Part 1

Goddess

Many moons ago you had become the mystic goddess of your family's old shrine. It's a maternal tradition, one that gets passed from girl to girl, from woman to woman of every generation. Your grandmother always used to whisper into your ear that you descended from immortal angels, ones that had been worshipped in different cultures under different names. Aphrodite in Greece was just one of them. Cleopatra another.

With this fate came both powers and responsibilities: tiring tasks that included listening to the prayers of each and every person who decided to pray to you, especially the ones who decided to pay a visit to your shrine. They venerate you, not knowing that beside your life as a goddess, you're a normal university student, too.

You would do every thing with a smile, though. Being there for scared souls and broken believers gave your life a meaning and a purpose that fulfils your heart and soul. So many times you had weeped for those that wanted to give up, so many times had you cried for those who had no hope. Now, finally, you were able to help them.

There was another thing that came with your job. A group of young women, stuck somehwere between mortal and immortal, alive and dead, five girls accompanied your every step on this adventurous path. In the beginning there had been fights: petty arguments, slammed doors, curses thrown at each other, lots of tears spilled, apologies and finally a bond so strong that nothing could ever seperate you. You were one.

Thinking about your story, always makes you melancholic.

You hum and turn your glance toward Yeri. She's sleeping under the tired setting sun of this warm summer afternoon, hd head on your lap. Your hands are intertwined, yours small and hers a bit bigger and even in her sleep she's wearing a frown. With the pointer finger of your other hand you softly glide over her lips. They subconsciously turn upward and you smile in satisfaction.

Her dark black hair is covering her forehead and you gently push it away to see the rest of her face. Her eyes are now closed in complete bliss, long, dark lashes tickling your fingers.

Then something inside of you tickles, softly and almost unnoticeable, but you know what it is immediately. Duty calls.

You lean down, closer to Yeri's ear and whisper gently, “Wake up.”

Your hand ghosts over her cheek when her eyelids flutter open. You're losing yourself in the soft brown of her eyes until she takes your wrist, giving it a gentle kiss. She gives you one of his rare smiles. You smile back at her.

“We have to go.”

You would love for her to be able to sleep longer, for her to doze off in your arms. You two as one. It is tempting, really, just lying here with someone who loves you more than anyone, who knows you better than everyone, but you both know what you have to do.

Yeri reluctantly straightens up, leaving you feeling empty and cold. You pout and she understands and takes your hand. Comforting and familiar warmth fills you again, flowing through your veins like you've just consumed a cup of hot tea and involuntarily a shiver runs down your spine.

“Are you ready?”

 

 

A/N: This was oiginally written as a Got7 fanfiction, but I changed it to Red Velvet. heehee