final

to infinity and beyond

Yoongi hates seeing Jimin's frown.

 

×

 

It started out just last three days, when their recent fanmeeting had just ended, Yoongi notices that his fellow bandmate Jimin is under the weather after they said their goodbyes to their fans. He wants to go over to him and ask him what's wrong and comfort him because he just can't stand seeing the baby-faced twenty-year old boy sad.

 

But sadly, he can't.

 

Jimin had been avoiding everyone for three days now, locking himself in his hotel room in Osaka. They just finished their fanmeetings and mini concerts in the province and apparently they managed to bribe their PD and manager into staying here for a few days until the week ends.

 

But that's not the point. Three days earlier, Jimin fainted in front of BTS. In front of his fans, in front of everyone. He's been beating himself up because he hadn't been sleeping these days and thus it took its toll back then. He never talked to anyone after that, never let anyone in his room (and kicked out his roommate Taehyung for no reason) and only came out when his manager knocks on his door, telling him to come outside and eat. In conclusion, Jimin shut himself from the world, barricading himself from the members.

 

×

 

Another day passed, and Yoongi just can't stand seeing Jimin frown whenever he goes out of his room, whenever his eating his supposed-to-be favorite meat and whenever his bestfriend Taehyung tries to cheer him up, but fails so.

 

He gotta make his move.

 

Right after their lunch, when Jimin shoved his plate away from him, bowed and proceeded to go to his room, Yoongi immediately followed him. And right when Jimin is about to close the door, Yoongi put his right foot in between.

 

"Ouch!" He exclaimed, startling the singer. Jimin turned at his direction and gasped at the old rapper's situation, he hurriedly let Yoongi in his room and nursed his injured foot.

 

"I-I'm sorry hyung, I didn't see you coming." Jimin said while massaging Yoongi's muscles. He sighed at the younger's hands, all soft and smooth against his calloused foot and calf, and for a while, he forgot about his intentions as to why he followed Jimin.

 

"T-that's okay." Yoongi stuttered. "I was going to talk to you about something though, I'm sorry I followed you here like a creep and never said anything." He sheepishly smiled.

 

The younger boy's face fell. "It's about the mini-concert, right?"

 

"Uh-"

 

"No, it's okay. I have to talk about it with someone eventually, and I'm glad it's you, hyung." Yoongi felt his heart swell at his words. He doesn't know why but he always has a sweet tooth towards Park Jimin. "I-I'm feeling a little fatigued back then," he started, fiddling with the hem of his shirt. "And while performing, I kept-I kept messing up the lyrics or the steps to every song. But believe me hyung, I tried hard to keep up with all of you, but my body can't let me do so."

 

Yoongi frowns. "You didn't have to push yourself if you're so tired."

 

"I know." The singer says, exasperated. "But I'm scared to tell you. I'm scared that I'll disappoint our fans and make them go home without experiencing our love to them. So I kept up with all of you, I tried hard hitting notes, I tried hard twisting my body to the beat, but I kept seeing black spots whenever I move my body and the last thing I know I'm on the floor."

 

The older boy smiled. Jimin, sweet, loving Jimin who always finds a way to make their fans feel loved even if his body has already surrendered. Yoongi knows that the boy has this undying love for his fans-their fans, and he should've seen it coming but Jimin might have hidden it from everyone too well for him to not notice.

At the same time, as a friend, he wants to scold the younger for pushing himself to the limit to the point that he passed out.

 

"It's okay. But you should've pushed yourself hard, too. We can hang out with our fans for a while back then without performing, yeah?" Yoongi smiles, and Jimin returned his.

 

"Yeah, maybe your right. I was just a little stupid back then." He smiled wider, and leaned back to recline himself to his bed, feeling a little woozy.

 

But there's still one thing Yoongi wants to ask. "Jimin?"

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Why do you have to avoid us after the incident?"

 

The younger froze. Why did I, anyway? "I-I don't know either. Maybe I'm scared that Hobeom hyung or PD-nim or maybe even you will scold me about what happened." He finished off, sounding a tad bit scared.

 

Yoongi laughed at his nervousness. "You know that we're teammates, bestfriends, family, right? No one wants someone to feel sad, so don't be scared to reach out for us when you need it, okay?" He finished, petting Jimin's soft red hair. The singer smiled at him in return and pulled him into a hug, saying thanks and promising to do what the rapper said. "Good." Yoongi hums.

 

"Ah hyung, let's go out of this room." Jimin said, smiling. "I missed talking to my family."

 

Yoongi felt his grin go wider. "Well what are you waiting for? Let's go."