7: Fire meets Darkness

Living as a Vampire III

HYO

   "Did you really saw Hyoyeon eonnie moved her fingers?" I asked Seohyun eonnie.

 

  She nodded, "Yes, I saw her fingers moved but she still unconscious." She answered and looked to Seulgi eonnies. "Maybe she's in her trance." She guessed, "Trance? What do you mean?" I asked her.

 

  I heard Steph eonnie sighed, "It means she's looking for her physical body, in short, she's dreaming." She answered. "If someone drained her powers completely, it will leave the victim having a trance... plus, it also caused her to lose half of her memories." She said, "Till when will she be like that?" Seohyun eonnie asked.

 

  "Until she gave signs, if you'll excuse me, eonnies." Seulgi eonnie bowed and walked off the room.

 

  "So," Stephanie eonnie looked to us in a timid way, "What now?"

 

  Seohyun eonnie looked to us then looked down and sighed, "I don't know, I guess we have to wait." She finally gave in. Then Steph eonnie shrugged off and got out of the room, few minutes later me and Seohyun eonnie got out of the room also.

 

  "Eonnie," She cocked her head on my direction, "I have to go down to the laboratory to discuss something with Irene eonnie and Joy eonnie, can you come with me for a while?" I said. She smiled and nodded, "Sure."

 

  We headed down to the laboratory and went inside, I saw Joy eonnie studying some blueprints. "You called me, eonnie?" I greeted with a smile, Joy eonnie tilted her head and smiled. "Oh, there you are! Finally!" She walked closer to me like I was the one important here. "Hi there, Seo eonnie." Joy greeted eonnie also, Seohyun eonnie gave her a blissful smile.

 

  Joy eonnie grabbed my arm and drag me somewhere, "Now, Hyo. Do you have in mind on how to make elemental stones into useful weapons?" She asked then showed me nine colorful glowing stones in the table. "Irene studied all about them and they are all useful for weapons."

 

  "Wait, why the blue one is just a half-size than the others?" I pointed the blue elemental stone, Joy eonnie shrugged, "I don't know, maybe you should ask Seo eonnie. She's one of the agents who got these stones from the mountain."

 

  "W-Well, I don't know either. Yoona and I just get all of it then run away before the cave collapsed." Seohyun eonnie answered, "And you trapped there." Joy eonnie added. "Y-Yeah." Eonnie scratched her nape, nervously.

 

  I was going to touch one of the stones but someone grabbed my hand away from it, "Don't touch it." Seohyun eonnie said. "Why?" I asked, "If you touch it without gloves, it will stick with you and it will never remove from you." She warned me. "She's right." We turned around and saw Irene eonnie walking towards us while cleaning up her hands.

 

  "That stones were not just kind of elemental stones, they have life too. They can easily attract with us and if it sticks with us, you will own it." She explained. "I guess Hyojeon can make a weapon that uses the power of the stones." She added, I smiled nervously and shook my head. "I'm not good at that, eonnie. I can't make that so high tech." I denied.

 

  Joy eonnie gave me a goofy grin, "Oh really? Then why you have this..." She placed something on the table. I gaped and looked to her in surprise, "Why you have this high tech dual katana?" Then chuckled. 

 

  "H-How did you know?" I asked.

 

  "Just say it, Hyo. It was for Seohyun, right?" Irene said, Seohyun eonnie looked to me with a confusion. Few moments later, I gave up. "Fine, it is a water-boost dual katana." I said, "Really?" Eonnie can't believe what I'm really saying. I grabbed the handle, "As you can see, it is made of black iron and titanium so that it can't break easily."

 

  I get the water bottle and pour it in the sword then it glows, "The sword will give a boost when it was poured a water." I explained. "I'm not finish with this, I still have to make it one." I put back the dual katana in my locker and went back to the table, "I don't think I can make weapons with energy based." I said.

 

  "You can, Hyo. You have made the dual katana that boosts using water." Irene eonnie said, "You can also make guns and other combat weapons boosted by these elemental stones!" Joy eonnie said. I crossed my arms and adjust my eyeglasses, "If you want me to craft stronger weapons, you must help me. Otherwise, nine stones were perfect numbers for my eonnies."

 

  "So, when are we going to start?" Joy eonnie asked, "I prefer tomorrow." Irene eonnie answered. "No, the day after tomorrow." I answered, making the two of them look at me. "I'm not in the mood of creating new weapons until tomorrow, I have to keep an eye on Hyoyeon eonnie." I reasoned.

 


 

  As I went inside my room, I slump myself in my bed and took a deep breath. I feel so tired, I was just with Seohyun eonnie and discussed about the elemental stones. I closed my eyes and removed my eyeglasses, I am worried of Hyoyeon eonnie. I am really worried.

 

  I started to ponder, am I the cause why Hyoyeon eonnie is in the dead bed? I know I've been with them for seven years, but why am I feeling so guilty right now? Because I just realize that I am a big girl now? Or is it this stupid fate that I had right now?

 

  So many questions are still echoing inside my head, so I shrug it off and sit up from the bed. I scanned the room and something has changed, until I realized that my room is clean. I quickly got up and check my closet, my clothes were neatly folded. Then I checked my study table, the scattered papers in the desk were gone and the trash can that is full of crumpled papers were gone as well.

 

  I saw a folded piece of paper under my biology textbook, I get the paper and read it:

 

Hey, Hyo. I cleaned your room before we got off to movies. You must clean your own room, you're a big girl now. Cleanliness is a MUST. CLEANLINESS is next to GODLINESS!

 - Hyoyeon eonnie <3

 

  "Hyoyeon eonnie." I muttered, I force myself to smile though I can't be happy without her by my side.

 

  Then I suddenly felt my stomach growled in hunger, it's not a normal grumbling like ordinary people does. In my situation, when my stomach grumbles, there's a pain. But the pain is getting worst than the last time, I fell on the floor as I tried to ease the pain in my stomach. "N-No... Please, not right now..." I begged as I saw my nails elongated into sharp claws.

 

  I grouched in pain as my stomach keeps torturing me, it's worst than having an ulcer. I can feel my face were covered with fur, my teeth lengthen into canine of a dog and my whole body is burning. I manage to stand up and find the resistance pills inside my bag but I can't find it.

 

  As my conscience out, the grim of death will hunt again...

 


 

 

SOOYOUNG

  "Ah! Seriously? You ate 10 box of french fries and 4 hamburgers while I was talking to President Lee?!"

 

  "Why? You got a problem with that?" I asked her, "Yeah, you didn't left me a single box of fries?!" Now my girlfriend starts to nag again. "Sunny, I already bought you five boxes of bibimbap and made a steamed chicken for you last time." I answer, "It costs me 100,000 won in my wallet."

 

  We got out of the elevator but Sunny didn't stop nagging until we got inside the car, "Can't you stop?" I glared at her as she paused in her words. "It's just foods and it's not a big deal." I said as I turn the stirring wheel to the left. "You know, we've been together for nine years but you're still the shikshin." She said.

 

  "Because I swear to myself that I'll never change after I came back with you." I answered, "Really? You're not a total big eater after you betrayed us and now you came back with more acts of being a big eater." She spat.

 

  I snorted, "Oh please, Sunny. Have you forgotten who I am?" Then turn my head to her, "You are Choi Sooyoung." She answered like she knew what I'm going to say.

 

  "Nope." I said and stop the car then leaned closer to her, "I am Girls' Generation's no. 1 big eater, Choi Sooyoung."

 

  I leaned closer for a passionate kiss, Sunny gave in and wrapped her arms around my nape. She lowered her body in the seat to avoid being seen by the paparazzi, "Why are you always kissing me in a wrong time?" She complained, "Because I love you." I giggled then gave her a quick kiss then we all went to our normal position in the car.

 

  Though Sunny is more naggy these days, I still love her. In our relationship, I'm like the father of her, why? Because I'm very strict when it comes to her outfits: I hate her wearing a dress that is too short that almost see her worldly restriction, I hate her wearing a clothes or dress that almost revealing her melons and I hate her acting seductively towards other people especially to me.

 

  I just want her to be the cute yet naggy aegyo queen.

 

  "Youngie, I think we got in a wrong way." Sunny said, made me confuse. "What? I know the way back to our home." I denied, then I looked on the window. My eyes widen as I saw nothing but a road with no lights and no street signs, just a one way road.

 

  I looked around and we saw nothing but darkness of the night, "No way, I know this the way we are heading but what is this?" We have no idea what is this place. There's no place like this in Korea, so how could we possibly went here without knowing?

 

  Sunny tapped my arm, "Try to use your sensor, if this is the right place." She said. I nodded then my eyes went red as I used my sensor, I looked around and this is exactly the way we are heading.

 

  "I think..." We looked to each other, "Someone is luring us." I whispered.

 

  She nodded, "Yeah, I can feel something doesn't right." She whispered. Then we heard a loud stump coming in front of us, "What was that?"

 

  I saw a figure walking towards us, Sunny gasped and her eyes were looking on something. "Sun, what's the matter?" I asked her, "I think we should get out of the car. Now." She said, I nodded and we got out of the car. She looked up like she saw something big, "S-Sooyoung..." Sunny called me out.

 

  "What?" I asked her.

 

  Her face went pale and terrified of what she saw, "There's this big monster in front of us." She whispered. That makes me confuse, "What? Big monster?" I looked up and saw nothing but a night sky, "I don't see anything." I answered. That's the time I wore off my sensor and saw this big monster she's talking about. Then it hit me...

 

  "! It's an illusion!" I cussed and looked to her, "Sunny! What you see right now is an illusion!" I run to her and grabbed her arm. "It's an illusion. Close your eyes and cover yourself under the ground." I whispered, "What about you?" She asked.

 

  "My sensor ability can pass though the illusions. Right now, follow what my last order." I said, she nodded, closed her eyes and cover herself under the ground. My eyes redden as I used my sensor ability again, now the surroundings were clear and no illusions.

 

  "It's been a while, former traitor."

 

  I gasped as I heard her voice, flames lit in my both hands and looked around as I heard her laugh.

 

  "You... Show yourself!" I said.

 

  "Of course, why wouldn't I?" She whispered on my ear which makes me alerted then I throw a fireball behind as I know she's behind me all the time, "Still the same old attitude towards me, huh? Choi Sooyoung." She appeared in the fire with no damages. "What did you do to Hyoyeon, Hyuna?" I asked her.

 

  She smirked, "There's an answer to that," her left eye glowed, "Good people don't deserve bad luck." 

 

  Then she summoned black orbs that is similar to Hyoyeon's, I grin and summoned fireballs as well. "This will be a fair fight between the two of us." I challenge, "Oh, Sooyoung. The last time we fought caused me to lose an eyeball, it's because of your stupid descendant!" She quickly throws black orbs. "That's a lesson for you."

 

  I immediately charge forward, avoiding those black orbs she's throwing at me and I throw one fireball to her, but it hits one of the black orbs. I got my chance to punch her as I throw another fireball in front of her face, she covered it again with her dark orbs. As the fire and shadows blasted, my fist run through the center then it hit her face.

 

  I smiled triumphantly, but I'm still not winning over her. My punch gives an impact causing her to fly over the walls, "Still a pathetic , huh?" I yelled. I run over and was going to kick her, but she caught my ankle and smashed me on the ground. She was going to crush my stomach then I rolled over and throws her a fireball, she laughed and all of her black orbs turned into flat disks.

 

  "I'm not pathetic, Sooyoung. But a !" She respond

 

  She throws all of the flat disks to me, it's crazy but, they all look boomerangs. As I dodged them one by one, they return also one by one. It didn't avoid me to have a scrape in my face.

 

  The next thing she did was to attack me, she punch me in the face but I punch her in the stomach. We exchanged punches and kicks as we changed places, I caught her fist and twisted it, she jerked and punch me by her other fist but it halted by my other hand then I kicked her stomach.

 

  I jumped in a distance from her, resting our bodies as it regenerates our wounds. She laughed again, "I've never been so alive fighting with my former friend." She said. I looked to myself and my favorite sweater were torned, the sleeves were tattered because of her sharp and polished nails.

 

  "I never called you a friend, Hyuna. Neither did I trust you ever since." I lit flames in my both hands again, "But we were planned to destroy BBS." She answered. "I was once controlled by your mother, I was forced to follow her orders just because I don't want her to kill my family." I gritted my teeth as my anger rose inside of me.

 

  "Do you think I didn't know about that?" She said.

 

  "I already know you are struggling during the times we joined forces, my mother told me about using you to destroy them before she died."

 

  "But another plan had been failed when your body double burned her!" She summoned more dark orbs, "It's my mother's last chance  to live, but what happened?!" Her voice sounds in agony and pain. "Her perfect plans has been destroyed because of your body double and the second gifted!"

 

  Her pained expression turned into psychedelic expression, "Now, the great tragedy has come." She pointed her index finger to me, "The one you called gifted will be mine!" Then she suddenly throws dark orbs again.

 

  "No!" I throw fireballs again, "I will not allow you to take Seohyun, again!" I yelled. But her black orbs were stronger this time, it passes through the fireball and it run faster than my feet. "Sooyoung!"

 

  A thick wall sprouted in front of me, blocking the big dark orbs. I turn around and saw Sunny, still closing her eyes, "Sunkyu! I told you to stay under the ground!" I said.

 

  "Hey, don't call me by my true name! And besides, I can feel who's the real enemy or not!" She blurted out then opened her eyes, "I'm an earth guardian, did you forgot?" Oh right, she can feel or sense who's the real deal by stepping the ground. Another dark orb coming behind her but it just blocked by another wall, "See? I can feel she's throwing that dark orb behind me." She said.

 

  Before I could say a word an explosion blasted behind me, but I stay still where I was standing. I turn around and another explosion happened but falling on the ground never happened to me, I laughed, "Explosions never get me damaged, Hyuna." I created a small fireball in my hand. "But for you, it will." Then I throw it to her direction.

 

  "It's not going to happen!" She cut the small fireball as it run closer to her face, I smirked and snapped my finger. Then a bright light flashes on her face then it explodes. "That's how to put an end with the pathetic devil." I said with a smile.

 

  "She's still alive, Sooyoung!" Sunny said then points through the fire, "What?" I gasped as I saw a figure walking out of the fire. She laughed, "See? It's not going to happen." She said.

 

  Then a blue fireball came to her direction and stop her from walking closer to us, "What the?" Another blue fireball hits her. She growled and glared to me, "You won this time, Sooyoung. But we're not done yet!" Then she dissapeared.

 

  I took a deep breath, "Coward." I muttered. But wait.

 

  Where did that blue fireball came from?

 

---

Wait for the next chapter!

Stay tuned!