Chapter Two

Back at One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note:

 

Sorry for the wait strangegirl_08 but here is the update. I'll make another update this weekend for sure. 

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy it. 

 

After such an eventful day, I’ve arrived at work early as usual. I sat on the usual cubicle near my manager’s work station. I was restless that night and though I could take a quick a nap. I slouched on my chair and closed my eyes. After a few minutes had passed, I heard someone humming the tune of Brian McKnight's song that I sang. I opened my eyes and saw Jiyong standing in front of me. We were standing and we were surrounded by a group of colleagues. I stared into his beautiful and sparkling eyes. He leaned closer. I watched him mouth my name repeatedly. Until his voice got louder and louder. I suddenly woke up and saw my manager crouching down at me. “Dara. It’s almost time to take calls.” Manager Lee smiled and went back to his work station. I wiped my eyes with my handkerchief. I straightened my back on my chair and started to start up my computer. I got startled when I heard the humming voice again. I noticed that it came from the station next to me. I slowly turned my head to my side and saw Jiyong sitting beside me. He looked at me and smiled. “Good evening, sleepy head.” He said with his velvety voice. I let out a timid smile. He was sitting beside me, again. ‘Is he serious about wanting to know me better?’ I thought to myself. I shook my head and tried to focus on pulling up my tools. “Are you okay, Dara? You look restless.” Jiyong said. ‘No, thanks to you,’ I sarcastically thought and simply nodded in response. “By the way, I’ve heard of this nice coffee shop near the karaoke bar we went to. CL was wanting to go. Can you come with us after shift?” He nonchalantly asked. I nodded, again. “Wonderful! I’ll email CL that you will be coming.” He said and started to get busy typing on his computer.

 

After shift, CL, Bom, Jiyong and I went to the coffee shop. For the first time, I enjoyed having conversation with them. The place was beautiful and surreal. It was full of unique and abstract paintings. It felt cozy. After a couple of hours chatting and enjoying the coffee we had bought, CL and Bom asked to leave early since they will be heading to the mall and buy some bathing suits. Jiyong and I were left at the cafe.

 

“Are you uncomfortable being with me, right now?” Jiyong inquired.

 

“N-no...  just... nervous...” I replied.

 

“Why would you be nervous? I wouldn’t harm you or anything.” He said as a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter