crush

Run A Little Faster

 


CRUSH
 

 


 

Daehyun wakes up with Krystal plastered onto his side. He blinks his eyes open, strands of hair tickling his eyelashes, and is, at first, disoriented with the beam of white light shining right into his face. He grunts groggily and raises his arm, his palm hovering in the air where light is blinding him, casting a hand-shaped shadow on his face. He lets out a sigh. Fresh duvets and a soft bed feel nice after weeks of having to stay in some tiny hotels with hard beds. 

He hears some shuffling and he feels someone stand in front of him. He pries his right eye open, a silhouette coming into view; he can't quite see the face, but he can see brown hair and a white t-shirt. 

"Sorry," a male, hoarse voice says. 

A shiver runs down his spine.

The boy goes to shut the blinds. Daehyun's eyes hum in comfort, the blinding lights gone from his eyelids, and when he opens them, he sees the boy walk away. He's seriously confused for a moment.

Who the hell was that? 

Daehyun is bad at remembering names, but he's good at remembering faces, and that dude was not there yesterday, was he? 

He sits up, looking at the man's retrieving, sleepy form. He's literally swaying on his feet. Dark hair, long legs, bare foot, nicely trimmed hair. He's tall and has rather dark skin. He goes to the kitchen and Daehyun watches as he pours himself a glass of water. Since the living room (where he and his siblings are sleeping) are connected to the kitchen, he can see the man's every movement, and he looks like a total zombie. His eyes are half-lidded, his movements are slow and clumsy, and he knocks down a glass, not even reacting to it like a normal human being (or more than that, a werewolf, because Daehyun assumes he is one) by catching it immediately. No, he stares at the knocked-over glass like he sees it for the first time in his life. 

It takes five seconds more for him to finally start pouring the water, and even that he does excruciatingly slowly.

Daehyun hates slow people.

Then the man pouts a little while he's pouring the water, and Daehyun is suddenly reminded of that little boy from yesterday. Well, not exactly 'little'; when Daehyun saw him in the evening, he looked around twelve. Daehyun blamed it on the drugs, he really did (after all, when he first got introduced to Kai, he looked, like, six), and now he's seeing the same person for the third time and he's not sure what's happening.

The boy gulps the water down, places the glass in the sink, and exits the kitchen, heading back into the bedroom, which means that Daehyun was right and this guy is, in fact, Kai. Only he looks around seventeen now.

He glances at Daehyun as he slowly walks past him, lets out some kind of an acknowledging grunt and then mutters a 'goodnight'. Daehyun feels attacked. First of all, it's morning. Second of all, he is fine. 

Kai, that is, not Daehyun. Daehyun is fine too, but when it comes to his current state of body and mind, while when he thinks about Kai

"Oh my God," Krystal grumbles. "Who's thinking this loudly so early in the morning?" 

Daehyun thinks about puppies, rainbows and koalas. As on cue, some dog's wet nose comes into view and the next thing he knows, the animal is licking his face. He tries to squirm away. 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

"Okay," you say, sitting down on the opposite side of the table, facing Jessica. All the Jung siblings are sitting in front of you like children waiting for a school lecture. You place your hands on the top of the table, bracing yourself for 'the talk' and for questions. Junsu looks very serious. Yunho is doing something with his leg under the table, not really focused on you (nor Kai, who's sitting beside you). Jessica is just as serious as Junsu, but she's also squinting a little, which makes you wonder if she shouldn't wear glasses.

"She lost her contact lenses," Krystal explains the second that thought pops up in your mind. You roll your eyes. 

"No mind reading without permission," you scold. "I swear I'm gonna make a restraining charm for you." 

Krystal winks at you. Daehyun stiffles his laughter.

"Okay," you say, taking a deep breath. "So, mythological monsters and creatures," you start. "All real." 

"Even vampires?" Daehyun whispers, leaning over the table a little. 

"Do not say the 'v' word," Chanyeol reminds him from the couch. So your 'talk' isn't as subtle or intimate as you'd have hoped. 

"Chanyeol," you say, "aren't you supposed to study, or something?" 

"This is far more amusing," Yeol replies. 

"Our talk or Adventure Time?" Kai asks, glancing at the TV screen where Finn is explaining something to Jake. 

"Both," Chanyeol answers and you can almost hear him grinning. He probably is; you can't see since his back is turned towards you.

"Anyways," you say, shaking your head. "Uh. Yeah. Witches, wendigos, uh, vetalas, demons, Hellhounds...all real!" 

The Jungs have a matching set of confused, disbelieving faces. 

"Well, I mean," Krystal speaks up, "we saw a trickster, a witch, and a Djinn, so I'm not exactly surprised." 

"And our teacher told us that there's more magic in the world than we think," Junsu points out. 

"Yeah, but I always thought that old man was mental," Yunho scoffs. Jessica kicks him under the table and he squeals, his leg shooting up. He knees the table and groans in pain even further. Kai jumps in his seat. 

"Oh my God, mind the table," he hisses. "Luhan fell on top of it last week, I seriously don't think it can take even more violence." 

You, Daehyun and Krystal all giggle at the same time. Kai glares at you all. 

"Okay, okay," you say. "We'll just...ease you into it," you say, gasping a little in laughter. "It's good that you know and aren't freaked out by it. You should've seen some of 'the talks' we've had before." 

"Chanyeol just thought 'two out of ten, would not recommend'," Krystal informs you.

"Hey!" Yeol protests. This time everyone laughs, Chanyeol too. 

"I'm never gonna finish this monologue," you say, chuckling. "But okay, yeah, we, as in the whole pack, think that you guys should stay here. In the city. With us."

"It's not this simple," Junsu says right off the bat. "We still have an apartment back in Eumseong. All the papers are signed and so on. We have to pay the rent." 

"Can't you just move out?" Kai questions. 

"No," Junsu shakes his head. "Even if we wanted to, it'd mean paying the rest for the next two years while also living here and paying for a place here, if we found one." 

"Unless we change the rental contract," you say. The siblings all look at you, frowning, and it looks adorable. "Amber can do that. Everything is online these days; tell us the name of the firm that rents you the apartment, the number of your account and the firm's account, and you're free to leave." 

"For reals?" Krystal asks, her eyes taking you in hungrily. She's probably going through your thoughts. "But—" 

"Isn't that illegal?" Jessica questions, looking a bit nervous. It's a weird look on her. You smile.

"Stop smiling," Kai tells you, elbowing you.

"I can't," you reply.

"We're talking about fraud, here, Dal, at least pretend you're not okay with it," Kai tells you. Then, to the siblings, "We only do this when we have to." 

"Sure," Krystal says, grinning. Kai sends her a look and raises his brows. "Yes, I do," Krystal says to whatever he wanted to voice. She probably doesn't even realize she does it, you note, as Kai snorts a little and leans back in his seat. You glance at Daehyun to see him staring at Kai, eyes shiny, and you feel uncomfortable all of a sudden. Back in the other universe, Daehyun had a crush on Ilsig - your evil equivalent - and he and Kai didn't really get along. You don't really want something like this happen again. 

You realize your mistake a second too late. You quickly glance at Krystal to see her staring widely at you. 

Later, you think to her, staring her in the eyes. Krystal swallows hard.

"What about work?" Kai asks. "Where did you guys work? College?" 

"It's a bit hard to go to college when you don't have parents and your brothers make minimum wage," Jessica points out. 

"Well, I won't make minimum wage," Junsu points out. "I only just finished my PhD thesis. I can work as a doctor anytime. Pediatrician, to be exact." 

At this, even Chanyeol raises his head from the couch and looks at Junsu with awe.

"Dude," he says in awe.

 

 

*

 

 

 "Kyungsoo said he's gonna look around for some apartments or homes," you say to Kai, dabbing a finger inside the pancake batter. You lick it off, humming around the taste, and you hear Kai grunt. You glance at him to see his head turned away from you and his ears red. You giggle, shoving him lightly with your elbow. "Stop it." 

"No, you stop it," Kai says, turning towards you again, his face mere inches from yours. "You're doing it on purpose. The whole day," he adds, looking down at your lips, then up at your eyes again. "Mind telling me why?" 

"No reason," you say. "Can't I flirt with you sometimes?" you add.

"Well, today you're setting a new record." 

You dab a finger in the batter and make a move to smear it all over his nose, but he tilts your head, so your fingers ends up on his lips. You laugh when you see his whole mouth smeared with it, and your hand hovers in-between you too as you gasp in fear. 

"Shit," you say, giggling. Kai grabs your wrist and

—licks your finger clean. 

He doesn't even do it in a sensual way, he literally just swallows all the batter from your finger and freaking hums at the taste, just like you did before. You blush, feeling yourself growing hot, and you shove at him again, letting out a loud 'eww' sound. 

"Ugh, saliva!" you shout, waving your hand around like it's infected. Kai pounces at you, kind of, standing behind you and hugging you close to his chest while simultaniously kissing the side of your neck and huffing a breath there.

"Oh gosh, no, no tickles!" you shriek, trying to shake him off, but it's no use; he bites at your jaw and you squeal again, and then he decides to just tickle your belly, his arms disappearing from your shoulders. "Kai! I swear to God—"

You turn on your heels, coming face-to-face with him, and realizing that he still has batter all over his mouth. You stare at it for three long seconds before you start giggling uncontrollably, and Kai pins you to the counter, trapping you between it and himself. 

"You have dried batter all over your lips, you moron," you say, wiping his lips with your open palm. Kai makes a face, arching his body away, his hips still flush with yours. "Now you have to actually wash it." 

The second your palm leaves his lips, he comes to peck you on your own. You feel the sweet batter and his warm touch, and you laugh, pulling away. You lick your lips. 

"Bathroom, water, now," you say. 

"Don't want to go yet." 

If a few years ago someone told you Kai is this big of a fluffball and that you would never get enough of each other in the future, you'd slap them in the face and scream. Then probably cry because of how unreal their words sounded. But now you had Kai right in front of you - smiling, holding you close, not ready to let you go, even though you see each other every day. It's the cheesiest thing you've ever experienced.

You hear footsteps and Daehyun suddenly enters the living room, Junsu trotting behind him. You glance up at them. Kai makes a move to step back from you, but before he does, Daehyun looks at you and stumbles over nothing.

He falls. Junsu lets out a surprised yelp. Kai and you freeze as he hits the floor, but Daehyun stands up right away, looking around like a scared chicken. 

"Uh," Junsu says, frowning at his younger brother.

"You okay?" Kai asks, stepping away from you, also frowning. Daehyun looks at him, dazed. 

"Parkour," he says, and thinks, I'm fucked.

 

 

 


Have a low-key plot twist XD

OKAY so last week I totally missed some questions that you guys have sent in. Like. I just noticed I had two notepads files (one on my desktop and the second one in my RALF folder) and I TOTALLY DIDN'T REPLY TO SOME QUESTIONS. Why did you keep quiet about this??? Orz I apologizeeee here are the questions I forgot to answer. And pls forgive me XDDD

 

Q&A
continuation (bc I'm dumb)

 

 

What presents the pack have for each other?
Suho: We can't tell you because it's a surprise.
Sehun: For all of us!


 

To Strawberry Couple: KIDS. Yay or nay? And Kai please talk more or else I'm gonna start thinking you're mute. :/
Kai and Dal in unison: Yay.
Kai: I talk plenty.
Dal: *snorts*

 

 


I've got a question to Kai though. How does he feel about Dal and Kyungsoo calling each other cheesy names before, you know whenever she's in a bad mood (chapter seventeen to be exact)?
Kai: It's nice.
Dal: I deserve all the cheesy names, tbh.

 

 

 I really want know if maybe Sehun likes Sulli...its kinda cute couple...^^
Sehun: Sure I like her. What's there not to like?
Chanyeol: I think they meant it in a different way

 

 

 

Question for the Strawberry Couple: How do u feel abt being apart and the long distance relationship? Will u miss each other much? Trust? How often r u gonna meet? What abt ur skinship? Kai r u gonna miss her kisses and others? ;)
Kai: I don't feel too optimistic about it.
Dal: *rolls her eyes* Do you ever feel optimistic about anything?
Kai: You can't feel negative about banana milk, can you? And of course I'm gonna miss her.
Dal: *mutters* I'm gonna miss him too.
*silence*
Chen: *from another room* Guys, there's more questions there!
Kai and Dal: *depressed af*
Xiumin: I don't think they can hear us.

 

 

Question for everyone: When r u guys gonna go on adventures like the old days? Dont grow too fast! Education isnt everything ehheh
Kris: I think we get plenty of adventures.
Luhan: *slaps him on the shoulder* She was obviously talking to the youngsters.
The rest: *bursts out laughing at the word 'youngsters'*   

 

 

 Question for Dal: How do u feel abt leaving Kai, long distance relationship :( how r u gonna make up 4 it?
Dal: I'll try to handle it as best as I can. There's not much I can do about it.

 

 

 Question for Kai: How do you feel abt Dal leaving and when do u plan on getting together with her, what will you do and anything special planned for her for Christmas?
Kai: Not too good. And I don't know, I'll meet with her when we both have time for it. And no, I don't have anything special planned yet.

 


 

Thanks for the quesions and once again, sorry for being late with answering them.

From another news: I recently requested for a poster for RWW. I never really request posters (except for The Seoul Saints) but I found this realllyyy amazing shop and yeah. Wanted to show the poster to you guys because I really like it and thought you'd like it too. Here it is:


 

I really like it ;A; I got it here. You should def check out this girl's work, it's really original.

Thanks for reading marshmallow caramel fudges! And happy new year! <3