Anna's Date

Make A Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~ "But wishes are only granted in fairy tales." ~~

 

“Oh my gosh he’s here. He’s here, Zael. Jimin’s here,” I frantically said.

“Yeah, so use your legs and walk out the door to go see him!” Zael replied as she started nudging me towards the door.

“Wait! What about the groceries?” I asked.

There is no way she can haul all that food up here alone.

“Don’t worry about it,” Zael shrugged.

“Are you sure you’ll be able to drag that much food up here?” I asked, a little worried.

“Anna, I’ll be fine,” she replied.

“Okay…” I said, skeptical.

Either she doesn't want me to worry because I'm going on a date, or she's not telling me something, I thought as I headed into the elevator.

My worry quickly changed into nervousness as the elevator doors opened on the main floor. Jimin said he would be waiting in the lobby for me. I quickly took out my compact to glance and see if anything was wrong with my face.

Who am I kidding, everything is wrong with my face.

I put the compact back in my light blue cross body purse after applying some lip gloss and looked up. I scanned the area like a hawk. There was no way I would let him see me first. Just then, the main doors opened and a figure walked in. My jaw dropped and I stood motionless as my eyes looked him up and down.

"Hey Annalise!" Jimin exclaimed as he walked towards me. He was wearing a white muscle shirt with some dark, skinny jeans, which were rolled up at the bottom. He also had some dark red shoes on and his light brown hair was parted near the middle. Jimin looked absolutely gorgeous.

"H-h-hey, Jimin!" I stuttered a little and blushed.

"Are you ready to go watch a movie?" he asked as he smiled.

His smile will be the death of me, I thought.

His eyes squinted as he smiled and he had one slightly crooked front tooth.

Well that's a relief. For a second I thought that God did exist and was standing right in front of me.

"Yes, I so am," I replied nonchalantly.

I returned a smile to Jimin and his eyes slightly widened before he took my hand in his and led me to his car. When we arrived, I studied it for a second. The car looked familiar.

"Isn't this Yoongi's car?" I asked.

"Yeah, he let me borrow it today. He said he was busy thinking so he wouldn't be going anywhere soon," Jimin casually replied as he opened the door for me.

I curtsied and giggled before getting into the car. Jimin quickly came around to the driver's seat and started the car.

"Does he think a lot?" I asked, curious.

"Yeah. He thinks about life and boring stuff like that. I tell him that he should be looking ahead and stuff but he's too stuck in the past," Jimin replied.

I wonder if Zael knows about his past.

"He doesn't talk about it with anyone, though. It's frustrating," Jimin said, looking at the road in front of him.

I immediately thought of Zael. She didn't like to talk about her troubles either. There were still things that I didn't know. She had trust issues, and I knew why. Her childhood wasn't that easy.

"So, what movie are we watching?" I asked to change the subject.

"We are going to watch the new movie, Ant Man" Jimin said as he smiled.

My arm was resting on the middle compartment between the two front seats. I noticed that Jimin's arm was resting on the other side of it. His left hand was on the wheel while his right hand was supporting his chin. I saw Jimin glance at me and I quickly looked away, embarrassed.

"You're so cute," I heard him say.

"You think I'm... cute?" I said as I picked up a curl and started twirling it.

"The cutest girl I've ever met," Jimin said.

I could tell he was being honest. I looked back at him and a smile crept on my face. His side profile was amazing. He might have been short to other guys, but he was the perfect size for me. I was extremely short, too.

This is going to be the best date ever.

~~~

The movie ended just as quickly as it started. I was so absorbed in the movie that I didn't even notice that Jimin intertwined his hand with mine. We sat close together, and whenever a scary moment occurred, I made it a point to exaggerate and get even closer to him. By the end of it, we were practically hugging.

The credits started showing and I turned to Jimin to see if he wanted to leave or stay for the credits. He looked around and then looked back at me and smiled.

"We might want to wait a bit so the other people can exit," he said.

I nodded and winked at him. "That's a good idea."

Jimin's smile grew even larger, which made me smile even larger. His smile was contagious. His whole being was contagious. I could have spent an eternity with that guy and never get tired of him.

Once everyone left, Jimin stood up and held his hand down towards me to help lift me up. I gingerly took his hand and stood up, brushing the leftover pieces of popcorn off of my outfit. Then, I smiled at him and he led me out of the movie theater and back to the car. Jimin started it and we took off towards our next destination. The car ride was filled with conversations about the movie and laughter.

We finally arrived at the beach around 3ish. I stepped out of the car and basked in the sun. It felt good to let it seep through my skin and warm my whole being. I spun while looking up at the sun. I couldn't help it. I was happy.

"You look really satisfied," Jimin said as he walked up beside me.

"I am!" I exclaimed as I laughed.

Jimin laughed and took my hand in his as we walked along the bridge that led to the beach. Once we reached the sand, I slipped off my flats and shuddered as the sand encompassed my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter