Entry Three

Night Like This

“I heard that it’s illegal to ride the bike like this these days,” Irene mumbled as she held on Wendy’s waist right after get she got on the bicycle that they had just borrowed from the ahjumma at the store.

Lucky for the two of them, the ahjumma was kind enough to lend her bicycle to two young ladies whom she had just met for the first time.

They did promised her that they would be coming back to return the bike though.

“Don’t worry, there aren’t a lot of people around at this time,” Wendy smiled and lightly patted Irene’s arm. “Are you ready?”

“Mhm, don’t be too fast now-Ahhh!!”

Her words were cut off the moment Wendy started cycling in full speed, not listening to the older girl again.

“Wooho!!”

“Y-Yah! Slow down!”

And so, the streets to the way back to their dorm were filled with the screams of a girl terrified for her life along with the laughter of the girl who was enjoying the whole thing.

It was definitely one of the memorable days for Wendy that summer.

And Irene’s as well.

For what it seems to be forever for Irene, they finally arrived at their dorm as the sun starts to rise and Wendy was more than energetic after the bicycle ride.

“Phew, that was fun unnie,” she grinned and turned around to face the older girl.

Irene then flicked Wendy’s forehead in return, earning a small whimper from the younger girl.

“What was that for unnie?” she pouted.

“I thought that I was gonna die back there.”

“But you’re perfectly well, and still gorgeous too,” Wendy playfully winked to which got Irene to blush when she got off the bike.

“Tch.”

The older out of the two quickly marched towards their dorm, leaving Wendy behind with her usual cheeky smile.

“Wait up!”

-

“Oh wow, did you really cycle your way back here?” Seulgi looked over to the girl who was about the same age as she is, giving her a look of disbelief.

“I really did, it was quite fun as well,” she laughed and rested her back against Irene who was busy chatting with their maknae. “Right unnie?”

“Hmm?” Irene turned around a bit to take a glance at Wendy. “What were you saying just now?”

“Oh, we were talking about how I cycled all the way to the dorm with you,” Wendy grinned.

“Oh right, remind me not to ride a bike with you in the future,” Irene rolled her eyes and picked up the conversation that she left behind with Joy.

Wendy pouted in response and upon seeing this, a soft chuckle escaped from Seulgi before patting the Canadian girl’s head. “Nawh, I’ll ride with you then.”

“You’re the best Seulgi!” she beamed and pecked Seulgi’s cheek.

Irene on the other hand, saw the kiss that Wendy had just gave to Seulgi from the reflection of the mirrors in the practice room and she felt a tiny bit jealous.

Why was that really?

It was probably because of the stupid glance that she took at Wendy’s lips last night, she tried to reason with herself.

Although she was still wondering on how it soft they were.

Wendy’s lips.

“Girls, you may go home now. We’re done for the day,” their dance instructor whom came out of nowhere suddenly spoke up.

Irene was probably too occupied with her thoughts that she didn’t realized that their dance instructor had returned to the practice room.

“Oh? We’re finishing off early today unnie?” Joy dusted off her pants as she stood up from the floor, the rest of them doing the same a few seconds later.

“Well there’s a get together dinner held by the company for all the staffs, so there’s no one to watch over you guys.”

“Ah, I see,” the maknae nodded and gave a mischievous glance towards the rest of the girls, smiling inwardly at the word dinner.

It was quite early as well so the girls didn’t have to worry about eating as much as they want.

-

“Let’s go for Tangsuyuk!”

“I want chicken!”

“I’m with Joy, I want chicken as well! Along with pizza!”

Irene shook her head at the sight of the younger girls arguing over what to order for dinner.

They are still kids after all.

It was quite tiring looking after them sometimes as the oldest one but nevertheless, Irene enjoyed their company.

Irene was never the one to speak up a lot and initiate a conversation and she was often misunderstood for that.

Some people even said that she was stuck up for not being friendly to people when the fact is, she was just shy to people.

The girls on the other hand, understood that and she was thankful for being able to be in a group with them.

Their maknae even mentioned to her once that she likes her a lot because of that trait.

“Let’s order all of them then,” Irene laughed. “As long as you can finish all of them.”

“But Tangsuyuk doesn’t go well with chicken,” Wendy whined.

“Then you don’t have to eat the chicken and pizza,” Seulgi butted in, grinning chilidishly.

“But I want to eat all of them!”

“Then you can just eat, what’s the problem pabo?” she stuck her tongue out to Wendy.

“Yah, how dare you call me a pabo you bear!” Wendy laughed and leaped towards the other girl before giving her a tickle attack.

It was times like this that Irene appreciates the most.

And she would just stand by the side while watching their maknae trying to settle down the argument between the two 94-liners.

It was probably better this way, she thought.

She wouldn’t want to ruin the relationship within the group just because she did something crazy to Wendy.

Like kissing her, maybe.

 

-TBC- 

I'm sorry that I couldn't give you people long chapters, sobs.