045

Lost and Found

 

“Ani, what is your mother doing?” Mr. Park bellowed, Somin flinched and looked around them. The two Parks were at a coffee shop at Garusogil.

“Appa, tone it down.” She sighed as she felt people glancing at them oddly.

“I mean, if you already know that he’s behind it, why don’t you just~”

“Appa, you know it doesn’t work that way. And, Korea Air is already pressing charges. He’ll soon be called to court maybe this week.” Somin reasoned.

“It’s amazing how your calm about this, the old Somin I know would have someone chase that man with a chainsaw or something.”

Somin suppressed a smile before picking up a cookie from her father’s plate.

“Appa, if I wasn’t calm about this, that person would be found dead at a ditch by now.” She said jokingly, her father chuckled.

“What re you going to do about the divorce? I heard from lawyer Choi that you two finally agreed on a settlement.” She asked quietly, her father bit his lip before replying.

“You really sent that standee in your place, huh?” Her father grinned at her.

“Just give me a straight answer, appa. I wont flip out.” She replied lightly.

“Yes, we did agree on the settlement, but I did make it clear to your mother that she shouldn’t force you to get along with that Hong Daehwi.”

Sammy smiled and leaned back on her seat.

“By the way, when are you going to introduce me to Lawyer Oh?”

“Don’t you two already know each other?” She rolled her eyes at him, she could sense it, her father was teasing her.

“Well, yes, but I want to be introduced in a different light.”

“Heol.” She laughed, her father smiled before reaching out to take her hand in his.

“Thank you for agreeing to meet with me, Samantha. I missed you.”

“What do you want me to say, appa? Sorry for lashing back because you didn’t tell me you were going to divorce eomma?” She offered flatly, but she was smiling.

“I’m happy you’re happy, daughter. You met a nice young man that can put up with you.”

“It’s actually me putting up with him.” She grumbled childishly while chewing.

 

 

“Hmm, not bad.” Jena leaned over the laptop as she read the article, Korea Air had just announced regarding Hong Daehwi’s fraudulent ways and also his involvement with manipulating financial statements.

“People are literally burning him alive in the comments.” Jena hummed pleasantly as she leaned back on the couch, she was at Somin’s place.

“It just feels weird that he’s being quiet about it, by now he should have released a statement to defend himself. But still, nothing.” Somin murmured as she faced her friend.

“Maybe he finally realized who he was messing with? I mean, duh.” Jena offered, Somin was about to reply when she heard one of the guards step in the room.

“Young miss, you have a guest.” He said politely. Sammy stood up and brushed the bits of popcorn off her jeans.

“Who?” She asked as she followed him to the front door. She walked towards the screen and her eyes widened, she exhaled.

“He’s outside the gate, young miss. The young master had instructions regarding letting people in.” He said apologetically.

“It’s fine, I’ll go meet him myself.” She said before stepping out of the doors, Jena padded after her and looked at the screen.

“What does head want now?” She sighed before following her friend.

 

 

Kai shook his head as they stepped out of the restaurant, Sehun was walking beside him and the male didn’t look happy.

No, he was pissed.

“Ya, don’t act on impulse, it~”

“On impulse?” Sehun repeated, there was a humorless smile on his face as they reached their cars, Kai exhaled and looked at his friend, there was small purple bruise starting to appear under his left eye. While Kai’s left fist was already starting to numb.

The two were actually having a peaceful lunch when a group of three bulky males suddenly attacked them, usually Sehun had guard with him but since he just came from a court hearing, he was alone.

It wasn’t like he can’t fight them off, he just didn’t enjoy having to show his mafia side when there were people watching.

Sehun’s phone started to ring and he quickly picked up, Kai’s phone vibrated and he checked the message from Jena.

Jaebum’s here.

“What? Who’s there?” Sehun snapped, Kai looked up, he immediately kept his phone in his coat pocket.

“Sehun-ah~” He was cut off when Sehun slid inside his car and without hesitation, drove away from the building.

“Wow, he is so dead.” Kai said to himself as he leisurely got in his BMw and started the engine.

“Should I call 911 in advance?”

 

 

Somin crossed her arms as she faced the male.

“What brings you here?” She spoke, she could feel the presence of Sehun’s two guards standing at a respectable distance away from them. She knew that they didn’t like that she was outside the property’s boundaries, and there was no way in hell that she would let Jaebum in.

“I wanted to talk to you.” He reasoned.

“What else do we have to talk about, Jaebum? You caused a scene last time, and I’ve been telling you this~”

“Somin, I cancelled my wedding for you. Can’t you at least reconsider?” Jaebum reached for her hand, Somin shook her head and tried to pull it back.

“No. We..We will never get back together, Jaebum-ah. Stop doing this, we’ll just get hurt because of this.” She pleaded as she tugged one hear arm again.

“Look at you,” Jaebum pointed out, he gestured towards the cut on her forehead.

“Where was he when that happen, huh? He can’t even protect you, and yet~”

“Young miss!” One of the guards pulled Somin out of the way just as a familiar Aston Martin pulled to a full stop right in front of the gates.

Jaebum staggered back to prevent the car from hitting him, and then Sehun’s lean figure appeared from the driver’s side and he reached the other male in three long strides.

“So, you like to play it this way.” He said flatly as he faced the male, Jaebum’s lips quirked up as he noticed the male’s bruised face.

“I see you enjoyed my gift, feels nice, huh? You did the same thing to me a few weeks back.”

Sehun started to shake his head, Somin’s eyes went to his curled fists.

“Sehun-ah,” She tried to walk towards him, but what Sehun did made her halt.

“You have no idea what kind of party you just walked in, Im Jaebum.” Sehun spat before grabbing him by the collar of his shirt.

“Sammy!” Somin saw Kai rushing towards them.

“What happened? What’s wrong with your lip?” She noticed the cut on his lower lip.

“What is he doing? Sehun’s all tensed up now with that Hong Daehwi thing, now he sends men to beat up Sehun.” He said as he watched Sehun push Jaebum away from him.

“Come, try hitting me. Do it with your own hands.” Sehun challenged him, Jaebum snorted.

“Are you really going to play this game with me?” Jaebum shot back, Sehun smirked at him.

“Since you started it, I’m going to end it for you.” He replied evenly, Jaebum threw a punch at him and missed.

Kai shook his head, Somin looked on worriedly.

“She’s already asked you many times to stop bothering her,” Sehun walked towards him, his hands were both in his pant pockets.

“But you just wont listen.” He hissed before making the tip of his shoe connect with his jaw, Jaebum fell down on the street with a sickening thud.

Somin halted, Jaebum flinched as he tried to stand up, Sehun leaned forward to meet his gaze, his men started to surround him, their cold gazes on the now injured male.

“So, before you send your so-called goons to attack me,” Sehun said conversationally as Jaebum swallowed in panic.

 

“Do another background check, because dealing with your men is way below my pay grade.” Sehun smirked before standing up and walking away from the male.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++