CHAPTER 7

HEARTS' MELODY

Seungho's point of view:

"Hyung, you're here!" Mir yells over to me as I enter our dorm.

"Oh Mir, am I too late?"

"No, the kids aren't even here yet."

"Thank God." That was a relief.

     After I left AhnJi's apartment I had nearly ran half of the way to get here. If our manager knew about my frequent outings he'd probably kill me.

"Hyung, where were you?" Thunder now asked.

"Oh, I was just with a friend."

"A friend? . . Did you meet someone at that club?" G.O. then asked.

"I haven't been to that club in a while." I stated as I walked into my room to change.

"Really? Then where have you been running off to?" Thunder asks again.

     They followed me into the room and continued to interrogate me.

"Their's no time for this. I'll explain it to you guys later, okay?"

     Just then we heard the doorbell ring. Saved by the bell. It literally saved me from having to explain how I've been chasing after AhnJi. I laughed internally as I thought about it. Was I taking this too far? AhnJi has no idea who I even am, how can I expect her to believe that I can make her into an idol if she doesn't know I am one?

"We'll talk later then. Come on guys." G.O. says finally.

     One by one they all exited the room, letting me change in peace. What was I going to tell them if they brought it up later? The truth is a bit embarrassing to say, but their was no way of hiding it. I should just stick to my previous story: I was with a friend. It's too soon to tell the guys about my sudden obsession with AhnJi, right?

"Hyung, come on. The kids and crew are here." Lee Joon then came in the room and said.

"Yeah, I'm coming."

     As Joon left the room, I reached into my jeans pockets and pulled out the note AhnJi had given me. I quickly dialed the numbers on to my phone and saved it under 'Clueless.' It was the perfect nickname for her at the moment.

"Hyuuuuuuung!" Mir called.

"Coming!"

     I hid the note under my pillow and put my phone back into my pocket before heading out to greet the kids. I wanted today's filming to end already, I really wanted to talk to AhnJi again.


Author's point of view:

     As Seungho and the rest of the members of MBLAQ were filming another episode of 'Hello Baby,' AhnJi was out and about again. She was trying to find a new job, a job that wouldn't be as bad as her last one. This morning she was surprised that Seungho had come to her home after all the multiple embarrassing scenes she had caused. She was glad however that he didn't give up on her completely.

"Annyeonghaseo, are you hiring?" AhnJi asked the owner of a small Korean restaurant.

"Oh Annyeonghaseo, I'm sorry sweetie. We're not hiring at the moment."

"It's okay. Thanks anyway."

     That's how it was most of the day. She'd go into any small business and ask if they were hiring. She was rejected by some and others had just hired people. Either she wasn't qualified or she was just a bit too late. AhnJi was about to call it a day until she heard a beautiful melody from the distance.

 

"Where is that coming from?" She asked out loud.

     She followed the sound of the piano until she reached a small corner shop. The sign on the window informed her that it was a piano school. Their was also a bright 'Open' sign on the door that made her confident enough to open the door. As she opened the door, she quickly found the person creating this beautiful melody. She slowly walked in, as to not interrupt the lesson, and stood behind the two girls sitting at the piano's bench. One played the piano as the other watched in amazement.

"You can learn this in no time." One of the girls said, AhnJi assumed she was the teacher.

"You really think so?" The other girl asked, beaming.

"Of course you can! Oh." The teacher says after getting up from the bench.

     She was surprised to see AhnJi in the room.

"I'm sorry for interrupting." AhnJi bows.

"No, it's okay. Is their something I can help you with?"

"I, umm-" AhnJi didn't really have a good reason for being there.

"Do you know how to play?" The teacher then asked.

"Uh?. .Yeah, a little."

"SunMi, that's all for today. You did great." The teacher turns her attention back to the other girl.

"Okay, thank you Mrs. Choi." SunMi bowed and exited.

"Now, what's your name dear?" Mrs. Choi asked.

"I'm AhnJi, Lee AhnJi."

"AhnJi, I'm Mrs. Choi," She bowed, "Why don't you play a little?" She motions towards the piano.

"You want me to play?"

"Yeah, come on. Just for a bit."

     With that said, AhnJi made her way to the piano and sat on the bench alongside Mrs. Choi. AhnJi was a bit nervous and she couldn't really understand why. Maybe it was Mrs. Choi's professionalism or the fact that AhnJi wanted to be acknowledged for her talent. AhnJi hadn't played the piano since she announced she was quitting the show business, but she didn't want to disappoint Mrs. Choi right now. So she began to play and let out all of her frustrations through music, just like she use to.

"That was wonderful AhnJi. That was better than I expected."

"Thank you." AhnJi shyly looks down at the piano keys.

"How long have you been playing?"

"Almost nine years now." AhnJi says.

     AhnJi explains to Mrs. Choi how her mother had forced her to take piano lessons and she ended up loving it.

"AhnJi, I'm actually looking to hire another piano teacher. I think you qualify beautifully."

"Oh my God, really?" AhnJi asks too happily.

"Haha, yes. You'd be perfect. Would you like to work with me?"

"I'd love to!"

"Great. I'd be grateful if you could come in tomorrow afternoon, around three maybe? So that I can show you the basic lessons I give here and to go over your salary."

"Yes, of course. I'll be here. Thank you, really." AhnJi bowed.

"I'll see you tomorrow then. Goodnight, AhnJi."

"Goodnight, thank you." She thanked her again as she exited the piano school.

     Today's job hunt was a success after all. She walked away happily, her smile never leaving her face.

In the meanwhile:

     Seungho was playing with Lauren and Leo. Dayoung had fallen asleep and was left to rest in the kids bedroom.

"Appa, what happened to the pretty unnie from last time?" Lauren asked Seungho.

     The members and the camera crew looked over at Lauren and Seungho, confused by her question. What 'Pretty unnie?'

"Uh?" Seungho looks over at Lauren nervously.

"When are we going to see her again?"

"I don't know Lauren. . Let's play hide and seek now. You hide first okay?" Seungho changes the subject.

     G.O. and Thunder looked at each other. They knew something was up, they just didn't know what exactly. They only knew that it involved a girl now. For the rest of the evening G.O. had spent his time cooking, while Joon helped him. Thunder left early for another schedule and Mir was left to deal with the kids. Seungho's back began to ache as he played with the kids, so he now headed to his room to rest a bit. MBLAQ was to do their first broadcast of their title track, 'Run' and Seungho was in no way feeling in shape for it.

     As Seungho laid on his bed, he pulled out his phone and immediately texted AhnJi.

To: Clueless

From: Seungho

Are you awake?

     Seungho waits for AhnJi's response.

To:Seungho

From: Clueless

Who's this?

     AhnJi didn't have Seungho's number so she didn't know who she was texting.

To: Clueless

From: Seungho

Seungho TT_TT

     As she realized that it was her crazy stalker texting her, she saved his number under 'Stalker.'

To: Stalker

From: Clueless

Oh. haha. Well, I guess you know I'm awake now. What's up?

To: Clueless

From: Stalker

How was your day??

To: Stalker

From: Clueless

That's what you want to know? You're not outside stalking me right? 

To: Clueless

From: Stalker

No! I have a life too you know.

To: Stalker

From: Clueless

Lol I know. I was just kidding. Well, it was actually a VERY good day.

To: Clueless

From: Stalker

Really? Why?

To: Stalker

From: Clueless

I got a job! I am going to give piano lessons ^^

To: Clueless

From: Stalker

That's great AhnJi! Are you going to start singing again?

To: Stalker

From: Clueless

No . . . How was your day?

To: Clueless

From: Stalker

TT_TT Waeeee? Don't change the subject.

To: Stalker

From: Clueless

I'll text you tomorrow okay? It's late. . Goodnight stalker!

To: Clueless

From: Stalker

Fine. . Goodnight AhnJi. 

 

     AhnJi didn't want to kill her buzz with such unhappy thoughts so she ended the conversation there. She walked over to her couch and laid there, thinking. Thinking about how life is looking a bit brighter these days, thanks to her new stalker.

     Seungho on the other hand was thinking about a way to get AhnJi to sing again. She now had a job involving music and that was a start but he needed a way to motivate her just a bit more. Just as he thought it over he received a text message from BEAST's leader, Yoon Doojoon. All of a sudden a brilliant idea came to his mind.