FAMILY BATTLE.

The Diary of a Wonderful Life (pass the feeding bottles and diapers)
Please log in to read the full chapter

KWONs

“I can’t eat anymore” Gabby pushes her plate away from her, leans back and sighs heavily.

DK does the same “I’m about to go crazy already”

Isabella and I exchange looks and sighs at the same time “Girls” I call, looking at my big girls intently “Don’t worry about Dad and Danny …they’re going to be fine”

To be very honest, I’m shaking inside, for I’m anxious and curious as to what’s taking them long. It’s been exactly fifteen minutes since Jiyong left to fetch our son in his room to make him eat and hasn’t come back yet.

“Maybe they’re still talking Noonas” Gabrielle who is eating Isabella’s Strawberry waffles (her specialty) deliciously, tells his sisters.

Russelle nods in agreement “Yeah…maybe they’re still talking…coz…it’s not like Dad can beat Danny Hyung up…right?” he asks while looking at us and no one responds.

If there’s one thing Jiyong can’t ever do to our children, it’s hurting them. My husband can sometimes be so sharp whenever he scolds the kids, but he NEVER even think of spanking them with a belt or a discipline stick like what most parents do (Daryl experienced being spanked by her Dad when she was young and she’ll always tell us the bad effects of it, so none from the three of us even dared to try it).

“Oh my gosh!” I jerk up upon hearing things falling and breaking upstairs.

What the heck are those two doing? No . This is making me dead worried because I feel like one of them flared up and wasn’t able to control his feelings, causing him to break things and go completely mad and wild.

“Oh shh…” Isabella is about to say “” but because we have a strict rule of not swearing in front of the little twins, she paused even before she spits the word out.

“Danny and Dad!” Gabby rushes out of the dining room and all of us follow.

More like running, we reach the second floor in a flash. With Darielle and Miracle on my sides, Karielle and the big twins behind me, and the big girls leading us to the boys’ room, my heart starts racing REALLY FAST (I can actually feel the top of my head pulsating).

“OH MY!” the big girls shriek upon hearing another noise from the room.

They turn to me looking nervous and worried “What are we going to do Mum?” DK who is in less panic than her two sisters, asks.

I take a deep breath to calm myself and clear my mind. Oh please! They are not fighting, right? Please, someone tell me they’re not, because if they are, both of them are going to get it from me, most especially Jiyong (Shoot me! Up until now, after YEARS of being together, I still don’t know how to punish my husband in an intense way no matter how big his mistake is).

“I’ll go in first” the door’s not locked. My hand is shaking while gripping the knob tightly.

“Mum” Gabby calls when I’m about to open the door already.

It made me flinch. I turn to her “What?”

She smiles a little “Be careful…you know…in case some flying object comes swishing at you the moment you open the door”

My crazy daughter. How can she even think of such thing in this situation? Oh well, thanks to her, we had a good laugh.

“Do you want to wear a helmet Mum? I think that’ll help…BIG TIME” Russelle says, making his siblings laugh again.

“Oh pssh!” Isabella sighs and crosses her arms on her chest “Let’s just open this”

And my eldest does the work instead of me. The moment the door opens, Jiyong’s voice rings my ear. It’s obvious that he’s in rage and Danny is making things bad, for he’s talking back which is not typical of him.

“YOU WANT TO FIGHT…HUH! YOU WANT TO FIGHT?” Jiyong is pushing our son so hard that he’s already stumbling back.

“WHAT? YOU THINK YOU’RE A MAN NOW? HUH?” he continues “YOU WANNA BEAT THE HELL OUT ME…HUH PUNK?”

My gosh! This is by far the most action-packed morning I ever had since our lives became Lauren-free.

“YES!” Danny walks forward, his chest so near to Jiyong’s. He’s looking him in the eyes but I cannot seem to see anger in them.

Jiyong smirks and pushes Danny away from him really hard that he fell on the floor.

OH MY SWEET CAKES! The floor that I made sure is squeaky clean last night before the boys go to bed is in total mess for almost all of the things on the boys’ study desks are scattered all over the place.

“I can smell my perfume” I hear DK whisper behind me.

Yeah. It reeks. I don’t know how it got here, but her favorite bottle of perfume that is given by TOP (she treasures it more than anything), is on the floor, in pieces, with its liquid spilled all over the carpet.

“NO!!!!!!” my daughter pushes her way to the front, angrily “STOP IT!” she shouts at Danny and Jiyong.

WOAH! Since when did DK learn how to get mad and shout? For all we know, she’s very soft spoken. Daryl even teases her by saying that DK can do almost anything, except getting mad and shouting (she shouts like a cockroach (that’s if you’ve already heard a cockroach shout)).

Thankfully, they stop.  Jiyong and Danny looks shock and it’s just now that I’ve noticed that my husband doesn’t really look angry at all (he’s just giving that feeling because of his loud voice). In fact, if I didn’t know that he’s somewhat furious about our son causing trouble, I’ll think that he’s just acting.

“Seriously” DK walks to Danny “You’re a jerk!”

“BABY!” I run to her but too late, her fist landed on her brother’s right cheek already.

“OMO!” Jiyong gasps in surprise.

“YOU’RE REALLY A JERK! HOW CAN YOU FREAKIN’ TALK BACK TO DAD? FOR YOUR INFORMATION…YOU’RE AT FAULT HERE…YOU’RE THE ONE TO BLAME FOR ALL YOUR TROUBLES BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPIDITY!” DK is venting out her anger at Danny because of her broken perfume bottle.

“AARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!” she screams in high pitch (like any other girls), and walks out of the room.

“Follow your sister” I tell Gabby and Isabella who obeys and even takes the rest of the children with them.

Seriously, what is happening to this household? Why do I feel like we’re falling apart? How did they even get into this situation?

A while ago, I’m so positive that our problem with Danny will be solved already, but now, I don’t even know. It’s turning out to be a hopeless case and it really .

“Jiyong” I can’t hold back my tears anymore, and soon enough, they’re rolling down my cheeks non-stop already.

“What the heck is this all about?” I ask weakly and crouch down with my arms hugging my knees and head tucked in. “Why are you guys being like this? Why are you doing this to me?”

I’m sure my husband can feel my pain, for I’ve never bawled like this in a long time. I look like a kid who is being bullied.

“Aigoo” Jiyong crouches in front of me, lifts my head up, and looks into my eyes with a smile on his face.

My eyebrow goes up right away upon seeing him smiling. “What the ! You can still smile? Are you freakin’ crazy Jiyong?” I ask in disbelief.

Danny chuckles and joins us “Mum” he calls and pulls me up to stand. He hugs me tightly “We’re so sorry”

These two are making me insane. What are they really up to? A minute ago they sounded like they’re about to eat each other raw, and now, here they are, smiling like fools with my son’s arm around his Father’s shoulder like nothing happened.

“Oh please!” my patience is only just a drop.

“Babe” Jiyong stretches out his arms, signaling me to come to him, which I didn’t do.

“Are you going to tell me what’s going on or I’m gonna be the one beating the hell out of the both you? I swear…I can skin you both clean using my bare hands right now” I threaten and they suddenly look alarmed.

Like DK, I’m a soft spoken person who rarely gets mad (except if Jiyong is being an ). As far as I can remember, the last time I completely go ballistic was upon seeing Lauren and Jiyong, all , in our bed and seeing Lauren at the police station so many years ago (that’s the last time I saw her actually, and I’m praying to God to not see her EVER again).

“Babe” Jiyong comes close but I move back “Ok…Ok…we’re just…” he turns to Danny who looks like he’s about to wet his pants in fear already “We’re just…trying to….”

“Kwon Jiyong…I’m not in the mood to hear you slow talking” I tell him impatiently.

“We….we’re just….”

“We’re just playing around Mum” Danny spits out and I swear I nearly threw the bed at them (if only I can).

Mixed emotions (but definitely angry), I stare at them until my eyes dry and hurt. My whole body is shaking and I’m so sure that once my “Attack” button is pressed, I will forget that I’m a Mother and a Wife, because seriously, pranking me when our family is in deep is totally out of the equation. IT’S UNFORGIVEABLE!

“Babe” Jiyong’s playful and cheeky smile is doubling my annoyance. This man will really get it from me.

“Don’t…” I spank his hand when he’s about to touch my arm “in’….touch me”

“Clean up…I don’t want to see a single piece of paper on the floor…or even smell DK’s perfume…I want that carpet clean…I WANT THIS ROOM TO BE SPOTLESS!” I exclaim.

And I walk out stomping my feet. My blood is at its highest boiling point, causing my body to shake more.

“Mum!” Isabella runs to me “How are they? Why did you leave them?”

“They are s” I tell her in rage, earning a curious and shocked look from her (she hears me curse and swear in the office, especially when I’m under pressure and stressed, but never, in our house).

“What’s going on?” she leads me to the couch and made me sit “Mum” she touches my knees and stare into my eyes “I know that the situation you’re in is totally hard…especially now that Dad and Danny are clashing like hell”

I smirk “Clashing?” then slap the leather throw pillow beside me “They are playing a prank on us a while ago” I blurt out and she gasp in shock “Uh-huh…the noise…the shouting…the breaking of things…IT’S ALL PART OF THE PRANK!”

This is the very first time I ever snapped out like this. Jiyong and our children have played loads of annoying pranks on me throughout the years, but this is the most annoying and rage-worthy of them all.

And because I can’t take whatever is going on in this house, I decided to just leave and take a breather. It’s still so early to shop (and I’m not in the mood to splurge), in a simple day dress and no bath, I go out and walk to Daryl and You

Please log in to read the full chapter