Chapter 2: I Found You

Until I Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunlight beams into your eyes, waking you up. You groan and reach for your phone, which you forgot to charge. A sigh of frustration was let out, you grab your charger and slap it into your phone. Charging, you head to the bathroom to start your day.

It's already been a couple of days since you've arrived in Korea. There was a few more days before your semester starts. So far, you were liking it, other than the cheap but amazing food they have. You also were liking the atmosphere here. Halmeoni came in the day after you moved and woke you up with free brewed coffee and homemade kimchi. The next door couple gave you banchan alongside uncooked ramyeon. Even the young lady gave you a set of wooden chopsticks. "I'm really liking it here." you say to yourself as you finish brushing your teeth before you go into the shower.

You finish showering and dress up. You head into your living room and stretch for a bit. Afterwards, you slip into your slides and head to your door to check outside for mail or packages. None, good, you head back inside to prep breakfast. A quick scrambled eggs with rice and the kimchi from Halmeoni. You sit down and munch down on your food. After eating, you head back into your bedroom to check on your phone. 43%, better than nothing.

You sit down on your couch checking emails, you see another email from "The Singing Stop: Karaoke" you've been putting off meeting with them because you wanted to work in a cafe or restaurant more. But with no other choice, you finally reply. They respond quick saying that the reason they need staff fast is because they are a private karaoke wherein you have to reserve ahead of time to get a room and every room a staff should be on standby in a room connected to the guests' room. They said that they have multiple rooms packed every weekend and are understaffed to accomodate all reservation due to multiple staff quitting. Though this may seem like a red flag under other circumstances, your current situation has you desperate. Considering among the multiple places hiring you have contacted they were the only ones that got back. You repond and agree upon a meeting.

 

~Time Skip Late Afternoon~

 

You head out walking down and start walking towards the main road. That's when you see a huge signage "The Singing Stop: Karaoke". The place is literally 2 blocks from your apartment. You head in and is greeted by what seems like the manager. You tidy up before preparing your scripted Korean, "Annyeonghaseyo, cheonun, Y/N-imnida. I'm here for the interview?" finishing off your sentence in English. This confuses the manager, "You're a foreigner? Hopefully you can speak Korean as good as the hangul from your emails." she responds in full English as well. Baffled, all you can do was nod, before she leads you to her office. She asks you the basic questions, age, previous jobs, etc.

The interview finishes and she says "Okay, you start tonight." handing you a shirt with "The Singing Stop: Karaoke" embroidered in hangul on it. Shocked at the forwardness, you can do nothing but accept the shirt. "The staff's locker room is the door next to my office you can change and leave your stuff there. Might I add, though I know you have common sense, no phones, no drinking or partying with the guests. You are purely connected to their room for the sake of its convenience. Understand" she says, you nod as she shoos you away. "One last thing..." she says as you were about to exit her office. "Full Korean tonight please, only then, will you be able to secure the job." 

You head into the staff locker room. Preparing for what is to come, years of listening to K-Pop and watching K-Dramas have prepared you for this. You were in no means horrible at Korean but you definitely need sharpening. You take a huge sigh of nervousness and change into your uniform. As you walk out, other workers are now entering the establishment and you introduce yourself as the new hire in Korean as you see the manager watching from a far. As far as you can see the other workers were okay none of them were bad apples. Some of them even talked to you in English after saying you're from a different country, so that you can better understand them but you can still feel the manager's eyes lasering into you. You were given a tour by one of them, the longest standing staff of the place aside from the manager, he says his name is Byung-Ho. He shows you the rooms and their connected booths. In the booth, there was only a fridge stocked up with drinks, a sink along with a countertop which had a tray on top, a green light activated by a button on the table in the room and a door leading to the main hallway. Byung-Ho explains that for food orders, you'd have to walk to the kitchen and give the order. He also teaches you the normal introduction and a few tips if you can't understand the customer, which was just point to the menu so you see what they're trying to order. You both chuckle and he leads you back to the front.

As everyone finishes prepping, everyone settles on the front desk awaiting instructions as the night was approaching. A few minutes pass and the manager walks out holding a clipboard. She assigns you first, saying in Korean "Newbie, it's tradition here that the new person gets the biggest party of guests as their first, lucky for you we have a party of 12 coming in tonight. I'll give you room 3. Understood?". You nod, everyone cheers but you can't help but fear the struggle that is to come.

The night is going as well as you'd hope it to so far. With the assigned group to you still not there, you assist your co-workers. You being on standby up front, you were tasked to run food orders to the kitchen. Which wasn't as bad as running a room on your own, the scenario that was to come later on.

Another hour or so pass and a group of females enter asking for the reservation of twelve, you greet them and lead them to their room. "They seem familiar..." you thought to yourself. Not wanting to be racist but they looked like idols from a group you stan Loona especially one of them who's eyes looked like Haseul's. But with masks, you can't confirm anything. They follow you to the room, you do the introduction instructed to you by Byung-Ho earlier, explaining that if they need anything they just need to press the button on the table and you will enter through the connected room. You also iterate over and over to not be shy as the connected room was soundproof for the privacy and is solely for the customer's convinience. They nod and you leave them to enter the connected room through the hallway.

You sit on a chair you've snuck into said room, you pull out your phone that you've hidden from the manager and start scrolling when a battery warning pops up "20% battery remaining". You curse at yourself for not recharging your phone before heading out. Granted, you weren't expecting to start working today. You hide your phone again, standing up to marvel at the stocked up fridge. Around 5 more minutes pass and the green light lights up. You knock before entering the connected room.

Shocked, you stifle a gasp, it is Loona! Your inner fanboy trying to come out whilst you approach them. A few of them notice you staring and they murmur. Namely, Yeojin, Choerry, Jinsoul and Hyunjin. "A-Annyeonghas-eyo, cheonun, Y/N-imnida. Welcome once again to The Singing Stop. How can I help you?" you greet nervously in your best Korean. Chuu raises her hand and you rush over. "Annyeonghaseyo, we would like to order 12 bottles of soju and beer, margherita pizza and fried chicken please." she says in pure korean. Doing your best to hide the excitement, you stand and lean over her and repeat her order to which she confrims with a nod. You bow as you exit to the booth again.

In the hallway, you see Byung-Ho, all your excitement and andrenaline came out and you fanboy to him about Loona in straight full on Korean. He stares at you shocked, "You just spoke Korean with no mistakes, good job!  Also, they're regulars, don't act too starstrucked. Channel that excitement to speaking Korean like you did talking to me. Lastly, they're looking at you.". You peer into the room through the huge window of the door and lock eyes with Heejin whom points at you chuckling. Rushing to the kitchen to avoid the embarassment, you and Byung-Ho run into the manager, eyeing you two. "How is he doing Byung-Ho?" she asks him. He explains that you were pretty decent at Korean. She nods but without giving you the side eye.

Having given the order to the kitchen, you head back but making sure you ran past the window. Sure that no one notices due to Chuu's rendition of Tears which was ringing all throughout the hallway. You head inside your booth once again and prepare their tableware. You knock once again before heading into their room again carrying the tray. Nothing can prepare you for what was happening to the other side of the room, everyone was jumping up and down while Chuu slays Tears, you weave through them and place the tableware down. Expecting them to calm down whilst you were inside was a wrong assumption, they instead try to get you to party with them namely Chuu herself and Heejin whom was closest to the door leading to the booth. They try to make you dance along especially Heejin whom was mocking how you fanboyed to Byung-Ho about them. You couldn't do nothing but bop your head along and smile. You head back and close the door momentarily.

Taking a very deep breath because of how close they were to you. You try to calm yourself again whilst preparing their soju and beer. You carry the tray once again knocking before entering again. Seeing a few of them searching up their respective song choices whilst Jinsoul sings a ballad you don't know the title to. You lay down the bottles on the table again and they quickly grabbed a bottle of soju and beer respectively. Before heading back, Heejin grabs your forearm, handing you something. Thinking it was a tip, which is greatly appreciated, you much more appreciate more what she hands you. A piece of paper with all of their signatures on it. You can't help but gasp and blush, thanking them profusely. All of them chuckle even the singer, Jinsoul.

 

~From Here On All Dialogues Are Korean~

 

"We saw you fanboying to your co-worker earlier and we knew you would be too shy to ask for it so we agreed to sign it." Heejin says, you thank them all again bowing over and over. They chuckle again and you excuse yourself to exit. You ogle at the signatures in the booth blushing profusely. A knock was heard from the hallway, you check, it was the kitchen staff with their food order. You knock again and enter to place their food. Olivia Hye and Gowon's voices ringing through.

You finish placing their food and everyone digs in except for Yves whom tapped you and ordered more soju and beer, 12 more to be exact. You quickly obliged and head back to the booth to prep. Carrying the tray you place the bottles on the table again. You ask if there was anything more you can help them with to which they said no to. As you walk out you make eye contact again with Haseul, she gives you a smile with her tantalizing eye smile, making you blush full in the booth and making you squeal out loud. You see the manager peer through and you had to play coy to which she ignores the squeals you made.

 

~Time Skip A Bit Over An Hour~

 

A few more orders of beer and soju have passed, though the orders have lessened from 12 to merely 2 of each. The green light lights up once again. You prep atleast 5 bottles of each prepared to carry the tray for their orders of beer and soju. You enter the room once again, seeing Olivia Hye and Gowon passed out while Yeojin,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter