Chapter Three: Miriam’s Diary

Our Shining Days (with Jake from ENHYPEN)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Miriam was getting out her books for today’s class and had mistakenly dropped her diary. However, she didn’t notice that it was missing.

During a free study period, she found the diary sitting on her usual spot. She wondered how it got there.

 

.

.

.

 

FLASHBACK

After Miriam dropped her diary, Jake Shim actually picked it up to return it to her. But he couldn't help but wonder what she had been writing about. He looked through the page on the day she first came to school.

 

.

.

.

 

MONDAY

Today was my first day at the Saint Peter’s Lutheran College. I was really excited. But to tell you the truth, it was pretty expensive. My mother and I may not be rich, but we are very fortunate.

To tell you a little about myself, I am a Genovian. And I remembered that in 2013, Australia was invaded by the army from my country and many had to flee, and it was mostly children. When I first moved here two months ago in the Summer, I thought I was going to be met with war. But luckily, everything was safe.

I wanted to go to a school that specializes in socializing with students with autism (like me). Once I came to this school, I could tell that I was not going to fit in. All of the other students looked like they came from rich families and just came here to have a good time, or even just be show- offs like I would see in movies and TV shows. Obviously… there had to be at least one.

This girl, Kang Yeji, supposedly the school principal’s daughter, tried to tell me off and said that Jake Shim, the school’s K-Pop celebrity and famous member of ENHYPEN, wouldn’t date newbies like me. I know it’s not true, since before he left, he actually gave me a warm smile.

So…one day, I will work up the nerve and ask this man out on a date…as friends of course. I know he probabl

Please log in to read the full chapter