Chapter 5B

Gravity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since Byul is actually a producer of the show there were no issues granting the couple a few days of intermission so that they could get married. The show is to make it appear as if them getting engaged was part of the program’s content, and has therefore merited them a “skip” card, meaning they didn’t have to participate in the next mission, without them having to lose by forfeit.

 

The very idea of marriage should be shaking them both up around this time, but they’re weirdly pretty chill about it. They’re floating in the clouds right now. On top of the premise of them technically being on the set of a TV show, the seriousness and permanence and what they’re about to do haven’t really sunken in yet.

 

They schedule the wedding a week after the proposal…actually it happened more like:

 

B: "Let's get married tomorrow" while they chill in the hotel room.

Y: “Well it can’t be tomorrow just like that, maybe in a week?”
B: “Cool Unnie, let’s get married in a week!”

 

Magically both their families (including Wheein and Hwasa of course) are able to clear their schedules with only a few days' notice. They were all flown in to be there for the official ceremony. Yong and Byul were however made to promise a bigger celebration back home for when they sign the contract. Of course, they agree–they’d very gladly hold a big gay celebration over their parents disowning them any day.

 

Yong and Byul agree to not see each other before the wedding. They again surprise themselves at it being pleasant–they missed each other immediately but were able to stop themselves from sneaking out to see one another as they found that they needed time alone to themselves, to actually spend time mulling over the things that are about to change, which the entire short week of planning did not provide.

 

That evening the gravity of what they were about to do finally weighs Byul down and she realizes how she is about to marry someone she was willing to love from afar for the rest of her life.

 

Now she’s shook. A lot shook.

 

When they do see each other day of the wedding, in line waiting to be called when it’s their turn to be officiated, there is suddenly nothing to say.

 

B: “Hi”

Y: “Hi”

B: “…”

Y: “You can still run while we're still out here, Byul.”

B: “If maybe Taeyeon-unnie were to pull me out of here herself I may reconsider.”

 

Yong hits Byul on the shoulder. Hard.

 

B: “OW! Unnie you can’t hit me like that anymore I'll charge you with domestic abuse or something.”

NY: “Taeyeon-sunbaenim will never show up here. I heard rumors that she and Tiffany-sunbaenim have something like you and me going on. Just…less public, I guess. And easier, since Tiffany is an American citizen.”

B: “…That's pretty cool, I literally followed in my idol’s footsteps to the T…But stop assaulting me. That really hurt by the way. And right before I marry you, no less.”

Y: “Well you were being an asshat.”

 

Byul keeps rubbing the spot where Yong hit her, so Yong presses a kiss to it.

 

Y: “Sorry, Jagi.”

B: “It's alright Solar-ssi, I love and accept you and your flaws.”

 

Yong playfully goes to pretend to hit Byul again and this time Byul dodges. When they both stop snickering Yong takes Byul’s hand.

 

Their hands have always fit so snugly together and she understands now why Byul would just randomly pick up her hand to hold for no reason so often. It's kind of one of the best things in the world.

 

Byul then nuzzles her Unnie’s face out of the blue, very Byul of her to do, especially in the earlier years. Yong never knew how to respond correctly, or if there was ever such a thing as a correct response, so it seemed to make sense to scream “Isanghae!” and proceed to either push Byul away or hit her repeatedly (or just let Byul be), which were genuine reactions from her at the time. Byul always had the penchant for showing her affection she hadn't done anything to deserve.

 

Now though, that Yong is fully awake, she’s come to understand that over the years she was progressively falling in love with her Sweet Star, and at the sheer softness of every instance of these gestures.

 

She's always been made to feel so, so loved. Now she knows that she is also so, so lucky.

 

“Byul-ah, you wrote so romantically to me. In those letters. I don't think I've told you that yet,” Yong points out softly, blinking slowly.

 

In these few moments and even fewer words expended with the Yin to her Yang, all of Moonbyul’s nerves collectively dissipate.

 

B: “Those were the final extraction of all my grease, Unnie. Your suffering has ended. Which is a good thing because you insist on tying me to your side from now on. May we have a happy married life.”

Y: “Once and for all, Byul, I’ll definitely cringe at your greasiness forever, but you did just talk about loving and accepting flaws, so, you know, give and take, right?”

 

They fall into another peaceful but heavily charged silence. Until Byul begins to violently sob out of nowhere, her nerves getting replaced with inexplicable utter exuberance.

 

She supposes it was the culmination of all the ruminating she spent the past 24 hours or so doing–shock, acceptance, and the sort of gratitude she’s never before felt in her life.

 

With tears flowing down her face, she bows low in her seat, taking both her unnie’s hands into hers and pressing tender kisses unto them. She whispers her thanks to her unnie “for the chance” and “for everything.”

 

Y: “Aniya, M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter