Forget You

Way Back Into Love

 

Chapter 2

Daeya didn’t come to work the next morning and the morning after that. Her phone has been bombarded with both the Boss and Mina’s calls but she didn’t care. All she wanted to do was sleep all day through and forget that she’s so close in meeting the one man who broke her heart. She couldn’t imagine how to handle her work knowing she’ll be working for him.

It was not until Mina and Hyori broke down her door that she was able to compose herself.

“We need you. YG’s got us working like crazy” Mina shook her head. “That G-Dragon is so particular! He’s so detailed and he got us and his team working like mad. So far he didn’t like everything we presented”

“He’s just a perfectionist artist. It’s not his fault” Hyori commented. “He’s quite nice in fact”

“Maybe in the beginning, but then he just exploded. He grilled me like mad I tell you.” Mina exclaimed.

“But he was nice to me” Hyori interjected dreamily.

“That’s because you weren’t listening.  You’re busy goggling at him. Anyway Dae, the Boss is going to kill you when you don’t get your stuff together”

Daeya sat upright in her bed and faked a cough. She didn’t have to fake her weak state though. She has never felt so fragile in her life before. “I’m sick”

“No you’re not. I know what’s going on” Mina stated. “You’re nervous and that’s okay. This is the first project you’ll be heading we understand. But Dae, you’re stronger than this. Don’t let this stop you from doing your job”

“We’re here for you” Mina smiled. “I know you can do this”

Yes, she was stronger than this. How could she let something happened years ago affect her now? Haven’t she learned anything all those years? She wasn’t even sure if Jiyong would remember her. Why would she fret about this?

Daeya finally decided to attend the meeting, much to Mina’s happiness. They nervously sat on the meeting table, having been arrived early. But among the three, it was Daeya who was the most nervous of all. She kept glancing at the clock and at the door. Any minute now he’ll come out of the door and she’ll finally see Kwon Jiyong.

Minuets pass in silence. Finally, she heard a commotion outside and moments later, the door opened to reveal three YG staff.

Jiyong’s nowhere in sight.

“Good Morning, Ladies” The man in the middle greeted them. “It seems that you’re early today. I hope our meeting today will be much fruitful than our last.”

Mina introduced Daeya. “Mr. Lee, this is Ye Daeya, she’ll be heading our team from now on”

“So I’ve heard” Mr. Lee smiled sweetly.

They shook hands. “I apologize for not being able to be with you on the last meeting due to… Er… circumstances. And from what I’ve gather, it didn’t go according as planned”

“Yes. Unfortunately there’s a change of setting” The other man said. “There will be a change in the song we’ll be working”

The three women looked at each other. “If it has anything to do with the last meeting, I can assure you it will not happen again. We will work hard”

“Oh it has nothing to do with that. G-Dragon decided to change his title song for this particular album. So there will be some changes on the initial plan. I hope you’re okay with that”

“Of course, we’re okay,” Hyori smiled. “Anything for G-Dragon. Where is he anyway?” Mina elbowed her.

“He can’t come today, unfortunately, but any concerns involving him, you let us know” He said.

Daeya was able to breathe properly throughout the meeting. It was clear YG wanted their involvement as little as possible. They will provide proposals and it will be YG’s decision to consider it. Daeya didn’t mind. She wanted as little as possible involvement in this projects either.

“I’m happy that we’ve come up with a suitable agreement” Mr. Lee said as they finished the meeting.

“It was a pleasure working with you too” Daeya beamed as they make their way out. “So we’ll see you in the next meeting then?” Daeya was quite pleased with the result, Mina was a little annoyed with the change made because it meant they have to start from scratch again, While Hyori was a little grumpy, not being able to see her favourite idol.

“Yes. I look forward to that” Mr. Lee replied.

Daeya froze; she unexpectedly felt a presence behind her. It was quite a familiar feeling and she felt her heartbeat rise through the roof. The hairs on her neck stood up and she suddenly felt cold. She saw the look on the other’s eyes as they stare at someone behind her. Her hands sweating and she stopped breathing, hoping to the gods that someone isn’t him.

“Am I late?”

She felt her heart ache as she finally heard Jiyong’s voice again. She had heard it on television many times before but it was nothing like hearing it from him, just inches from her ear. Suddenly, she was back at the bus station, it was raining and he was standing there, looking at her heavily, her heart breaking even more remembering that night.

“We just finished” Mr. Lee grinned. “Do you want me to fill you up?”

Jiyong walked passed her without a glance as if she wasn’t there. She was finally able to take a glimpse at him; he was so different now, his stance was taller and he has this undeniable aura of coolness surrounding him. He’s definitely not just Kwon Jiyong anymore; he was now a certified celebrity. Even with just a simple white shirt and jeans, he still looked cool. His hands were on his pocket as he looked at his people. “No. I’m okay”

“You remember them?” Mr. Lee motioned to Daeya and the others.

He smiled at them courtly and then went back to Mr. Lee. “Can I have a word, Mr. Lee”

“Hello G-Dragon!” Hyori interrupted which causes Jiyong to look back at them.

“Oh hello” Jiyong just bowed to to them. With one awkward smile, he motioned for the other YG staff to follow him inside. They closed the door behind them, leaving the three alone in the hallway. Kwon Jiyong forgot about her, she laughed at the thought.