one.

Can I Have This Dance?

You leaned against the brick wall, occasionally looking at your watch.

"Aish, he's always late." You murmured to yourself as you looked at the horde of students flooding into school. 

Two more minutes...I'm giving him two more...

"I'm...I'm sorry!" 

Myungsoo panted as he ran up to you, while pushing up his thick glasses that was threatening to slip down his nose bridge due to the huge amount of sweat that was pouring down his face.

"You owe me three ice-creams now. It's the third time that you're late." You pouted. "You're lucky that we're still on time for school. Let's go."

You spun around in that graceful manner you always did as you turned to walk into school, and Myungsoo ran a little clumsily to catch up. Sometimes you wondered why you made friends with such a dork, until the childhood memories flooded back to you. You smiled a little as you remembered how when you guys were only eight years old and playing at the playground. Having learnt how to do a piroutte, you spun around foolishly and nearly fell, when Myungsoo was there to cushion your fall. 

Thinking about it, he was always there for you.

"...hello?"

You snapped back to reality as Myungsoo waved his hand in front of your face.

"Huh?"

He smiled, showing off his dimpled cheeks that you were always so envious of. 

"You were about to walk straight into the statue."

You looked up, and realized that you were so lost in your thoughts that you almost bumped into a statue that was right in front of you.

"Pabo." He shook his head and took your hand gently, pulling you in the other direction. "I always have to be there for you to stop you from getting into accidents. If it wasn't for me, you shouldn't be alive by now."

You laughed as both of you walked into your homerooms and headed for your usual seats.

But deep down, you knew that he was right.


"Darn."

The school bell had rung and Kai knew he was in deep trouble.

"First day of school and I'm already late. What a fantastic first impression I'll make." He grumbled as he started to run towards his homeroom. "Let's see...D214...where is that place?"

He stopped in his tracks as he looked at the sign on the door next to him.

"Oh."

Kai straightened his tie a little, before knocking on the door and entering, albeit with apprehension.

"As I was saying.." The teacher paused, and turned to stare at Kai who was standing at the door. 

"Good morning." He bowed. "I'm the new transfer student."

"Ahh...Kim Jong-in, right?" 

He nodded, and tried to ignore the admiring looks from the girls in the homeroom. 

"You're late. But it's okay, it's your first day after all. I supposed you had difficulty finding your homeroom." The petite woman who appeared to be in her thirties scanned the room, looking for an empty seat.

"Well, there's an empty seat there."


You couldn't help but look at the new student. He was good-looking, and you couldn't deny it. Myungsoo seemed uncomfortable though, and kept shifting nervously in his seat.

"Myungsoo!" You whispered angrily at him to stop acting weirdly.

"Well, there's an empty seat there." Mrs Jung pointed in your direction, and it startled you. 

There's an empty seat next to me? Where...oh.

The new student gave you a small smile, and made his way towards the seat next to yours. Every pair of eyes in the room followed his movement as he finally settled down on his seat.

"You heard my name just now." He turned to look at you. "Mind telling me yours?"

"I would prefer if you don't get too comfortable all around her now." Myungsoo's stern voice cut the tense air, and you gave him a look to silence him, for you thought that he was being rude.

"We're going to be seatmates, no?" 

"Well yes." You sat up straight, a habit you had from all those years of ballet. "I'm ____, nice to meet you. And he," you nudged Myungsoo gently, "is Kim Myungsoo."

"Her best friend." Myungsoo quipped.

"If I didn't know better, I would think that both of you were a couple." The new student laughed. "Call me Kai though. I don't like people calling me Jong-in. Sounds too much like Jong-il. Kim Jong-il."

Myungsoo rolled his eyes, but you appreciated his sense of humour, and gave an encouraging smile.

What is wrong with Myungsoo today, seriously....


Hello! Just an author's note hehe thanks for reading! I'm sorry if the story isn't very exciting up till now, it's just an introduction to what the characters are like. I'll reveal more about their dance backgrounds (or lack of) in the next chapters! Thanks for the support! (: