36 | five hearts

Idol Factory
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Minjeong, I have a crush on you."

Ryujin confessed while looking dazedly yet earnestly.

A muted atmosphere swallowed the living room whole. Everyone present was openly looking at the two girls with shocked expressions, except for Jimin who appeared to be staring with an indecipherable face.

Feeling trapped within Ryujin's gaze, Minjeong wasn't sure what to do with the situation and gazed back at the latter who she detected was slowly leaning closer.

Minjeong was backing away instinctively until her back touched Jimin's arm, leaving no more room for distancing away. She almost forgot that Jimin was next to her too— and this idea brought more chaos into her mind.

When glancing behind her, the shorter saw how Jimin looked unbothered but was peering immensely at the girl in front of her.

Alcohol is bad... bad...!

Minjeong panicked internally the minute she felt Ryujin drunkenly lock her hands behind her neck and pull her away, putting a gap between Jimin's arm and Minjeong's back.

Ryujin looked at the latter with tired eyes, "I really admire you."

Pulling her closer and closer, Minjeong was about to push Ryujin away until a loud stomp resounded in the room.

"No!!!"

This caused everyone to snap out of their trance and look at the culprit. Jimin stood up with a jolt, furrowed brows, and was clenching onto the side of her pants.

She shouted, panting as if in difficulty the second she realized everyone's attention was stuck on her. Though thanks to this, Ryujin stopped whatever she was doing and passed out on her back against Somi's body.

Now that all eyes were on her, Jimin's body stiffened as she realized what happened. Humiliation quickly rose from her cheeks. She didn't want to look too suspicious, thus, faked a bad stomach.

She placed a hand on her stomach, purposely slouched her body, and stumbled. Then the other hand covered , she smiled apologetically and subtly bowed her head.

"Sorry, it's my stomach- I-"

Before she could finish her words, the acting suddenly became the real thing and Jimin felt -watering. The sudden feeling caused her eyes to widen and rushed into Aeri's bedroom.

Amidst the quietness that descended the room, everyone looked at each other awkwardly while the faint sound of Jimin throwing up in the bathroom can be heard in the background.

Disregarding whatever happened, Minjeong laughed the tension away and told everyone that she'll go and check on Jimin. So she stood up, stepped into the bedroom, and closed the door.

Leaving everyone astonished, Aeri couldn't help but snort and look at the surroundings. It seemed like the occurrence sobered up the drunkies as most of them had their eyes focused on the sleeping girl on Somi's lap.

"So, are you guys gay?"

Breaking the silence, she asked out of nowhere as everyone looked each other in the eye and bursts out in laughter.

Meanwhile, in the bedroom, Minjeong looked through the open doorway across the room and saw Jimin hunched down in front of the toilet.

It seemed like she still wasn't done since one of her hands was tightly gripping onto the lid, ready to let out more.

Minjeong frowned at this and stood behind the latter, leaning against the doorway.

"Are you okay?"

Glancing at Minjeong, Jimin's vision was in spirals. She pursed her lips and shook her head.

Minjeong was about to speak when the latter felt something rise in her stomach and began throwing up once again.

Jimin was ashamed and that feeling got even worst as she knew Minjeong was merely standing behind her, watching. She must be disgusted— that she thought until the shorter took a step and held her hair back with a hand, caressing her back gently.

"Don't worry, Jimin. I'm not disgusted."

Although her voice was soft, her tone carried a calmness and confidence that Jimin had never heard before. The effect of Minjeong's comforting touch on her back, eased her stiff body, a soothing feeling taking over.

As soon as she finished, Jimin sat dazed for a long moment. But when she came to her senses, she stood up and her face flushed just by the sight of Minjeong looking at her worriedly.

Though as if this wasn't bothering her, Jimin approached the sink and brushed her teeth with the spare toothbrush on the shelf. Minjeong simply watched, making sure nothing too serious happens.

"You don't look too good... We should go when you finish, I'll drive."

Immediately after, Jimin took a deep breath and composed herself properly. She didn't know why but it felt strange how the shorter knew she wasn't feeling any better.

In fact, Minjeong did know what was happening. With the help of the system, she knew what was going on by looking at her status ailments.

Eventually, she noticed the taller's disheveled hair and moved closer to straighten it. Although Jimin wanted to dodge the gesture at first, she succumbed in the end and sighed.

"You okay now?"

"Dizzy..."

Due to the alcohol, everything was still spinning and Jimin stumbled against Minjeong. Thankfully, the latter was quick enough to react before she could fall and held her firmly.

Even though she was already a mess, Jimin felt her heart pounding irregularly. Despite this, she comfortably laid her head on the shorter's shoulder, not daring to pull away as she was afraid of exposing her reddened face.

She wasn't sure if it was because of the alcohol, but she suddenly found the rupture of courage to bury her face in the crook of Minjeong's neck while recalling a certain event.

"I'm sorry, my stomach hurts."

Minjeong shivered as those last words vibrated against her skin. Getting sick, not feeling so good, close to each other, and they were in the bathroom... Doesn't that all sound so familiar?

"This feels so uncanny..." Minjeong said as she reluctantly wrapped her arms around the taller to softly pat her back, "I can't tell if you're doing this on purpose or you're really drunk, Jimin."

She could feel Jimin's lips curling into a smile against her neck, "You're an idiot."

Minjeong raised her brows though chose not to ask why and chuckled the thought away. Jimin's probably too tired to do anything else at this state anyway.

 

 

Upon taking their leave, Minjeong had no trouble carrying Jimin into the convertible they parked behind the apartment. It was thanks to the system for granting her an irregular physique, Jimin was as light as a pillow.

It was a good thing that they finished at almost 1 a.m and that the people roaming around the streets were almost nonexistent. Well, even if someone were to take a photo of her carrying Jimin— it wouldn't be a problem either way.

Minjeong was certain that she could lie and defend herself in the forums that Jimin had fallen asleep and she was only helping her get back home.

Later, they finally arrived back home as Minjeong tapped in the code and carefull

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter