Bad Kid for Christmas

Bad Kid for Christmas
Please log in to read the full chapter

Miyeon was never the type to party, yet alone a party to celebrate some stupid commercial day such as Christmas. She had no problem socializing but she couldn’t say she enjoyed spending a frigid day at some random classmate’s house filled with equally unfamiliar faces. But then, there was her best friend begging her to come, the same goes for all her friends and then there was this dwelling sadness that successfully bent her unwillingness… 

 

She was here, yes, but only to drink her sorrow away while she could see Minnie dancing happily in the middle, Yuqi talking to her crush and Sana well making out with someone. The latter promised to stay with her throughout but she must have forgotten it after one too many shots and a gorgeous woman strutting past her. Miyeon scoffed her best friend who brought her here and her gayness for ditching her first thing at the sight of a cute girl. 


 

Miyeon wasn’t about to judge or anything, she just let out that very bitter snort at the nauseating sight before gulping down yet another glass of the bittersweet burning liquid down . She’s used to Sana just jumping on any girl that fancied her drunken attention but today the scene just made her reciprocate the urge to smooch… her bottle of booze. To each their own and today Miyeon was in the deep end holding the shortest stick of unfortunate circumstances. 

 

Why did she need to drink ? 

 

Well, many things and nothing at once. 

 

She had lower grades this year and of course it didn’t fail to catch a certain someone’s attention who then got better grades. She also decided to give up on her longtime crush. She loved that girl dearly but what was the use in it the said girl was practically taken by her childhood friend. She had known her since the start of this year, coincidentally sharing classes and grew to learn all the things that made her so … special. But soon enough, Miyeon also got to know her childhood friend that came like a one plus one package deal and before she knew it, it was like fighting a losing battle. 

 

Not forgetting how she hated all this merry and happy sensation all over the place when no… it wasn’t all merry and happy for her. She lost her hopes and decided that this was it. It was no use keeping this up when her love was one-sided. 


 

Miyeon had so many petty problems, it was just her life and her feelings… nothing more and nothing less. She should’ve known that university wouldn’t be such a smooth ride and guess that it only took one cute wolfish smile to rock her world. Yet, it was hard to explain why it hurt so much. 

 

Her friends knew she wasn’t feeling all that great lately but she had never told them why. Just shrugging it and blaming it on the exhaustion which wasn’t a lie, she was indeed emotionally exhausted, it is hard to let go of someone you love, but, it was for the sake of the girl she liked.

 

Out of all the people she could have fallen for… it had to be the one person she would never get. 

 

Another glass down. Another one filled. 

 

Miyeon was alone in a secluded spot of the kitchen, people preferred to stay outside, most likely in the living room or the frozen garden as there was just as much alcohol there but with the addition of loud echoing music and drunken liveliness. However, Miyeon liked this little dark corner better, it was quieter and she could simply just sit there while downing yet another glass in peace. 


 

It was great.


 

“I knew I’d see you at a party but didn’t think you would be alone and… drinking this.” 

 

The voice rang in her sensitive ears that longed for the empty silence and quiet buzz. It was familiar but her mind was hazy and she couldn’t form any viable string of thoughts.

 

“Wow you actually finished half of that bottle, are you okay.?” The intruder said before walking closer to her. The smell was also familiar and she could see the white fabric of a dainty dress entering her field of blurry vision. 


 

“Do I look okay ?” Miyeon retorted bitterly, raising a challenging eyebrow at the person who just smiled softly at the sight.


 

Miyeon looked… well… drunk. Her rosy cheeks and dilated pupils with her raspier low voice, it was just so unexpected from the always perfect student that was Cho Miyeon. The princess of the campus. If seeing her drunk was already a sight to behold, the odds of seeing such a likable and equally popular person all alone in a deserted kitchen would be equal to winning the lottery. 


 

“You got a point, but you could at least share.” The younger woman said, snatching Miyeon’s glass from her cold hands and taking a sip out of it.


 

“Hey ~ it’s mine !” Miyeon groaned and tried to stand up but her dizziness made her fall right back in her seat. She was reduced to incoherent mutters as the world went off its axis and decided to tumble in her eyes. 


 

“Eww, that’s strong. How did you even finish half of that bottle.” The pale girl said, a deep frown of disgust etched onto her sculpture-like face. Her warm brown eyes lowered only to find her older friend trying to regain her senses and she chuckled at how wasted Miyeon was.



 

“If it’s not up to your taste then give it back to me~” Miyeon slurred out in a long sentence that was hardly formed. Her glare was as aggressive as a newborn puppy due to her rosy face and her body naturally tipping from side to side in an effort to combat the world’s rotation. 


 

“Nope, you drank too much and I need some for myself.” The woman in a white dress retorted before chugging down the glass, frowning hard at how it burned her inside and at the overpowering bitter taste. She hated it but at least, there was no more near the wasted red-head. 


 

“Yah-” Miyeon yelled loudly at the sight.


 

“Done, now let’s go.” The younger of the two dragged Miyeon out of the kitchen, her pale hand grabbing a secured hold of the cold ones and skillfully stirring them to an even more secluded place. A room.


 

“Now tell me, why does the perfect Miyeon suddenly drink her life out at a Christmas party.” The youngest asked.


 

“Why should I tell you.?” Miyeon defied in a haughty tone that didn’t help in masking her slurred words. She pulled her hand away and crossed her arms against her chest, feeling cornered. 


 

“Because I’m here and that you owe me an explanation.” The other said copying her stance. The pale alabaster of her face slowly lost its warm smile and instead reverted to a serious, almost cold, expression.


 

“Well, I had a crush on someone but her best friend also had a crush on that same person. At first I was just stubborn and decided to mask my feelings with petty fights… but then I don’t know how but even when we bickered we got closer until I realised that there was no turning back… that is until a month ago her friend said she was confessing to her tonight at the party. On Christmas. Baby Jesus' birthday. The overly commercial and happy go lucky day. Heartbreak day.” Miyeon explained, her mind hazy and her story all over the place. Her bitter laugh reverberated through the room as she ended her rant, 



 

“Then what did you do ?” The other questioned gently, prying more answers out of the open book that was the drunk beauty.


 

“I started ignoring her… because it would hurt to stay close. Yet, I still fought wi

Please log in to read the full chapter