Chapter 1 - We Meet Again

My Definition of Awkward

You woke up to the sound of birds chirping. You sat up and streatched your arms out. A knock on the door came. "Michelle, eat breakfast quickly! Your flight is soon!" It was your mother.

You frowned, remembering you would be leaving Canada and moving to China. You knew it wouldn't be easy adjusting, but at least you knew Chinese.

You sat up, tied your hair up, and went downstairs for breakfast. "Good morning," Your mom smiled and put an egg on your plate.

"Morning, mom." You yawned and started to eat.

"Are you all packed?" She asked you and you nodded. "Good."

You finished eating and put your plates in the sink. Before you could go upstairs, your mom spoke again. "You don't seem excited."

You sighed, "I'm leaving my friends and the place I grew up. Of course I'm not excited."

"You're going to see your brother after 5 years! I'm sure he's excited." She smiled at you. You ignored her and walked upstairs to the bathroom to brush your teeth. *I have to call Jennifer and Alexa before I board the plane.* You spit in the sink, wiped your mouth, and walked into your room to get dressed.

You looked at the clock. *8:16 I have 2 ours before my flight...* You quickly grabbed your phone and called Jennifer. "Hello?"

"Jenny! It's Michelle. I'm leaving soon, think you can stop by?" You crossed your fingers, hoping you could see her once more.

"Wah! I'll be there ASAP! Don't leave without saying goodbye!" She pleaded.

You laughed, "Why would I leave without saying goodbye to my best friend?"

"I don't know! Now's not the time for questions! I'll see you in a few!" Jennifer said and hung up. You dialed Alexa's number.

"Michelle?" Alexa answered.

"Hey, Lex. I'm leaving in two hours. I invited Jenny over and she's on her way. Can you stop by as well so we could say our goodbyes?"

"Of course I can come! But, not to say goodbye. I don't believe in goodbyes, my dear Michelle."

Pretty soon, Jennifer and Alexa came knocking on the door. You opened the door and greeted them. "Hey guys." You forced a smile.

"Hi Michellie~." Jennifer eyesmiled.

"Come in," You stepped aside and they came in.

Your mother saw them and waved, "Hey girls! Come to visit?"

Jennifer giggled, "Yes~."

The three of you sat on the couch in your living room. You turned your head to look at the clock. *9:05. Less than an hour left.*

Alexa looked at the clock as well and frowned. "What time do you leave?"

"Ten o'clock." You frowned.

"Oh," She sighed.

"Are you happy?" Jennifer asked you.

You smiled at her, "It's bittersweet... I'm sad about leaving you guys and Canada. But, I'm also happy about seeing my dad and Henry."

"We have Skype!" Alexa pointed out.

"Ohh~ Lex is right. We must Skype every day. Okay?!" Jennifer said.

You laughed, "Of course!"

"You can tell us about the Chinese culture." Alexa said.

Jennifer smirked, "Or you can tell us about the boys~."

Alexa whacked Jennifer's arm and you laughed. "I'm serious though. Tell us about any cute guys, okay?"

"Alright,"

Your mother came and informed you guys, "Not to rush you girls but 30 minutes. You might want to start leaving soon."

Alexa and Jennifer nodded. You stood up and walked them to the door. Your eyes started tearing, Jennifer's expression changed, and Alexa started pouting. Once all three of you got to the door, you all started bauling your eyes out. You all hugged each other.

You heard your mother chuckle and walk away. Jennifer sobbed, "H-Have fun in C-China, o-okay?"

Alexa sobbed as well, "Don't b-be sad. If anyone is ever m-mean to y-you, tell me and I'll beat them u-up."

You nodded and sobbed with them. "I'll miss you guys so much."

"I'll miss you too Michelle." Alexa said and hugged tighter.

"I'll miss you, too." Jennifer sighed.

You all let go of your group hug. "I guess this is it."

Jennifer was crying so much that she couldn't even say any words.

"Just remember, this isn't goodbye. Call us once you get to China." Alexa said while wiping her eyes.

You nodded. "Bye guys, love you." You forced a smile and waved.

"We love you, too." Jennifer said and waved back.

"Best friends forever! Stay strong in China!" Alexa waved as well. You closed the door and went upstairs to get your luggage. *China, here I come.*

---------------------

After a 14 hour flight, you finally landed in China. You say your father waving to you guys with Henry. You smiled at him. "Hi dad."

He kissed your forehead, "Hi Michelle."

You mom hugged Henry and then your father. You walked over to Henry.

"Hey, bro." You hugged him.

"Hey, sis." He hugged you back. "How was the flight?"

You sighed, "Tiring." He chuckled.

"Well, let's get home!" Your father said while walking over to the car and putting your luggages in the trunk.

You sat in the back with Henry. "So, how's your career in Super Junior M?"

He chuckled, "I have much fans. It's hard but I love my friends and fans."

You nodded and smiled.

After an hour of driving, you arrived home. "Welcome home." Henry winked.

You laughed and grabbed your luggage. "Michelle," Your dad called you. You turned to him and raised your eyebrows. "We have a surprise inside."

"A surprise?" You asked.

He nodded. "Open the door and make your way into the living room."

You saw your mom and Henry smile. You shrugged and opened the door. You looked around while putting your luggage down by the stairs. *The living room...*

You walked straight into the living room and saw a blonde headed boy. He turned around and smiled at you. "Michelle, do you remember me?" He said while standing up and walking to you.

"No... should I?" You stared at him.

"You really don't remember me?" He asked and you shook your head. "We used to be friends when I lived in Canada..."

You paused. Suddenly, you remembered a boy you used to go to school with. *No way...* "Kris?!"

He smiled. "Hey,"

You hugged him. "Oh my gosh! I didn't think I'd see you again! How are you?"

He chuckled, "I'm good."

Your parents and brother came in. "I see you recognize him." Your father chuckled.

You laughed, "Yeah."

"Well, we have some news. Why don't we all sit down?" Your mother smiled.

You sat next to Kris on the couch. *I wonder what the news is...*

-----------

First chapter on Kris's birthday!! :D Happy Birthday Kris~ <3 Lol. I hope you guys like this story so far. :)

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Thank you for reading!

Subsribe and comment!

Saranghaeyo~! <3