Chapter 3

The Stories Between Us

Jae In takes her steps lightly while watching her wrist-watch. It is quarter to two in the evening when she finished her discussion with Mr. Kang about her project. She takes time to buy two coffee for her and Baekhyun later. It is 2PM when she arrived at vocal class.

 

“You are on time.” Baekhyun said when he saw Jae In through the door. The guy already sitting on chair in front of grand piano.

Jae In walks toward the guys while handing one of the coffee to Baekhyun. “Where the others?”

“There’s no others. It’s secret so it is just you.” Baekhyun said cooly. He taps the empty space beside him, “sits here.”

Jae In sits beside the guy that already warming up his fingers playing piano. “If it is secret, so what is it about?”

Baekhyun still playing his fingers around the piano. “You know that I will perform at anniversary event, right?”

The girl nods in agreement. Silently she ships her coffe. Waiting for her senior to continue his sentence.

“So, I need your opinion about the song that I will perform later.” He said.

Jae In form into O shape. She’s ready to curse both of her friends that over thinking about her meeting with this Byun guy.

Baekhyun keeps warming up his fingers, playing every note in the piano before Jae In speak up, “So what is the song that you are gonna perform, sunbae?”

“Okay, I have a few optional. Lets hear it out.”

 

Baekhyun played his first song. Jae In knows this song. Open Arms. Kind of oldish but everlasting song. She knows that Baekhyun loves this song. So, when the guy began to sing, Jae In feels all the emotion that the guy sends within his voice. So pure, so calm. She loved it.

Baekhyun just singing to the verse. “That’s the first song. I hope you won’t mind to hear the second.”

Jae In smile genuinely. “My pleasure.”

He played the second song. Ordinary People by John Legend. Jae In loves this song too much. This song kind of her life soundtrack. So, she expected Baekhyun will sing this song very well. And it’s true, Jae In melted away when Baekhyun sings. She can’t even explain how much she loves this song when Baekhyun sang it.

“Well, here the last one. I don’t know if you ever heard this song before but I loved this song so I will try.” Baekhyun said.

When Baekhyun played the notes, Jae In clueless. She never heard this melody before but, the song sound so addictive. So full of emotion. Jae In speechless.

 

“The last one title is ‘My turn to cry’. Never heard it before, aren’t you?” Baekhyun asked. He turned his face to Jae In to see her expression.

Jae In shakes her head. “Who’s the singer?”

“Me.” Baekhyun smile brightly.

Jae In gaps for a while. “Wait. So, you are the one who make that song? Like compose by yourself?”

Baekhyun chuckled before asking the girl, “Kind of. How was that?”

“It is wonderfull, sunbae! I really love your song like, duh that just, amazing!” Jae In truly love the song. Because she knows that Baekhyun sang that song whole heart. Makes her shivering.

“Fine, then. I will pick the last one.”

 

“Jae In-ssi,” Baekhyun called her softly, “Did you hear about the gossip?”

The girl took her last ship of her coffee before answering, “What gossip?”

“About you and me.”

Jae In smile faintly. “Did it bothers you?” she feels burdensome. If Baekhyun asked about this, that maybe the gossip annoys him.

Baekhyun looks at Jae In with his smile while shaking his head. “What about you? Did it bothers you?”

The girl take a deep breath before speaking up, “I’m fine. But I will not be fine if the gossip bothers you, sunbae. I’m so sorry if it’s bothering you.”

The guy smiled. His hands naturally patted Jae In’s head. Reassuring the girl. “I like it.”

Jae In thinks that she misheard. So, she turned her head to find how close Baekhyun’s face with her right now. She even thought she can feel his hot breath around her face.

“I like it. The gossip. I like you. I truly like you, Jang Jae In.”

She can’t think. Baekhyun even didn’t give her time to think when she felt his lips already on her. Kissed it lightly. Makes the girl realized that yes, she likes him too. Jang Jae In likes Byun Baekhyun. So, she kissed him back.

 

Both of them didn’t realized that Jongin is right in front of the door. He heard everything. He saw everything. He witness everything. But, nothing he can do except turn around and go away from the class. Go away with his heart that feels like burning inside.