Episode 2

The 3 special words

It was just like any other day, however today the school decided that for the class to go for a fieldtrip.

 

"Today, we will be going on a field trip. Hence, I need the class to split into 5 groups. Each team should only have 4 members, go ahead and split into teams and meet at the front of the school in half an hour." Ms Han said before dismissing the class.

 

"Jaehee come here!" Ji Won motioned. You walked towards Ji Won and Joohyuk as usual. Just as you were about to sit, Jungkook and Suho walked towards you. They both looked at each other weirdly before stopping in front of you. You looked up towards Jungkook and Suho. "Can/May-" both Jungkook and Suho said together. "Oh, Jungkook ah you go first." Suho said. "Can I be in your team?" Jungkook asked you. Your eyes widened, out of everyone, why did he want to be in the same team as you? "Oh, that was what I was going to ask as well." Suho said. What? Why are Jungkook and Suho asking to be in your team suddenly. "B-but my team has 3 people." you said. Both Jungkook and Suho looked at each other. "Uh Suho-ssi you go ahead then." Jungkook said, a hint of disappointment in his eyes. "N-no, you go ahead Jungkook ah, you asked first." Suho said, assuming that Jungkook will give the chance to him again. "Oh? Suho-ssi that's so nice of you. Thank you very much, If you don’t mind I shall join this team then." Jungkook said, internally grinning to himself. Suho was caught by surprise. "O-oh that's alright.." he said before walking away, not forgetting to give you a small smile.

 

Jungkook then sat beside you, "thanks for letting me join your team." he grinned. You realised that his body was too close to your liking, his knee was touching yours. You turned to your right to see Jungkook resting his head on his hands looking at you straight in the eyes. You backed away a little "N-no problem, we have an extra space in the team anyways." you said before quickly looking away.

 

Half an hour passed and the class was walking towards the bus that will transport you to the location of the fieldtrip. You boarded the bus after Joohyuk and went to sit on the chair in front of him. You looked out of the window and felt someone sit next to you. Assuming it was Ji Won as she was always does, you slowly leaned on who you assumed was Ji Won and closed your eyes to take a rest.

 

- Ji Won POV -

"Omo Joohyuk ah look in front!" Ji Won said as she hit Joohyuk on the arm to get his attention. Joohyuk turned and his eyes widen. Right in front of him was Jaehee's head leaning on Jungkook's shoulder.

 

- Jungkook POV -

Right after Jaehee went up the bus, I quickly followed after. I saw her looking out of the window peacefully, the way the sun shone on her pale skin, her twinkling eyes reflecting the bright sun as her eyebrows frowned a little due to the strong rays of direct sunlight. I walked up to her and sat beside her, I could tell Joohyuk was a little surprised as I used to sit beside him during fieldtrips. I sat beside her expecting her to question why I am sitting beside her, but instead she slowly leaned on my shoulders and closed her eyes. I didn’t dare to move an inch as I felt that she has fallen asleep due to the slight and constant breathing. However, tiredness overtook my body as my eyes slowly closed and my head started to bob. Eventually, I felt my eyes shut completely - feeling so peaceful and calm as my head rested softly on Jaehee's.

 

"Omo, Joohyuk ah they look so cute together!!" Ji Won squealed with excitement. "You know that Jaehee most probably doesn’t know that she is leaning on Jungkook not you right?" Joohyuk chuckled. "Omo you're right! She always rest on my shoulders during the rides on fieldtrips." Ji Won realised. "And you know she's going to freak out when she realises it isn't you she is leaning on right?" Joohyuk grinned, interested in how things will turn out. He has noticed how Jungkook seemed to have taken an interest in you for a while now, but only started to show it recently.

 

- After half an hour of bus ride -

"Wake up every one! We have reached our location!" Ms Han shouted.

 

- Jaehee POV -

*Urghhhh who is being so noisy..* I rubbed my eyes as I opened them, trying to adjust to the bright sun. *Since when was Ji Won so comfy to lean on, did she gain some weight? All I felt was bones back when I leaned on her.* still leaning on 'Ji Won' I looked up to get the shock of my life. JEON JUNGKOOK. Unconsciously a yelp came out from my mouth as I froze. *If Jungkook is here, where is Ji Won?* A sudden movement above me made me stop thinking.

 

- Jungkook POV -

*Urghhhh why is the sun so damn bright?* my eyes took a while to adjust and I felt Jaehee move. *Oh no, how am I going to explain why I'm sitting next to her* I slowly looked down, to see Jaehee looking at me eyes wide looking like a cute cat. "H-Hey.." I said not knowing what else to say. Jaehee slowly sat upright. "Omo, I'm so sorry Jungkook-ssi. I thought you were Ji Won, as she always sits beside me.." she apologised face blushing a little. *How adorable can she get?* "It's alright, I was the one that sat beside you. Sorry, if I made you uncomfortable." I said. "Oh no no, you were very comfortable to lean on!" she said afraid that she will offend me. A wide smile crept onto my lips, "Oh, I'm glad I was comfortable, it's available for you to lean on anytime you want." I said without thinking. Her eyes widened and an obvious blush crept onto her cheeks. "T-thank you Jungkook-ssi" she smiled a little. "Please, call me Jungkook will do." I said, her calling me in that formal just made me a little sad as it made us feel distant. "Oh alright, J-Jungkook." she said. Finally, I have broken down a barrier of hers, that was good enough.

 

- Jaehee POV -

"EHEM!" a voice came from behind Jungkook and I. Both of us turned around to see Joohyuk and Ji Won looking down at us. "As much as I would like to continue seeing a fluffy and cute scene, I think we have to go." Ji Won grinned and we both looked in front to see that everyone had left. The four of us quickly got up to leave and catch up with the rest.

 

 

"As you can see here, this is Hwaseong, the wall surrounding the centre of Suwon, the provincial capital of Gyeonggi-do. It was built in 1794 to 1795 by King Jeongjo of the Joseon Dynasty…" Ms Han was introducing about the world heritage site but close to no one was listening. Well, all accept Jaehee who was listening intently, as she looked around in awe to appreciate the history and the beauty of the wall that surrounded her.

 

"psst, Jaehee ah! Lee Jaehee!" Jaehee snapped out of her daze and turned to Ji Won. "N-neh?" she said. "I'm going to escape with Joohyuk to go to the noraebang, want to come along?" Ji Won grinned. "No Ji Won, what if Ms Han finds out, what are we going to say? Don’t go Ji Won ah, just stay and listen. I'm sure we will be moving on soon.." Jaehee said not comfortable with the idea of skipping lessons. "Aww, come on Jaehee ah pleaseeee! E-even Jungkook is going!" she said as she pulled Jungkook towards her. "W-What?" he said surprised. "You're following us to the noraebang righttttt?" Ji Won said giving him a wink to play along. "O-Oh righttttt yeah! I'm in." he said hoping to spend more time with Jaehee. "B-But, what if Ms Han finds out?" Jaehee said still a little worried. "I'll take responsibility, I'll just say that I wasn’t feeling well and you being worried came to see how I was doing in the toilet..?" Jungkook said trying his best to come up with an excuse. "Hey! What about Joohyuk and I?? Who is going to cover up for us?" Ji Won pouted. "Well, maybe you guys can say that you realised that Jaehee was gone for too long and hence went to look for her too." Jungkook said, feeling a little achieved for coming up with a decent excuse. "Hmm… Alright I guess, but just because Jungkook has a reasonable excuse." Jaehee said, finally giving in.

 

- Noraebang -

"WOOOHOOO YEAHHHHH I'm going to pick songs, what song do you want Jaehee?" Ji Won asked. "I don’t know… Can I not sing?" Jaehee said, not confident of her voice. "Are you kidding me? NO! You have such a nice and you're not going to use it?" Ji Won pouted. "Lovelyz, TWICE, ioi and red velvet it is!" Ji Won went ahead. "Jungkook what about you?" Joohyuk asked. "Uhhhh BTS I guess?" he said feeling a little shy to sing in front of Jaehee.

 

Ji Won started singing Lovelyz Ah-choo

 

[Ji Won]

Masineun geol haejugo sipeun

Geureon sarami nan sanggyeosseo

Ajik yorineun jal mothajiman

Na yeonseuphago isseoyo

 

Na geudael wihae mollae gamchwonoheun

Aegyodo ineun geol

Maeil jiruhaji anhge utge haejul tende

 

Ji Won looked to Jaehee to signal to her that her part of the song to sing was coming as Jaehee unwillingly lifted the mic to . Jungkook secretly looked at her to see if she was uncomfortable. *Maybe she can't sing well that's why she's so nervous?* Jungkook thought, looking forward to hear Jaehee's voice.

 

[Jaehee]

Neoneun nae mam moreuji

Ah-Choo

Neol bomyeon jaechaegiga naol geot gata

Neoman bomyeon haejugopeun yaegiga cham manha

Naui ipsuri neomu ganjireowo chamgiga himdeureo

 

Ah-Choo

Nae mame kkotgaruga tteodaninabwa

Neol wihaeseo haejugopeun ildeuri cham manha

Naui maeumi nae sarangi deo isangeun samkigi himdeureo

 

Oh my god. Was the only thing that came to mind after hearing Jaehee sing the song in a soft yet sweet and smoothing voice. *She sings so well, her voice was stable yet sweet*

 

[Ji Won]

Dajeonghage kkaeugo sipeun

Geureon sarami nan saenggyeosseo

 

Jaehee finished singing as it was Ji Won's part again, she looked towards Jungkook to see his reaction. Jungkook looked at her and gave her a wide smile and a thumbs up to assure her that she did well. Jaehee smiled feeling happy that Jungkook found her singing nice.

 

An hour went pass real quick as all 4 of them had lots of fun. It was the first time in a while that Jaehee had this much fun. In the short spend of an hour, Jaehee sang a duet with Ji Won and even danced and sang with Jungkook to BTS songs. Which was another huge surprise to Jungkook that Jaehee could dance pretty well and was a fast learner as he taught her to dance the choreography to Run by BTS.

 

If you asked Jaehee what was the most fun part of the noraebang, she would say the part when she sang with Jungkook spring day by BTS. The way he was a little shy as he sang and peeked at Jaehee to see if she was enjoying herself, to get caught by Jaehee as she too was trying to peek at Jungkook to see his passionate singing to get caught by Jungkook as well. Both of them would smile shyly at each other and look away.

 

----------------------------

 

"Ahhh that was fun! We should hang out more often!" Joohyuk said as they left the noraebang. "Omg, Suho is calling." Ji Won said as she stared at her phone not knowing what to do. "Yah, you answer." Ji Won panicked as she pass the phone to Joohyuk. "NOOOO, you answer!" Joohyuk said as he passed it to Jungkook. Jungkook eyes widened. "Uhhhh.. Sure I guess I'll answer then." Jungkook said as he accepted the call.

 

JK: Hello?

 

Suho: O-Oh? Jungkook? Where is Ji Won? Are you with her? Is Jaehee and Joohyuk with you as well? Where are you guys?

 

JK: Woah Suho calm down, I'm with Jaehee, Ji Won and Joohyuk. I wasn’t feeling well and went to the toilet, Jaehee nice enough and followed after as she was worried for me (smiles to himself and looked to Jaehee to see her blush a little. Cute.) and Joohyuk and Ji Won were worried for Jaehee and went to find her and now we are together, on the way back.

 

Suho: Oh.. For an hour? I hope you're feeling better. The class is at the bus bay where we dropped off, try and get back asap alright?

 

JK: Neh, we will return quickly! Thank you for your concern.

 

Jungkook put down the call and informed the 3Js (Joohyuk, Jaehee, Ji Won) as they rushed to the bus bay.

 

- Bus bay -

"Are you alright Jungkook?" Ms Han looked at Jungkook from head to toe. "You seem a little pale.." Ms Han added. "O-oh I do? Maybe it's because I was having a stomach ache and felt like vomiting and I ran here." Jungkook said. "Oh no, have a good rest on the bus. Thank you Jaehee, Joohyuk and Ji Won for accompanying him." Ms Han said as they ushered them up the bus. 

 

Joohyuk went up the bus, followed by Jungkook and then the two girls. When Jaehee walked up, she saw Jungkook and Joohyuk sitting on different seats, each having a empty seat beside them. She was a little hesitant on where she should sit but eventually decided on seating with Jungkook.

 

"Umm Jungkook may I seat with you?" Jaehee said as Jungkook was sitting on the seat near to the aisle. "M-me?" Jungkook asked as he thought Jaehee would sit with Ji Won on the extra seats available or with Joohyuk. "Mmm Hmm, that is if you don’t mind." Jaehee said. "O-Oh sure!" Jungkook said a little too eager as he stood up to let Jaehee sit on the seat near the window.

 

The journey back to school was a little awkward for both Jungkook and Jaehee but both of them couldn’t help but smile when they thought of certain moments they had together in the noraebang.

 

- Jungkook POV -

I smiled to myself thinking about how much fun we had, I can't wait to let my hyungs know how much fun I had today and make them envious that I got to escape lessons to go to the noraebang. I looked to Jaehee to see what she was doing to see her head bobbing side to side, it seems like she as a habit of sleeping on buses. Should I let her lean on my shoulders? But I'm afraid that if I do, she will wake up and how am I going to explain why I'm touching her head? Okay you know what? Screw that, I'm just going to lean her head on my shoulders.

 

Jungkook decided as he reached out and gently lean her head onto his shoulder, hoping she doesn’t wake up and find him weird or feel uncomfortable. To his relieve Jaehee not only did not wake up but snuggled next to him and unconsciously hugged his arm, a small smile forming on her lips. It was then did Jungkook realize, how fortunate and grateful to have an opportunity like this, to embrace and protect someone he likes. No, someone he Loves.