again! “You’re Kris…the leader of…” She then turned her head to the other nine boys that were standing before her. “The Boyx…the four times winner of the…” her voice trailed off,

         “Of the Singing Showdown Competition? Yes we are,” Kris finished for her.

         “Well, that’s not going to happen this year. We’re winning, and we’re going to break your chances of becoming history-and for beating my idol’s record,” Tiffany declared confidently. Kris chuckled, and then he started to laugh, in which it turned into laughter when he snapped for his band mates to laugh with him. “You think you’re going to break our chances? And who are you, the Girly Girls?”

         “Oh, that is it! We’re going to WIN!” Tiffany added roughly. She then turned her body to look at all the other members. “You think you’re going to win with only ten members? Where’s D.O.? Most importantly, where’s Suho?” Kris sighed, and snapped for one of the members to explain everything to Tiffany. “Suho is in France to promote us, and D.O.’s too busy with his film, ‘Carts’,” the tall, giant (with the orange hair) one spoke.

         A certain someone caught Taeyeon’s attention. She had turned her head upwards to stop looking onto the ground. It was…she wasn’t so sure…her childhood friend? There he was, he was just standing there, looking at her back, with the same worried expression that Taeyeon was having. “No…” Taeyeon whispered.

         “Taengoo, are you okay?” Yuri asked, worrying.

         “I-uh…” Taeyeon stammered. Taeyeon could still hear Tiffany blabber on and on. “YOU RED-EYED CONTACT GUY! I bet that one of my sisters don’t know any one of your weird boys…” Tiffany said. She could hear a “Hey!” in the background. “Taeyeon!” Tiffany’s sharp voice shocked her. She went all the way back and pulled Taeyeon out from the front. Taeyeon’s childhood friends jumped “Taeyeon! Do you know any of these people?” Tiffany asked, concerned.

         “I-uh…” Taeyeon repeated. Tiffany didn’t let Taeyeon hesitate. “See? She doesn’t know anybody.” No, this can’t be right. Taeyeon thought. She rubbed her eyes to see if this was a dream, she even tried to pinch herself, in which most of the boys saw. Tiffany walked backwards, walking away from the boys, and the other boys watched them walk away one by one except Taeyeon. “I KNOW…UH…JONDAE!” She shouted, pointing at her childhood friend. She wished that he was actually Jondae, her childhood friend, or that would be embarrassing. A record seemed to scratch. “Wait…huh?” Tiffany asked, she ran back towards to Taeyeon and looked strictly into her eyes. Taeyeon walked and pulled Jondae from the left from where she was standing. “This is Jondae, my…um…childhood friend. He was my best friend before I found you girls, my sisters.”

         “It’s Chen, now,” Jondae stuttered.

         “Huh?” Now, Taeyeon was confused.

         “Taeyeon, I remember you. I always remembered you. But”-he pulled his hands away from Taeyeon-“I have changed. I’m Chen, now. Just call me Chen, not Jondae”-he looked nervously at Kris-“it’s Chen. I-I’m with the Boyx now. I’m…different.” Taeyeon gasped and wished that she didn’t make a fool out of herself and just kept her friendship with Jondae-er- Chen a secret. Why was she so idiotic? “Well…whatever. Fine. We’ll hold a contest. We’ll sing a medley of songs tomorrow and let the finest judge in Los Angles pick who will be in the competition,” Tiffany stated. A good-looking boy and a blond-haired boy giggled with each other as they said, “Simon Cowell”.

         “Oh, so I see. It’s instant elimination. Your group will get eliminated before anyone actually knows you, so you will be scarred for life and never enter for another singing competition again. All you will do is watch us on TV and envy us,” Kris said as he chuckled.

         “No we won’t! We’ll see tomorrow! In the building closest to the Hollywood sign,” Tiffany shouted and the two groups left as Taeyeon and Chen stared at each other awkwardly.

         Taeyeon signed and reached into her pocket when she felt something rough inside. She pulled the strip of paper out to read it.

Taengoo, meet me on the Hollywood sign tonight at 8:00 sharp. Please be there. I just want to have a private conversation with you without Kris yelling at me for a whole five minutes. Please. Taeyeon…forgive me

And it’s…Jondae. Kris just gave me “Chen”

Taeyeon bit her lip and smiled, blushing non-stop. She followed her group as she noticed they have almost made it halfway through the center to the way home.

 

Author's Note: Ah!!!! Sorry for such a sloppy first chapter, I think the second chapter will be a bit better?