The Sinking Ship

Overboard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“Listen to yourself, Myung Soo!” Amber fumes, raising her voice a notch despite the close distance between where they are standing. “You’re being childish!”   Here they are, ten minutes into their heated argument and the outcome is still bleak. It was just a whisper to cheer her friend on and Myung Soo is making a big deal out of it. To be honest, there is a part of her that gets really happy when Myung Soo shows his jealousy because it signifies how much he loves her, but when he keeps going on and on and on at it, that’s when Amber begins to feel annoyed.   “I’m being childish? What about you huh?” Myung Soo retorts heatedly. “Everyone is pairing you up with Kris now—”   “The fans can think whatever they want to think, Myung Soo! Jesus Christ, I thought you would understand!” Amber crosses her arms in front of her chest and rolls her eyes.   “It looked like you were kissing him,” he goes on again.
Amber could see the blazing fire in his eyes when he states that stupid word again. His muscles are tensing and he keeps clenching his fists. He looks like he could kill anyone right now. The feeling is overwhelming him and he could not control himself from venting it out on her. Meanwhile, Amber is fed up with his jealousy rage and wishes he would just grow up. Be mature like Kris. Kris does not even take the whole shipping matter seriously, what does her boyfriend have to worry about? Kris has a girlfriend, for Pete’s sake!   “But I did not!” Amber enunciates through clenched teeth. “My parents were there, the girls were there, and people have clarified that it was a whisper, which I’ve been telling you for the umpteenth time in the past ten minutes! Why would I be kissing him in public?”   Unfortunately, Myung Soo isn’t listening anymore. “Really?” Myung Soo’s voice turns into a mock. His lips tugging up into a derisive smirk smirk. At this, Amber frowns. “I heard you went out for a date with him on Saturday.”   Amber’s jaw drops at his offense. Are you kidding me? Yes, she did go out with Kris on Saturday, but it was to help Kris meet his girlfriend, Sera. Where did Myung Soo get this news anyway?!   She takes in a deep breath and glares at her boyfriend of three years1. “Myung Soo,” she attempts to make her words sound even as though she feels like strangling him, “There is nothing you should be worried about. There is ­nothing—”   “You’re not even explaining yourself! How do you expect me to believe you?!”   “Oh my God, Myung Soo!” Amber’s patience is evaporating again. “You know what? I’ve had enough of this. Why don’t you go home and cool down?!”   “Oh, don’t you worry! I was planning to anyway!”
With that, Myung Soo marches out of her room and slams the door close. Amber jumps at the loud sound and groans in frustration as she kicks the side of her bed. Outside, Luna and Krystal have returned home from their individual schedule and are startled to see the furious Myung Soo. Nevertheless, he bids them goodbye shortly and leaves the place.   “What’s going on?” Krystal wonders, eyeing Luna.   “I’m going to check on Amber,” Luna says and runs off to the room she shares with Amber.   They open the door to see Amber sitting up on her bed. Seeing her friends, Amber puts a smile on her face and welcomes them home.   “Am, is everything okay?” Krystal asks in concern.   Realising what they are referring to, Amber rolls her eyes. “Yeah. Myung Soo’s jealous over the whole Kris thing.”   “Oh God, you two,” Luna clucks her tongue, “last time it was you and his kiss scene in Shut Up Flower Boy Band.”   “Wait, that didn’t happen right?” Krystal perks up.   “No, but Amber was still jealous anyway.”   “I was not!” Amber glowers at Luna in defence and huffs at the reminder of that news again.   “Seriously, you should just end it if you keep fighting over trivial matters like this—”   “Krystal!” Luna hits Krystal’s arm lightly. “How could you say that?”   “What? It’s a consequence in this world we work in. You can’t keep throwing jealousy rage at each other when the other is doing his or her job.”   The two younger girls argue on the matter while Amber says nothing. Her mind is somewhere else. She crosses her arms to give her some comfort and brings her gaze down to her phone. She wonders if he would call her to apologise this time. Well, she is not going to say sorry this time because it isn’t her fault; she didn’t start the argument.

 

☭ 

 

As the MCs are talking, Myung Soo looks at the three female standing next to Kyun Sung. He wonders who he could choose as a partner. To be frank, he wishes Amber is still on Invincible Youth 2. That way, he could interact with some of the girls to get her jealous. He smiles at the thought and remembers that time when Amber was upset with his kissing scene rumour. He took it lightly and played cool, but when it proceeded into an argument that went out of hand, he had to apologise and get them back on track.   He still has not spoken to her in past few days and though it unsettles him, he is not going to initiate the apology. Amber has many male friends in SM and they all have skin ships and interactions literally anytime they could; for example the Super Junior Super Show 4 in Singapore, just looking at the way Dong Hae draped his arm over Amber made Myung Soo scowl. He knew it was a mere brotherly and friendly gesture, but he cannot help to envy Dong Hae for being able to do that. She is his girlfriend and it upsets him that he couldn’t do all those things to her.   It bothers Myung Soo that Amber belongs to a different company, meaning they don’t get that much opportunity to be on stage together. Not that they could be ‘friendly’ with each other with their relationship status. When he was caught on a fan's camera acting ‘friendly’ to Amber at Incheon Korean Music Wave last year, Woolim and SM told him and Amber respectively to “keep a distance” in order to prevent rumours to emerge. Both companies know of their relationship and have decided to keep the relationship a secret between the four of them, their band members, and their family. And some close friends SM and Woolim should never know about, the couple believes. Myung Soo blamed himself for letting the cat out of the bag, though in his defence, he had not seen her for months until that night and he could not contain himself.   Thinking of Amber makes that sinful emotion emerged again. How could she be so calm when that bloody KrisBer ship has sailed?! He has no problem with Dong Hae, Key, Daniel, and Henry since they are all like a friend or a brother to her, whereas Min Ho is already dating Yuri of Girl’s Generation. But Kris? His looks, his background, his height… everything about him poses a danger to
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter