Chapter 17

Fated To Love You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Something was happening that Rosé didn't understand.

Ever since she learned about Suzy and Ji Eun being exes, she felt like she'd lost Suzy. Every day she would go to the hospital and every day Ji Eun would be there, talking to Suzy or helping her with her breathing exercises and physiotherapy.

Suzy had experienced something horrifying. Her health was more important than Rosé's jealousy. But it was hard to watch Ji Eun step into the space that Rosé felt it was hers.

Rosé reached Suzy's room. She will be discharged today and she couldn't wait to take home. When she opened the door, her heart almost stopped. Suzy was slowly trying to walk with Ji Eun by her side, holding her arm.

'' What are you doing ? '' She exclaimed angrily.

'' Trying to walk ? '' Suzy said through a tough breath as she tried to take another step.

Ji Eun nodded her head '' Early movement can help prevent complications. She can't use the crutches yet because of her broken ribs.''

Rosé shook her head annoyed before zeroing in on Ji Eun '' As far as i'm concerned, you're not her physiotherapist.'' She looked at Suzy '' And you, why are you out of bed ? You should follow the treatment plan your physiotherapist gave you. You're exhausting yourself.''

Suzy looked at her for a second with a smirk. She felt like she has been discovering a new side of Rosé lately. '' I'm fine, Chaeyoung.'' She murmured softly.

'' Easy tiger.'' Ji Eun said to Rosé with amusement in her voice.

'' You look like you're in pain.'' She stated gently to her.

''I'm sore.'' Suzy said giving in knowing there was no point in lying to her '' But this is going to help me recover faster.'' She struggled to take another step.

Maybe Rosé couldn't read Suzy before but now, she could read every tiny expression on her face. She was clearly in pain. Her eyes landed on the white bandage that was showing up from her gown. The sight served as a reminder of the events that unfolded five days ago.

'' We're not pushing her too far.. just enough to help her recovery.'' Ji Eun insisted. She held on tight to keep Suzy up, seeing she got tired.

Rosé got on Suzy's other side before wrapping her arm around her waist '' Can i join you in your final lap ? ''

'' Bold of you to assume this is my final lap.'' Suzy whispered to Rosé.

'' Bold of you to assume i'd let you have another lap. You'll be discharge today. Don't do anything reckless that might prolong your stay here.'' Rosé turned her head to kiss Suzy on the cheek.

'' So bossy.''  Suzy's lips were lifted into a smile '' I like it.''

''Are you okay ? '' The brief squeeze of Rosé's hand caught her attention.

'' Yes, just tired.''  She looked at Suzy and tried to give her a genuine smile, but a tired smile was certainly all she could show her.

'' You need to sleep.'' The way she spoke made it more than clear how bad she felt for Rosé's lack of sleep, even though she repeatedly told her that it wasn't her fault.

'' I will, as soon as we're home.'' 

Before Suzy could answer, the door was opened and Ji Eun and Nana walked in.

'' Your test results are good. You can finally get discharged.'' Nana announced.

'' Finally! I miss being outside. I think i've forgotten what the sun looks like.'' She looked out the window to the cloudy sky and it wasn't making her feel any better.

'' Suzy, no more heroics please, just go home and rest.'' Nana said.

Suzy shrugged '' It's not my fault i got hit by a car.''

Ji Eun chuckled '' Just go home already. I'll pass by tomorrow to check on you. I believe Rosé will stay at your house until you recover.''

'' We're being paged. Sorry Suzy but i have to go. Feel better. And listen to your girlfriend. '' Nana said in a rush as she and Ji Eun left the room.

Being alone with Suzy again meant unpredictability. Rosé tried to move away, but when she moved her hand, trying to disengage it from Suzy's, her grip became intense.

'' Can you help me ? '' Suzy asked.

'' Of course, what do you need ? ''

'' I don't think i can get changed by myself.'' 

'' Maybe

Please log in to read the full chapter