Prologue

EXO Watches EXO Showtime!

It was only a passing comment. It really shouldn’t have bugged him so much, and yet…


 

They were at a rest stop. Traveling by van was always tiring; especially when the only physical thing they could do was wiggle around in their seats while hitting each other. That’s typically why Yixing uses that time to sleep; flying back and forth between China and South Korea was draining, and all the Exo-M members knew this well. However, his hunger won out in the end and he followed the rest of s into the cafeteria area.

Luhan had wrapped an arm around his shoulders, leading him around while pointing at the various food stalls before Jongdae joined them and clung to his other side, “Hyung! Did you bring your wallet?”

He nodded again before Jongdae put on a bright smile.

“Hyung, can you buy me food? I don’t have mine.”

Luhan looked at him curiously, “Why didn’t you bring it? Did you forget it in the van?” He grinned as a memory hit him, “Or perhaps maybe you lost it again?”

Jongdae pouted at him, “Yah, that wasn’t funny! I really thought I lost it that time!”

Yixing looked over at him in confusion, “When did you lose your wallet?”

He sighed exasperatedly, “They tricked me into believing I did when they were hiding it the whole time! I really almost had a mental breakdown.”

“You were the one that left it on the counter!” Luhan said with an indignant face, “We were only teaching you to be more careful about your things!”

Yixing looked confused between them, “When did this happen? Did you do that the last time you picked up food?”

This time the other two were confused, “On the Gangneung trip, hyung; during our beach trip?”

“Ah…” Luhan said shaking his head, “He went to eat by himself, remember? He had a meal with rice and everything, while we were eating sausages, pork, and all that.”

Jongdae nodded, “Oh yeah, Hyung, you were by yourself a lot that whole time. I was really worried.”

‘Did that really happen?’ Yixing thought to himself while staring off.

Luhan shook Yixing a little, “Lay-ah, don’t go running off this time, okay? Come eat with the rest of the class.”

He had nodded, almost dazedly, while Jongdae laughed, “I think Hyung’s still sleeping.”

Luhan petted his head before smiling, “Let’s go back to that one place we looked at earlier; you can buy us all food.”


 

When Yixing settled onto his bed, he brought his laptop with him. The whole conversation had been stuck in his head and he figured watching Exo Showtime would give him some answers. He thought he might as well take the opportunity since Luhan and Jongdae were currently out picking up food, and Tao had asked Kris to go shopping with him. Minseok was still around, but he was napping in his room the last time Yixing checked; he made a mental note not to put the volume so loud.

Finding streams of the show wasn’t hard, he found, clicking the first link that popped up. He was quite proud that the fans enjoyed it so much to post it multiple times on the Internet for the entire world to see. Finally deciding on a stream with Chinese subtitles (just in case), he let the video load.